> changedagain Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > 'Sit Down, Shut Up and Listen'
> >
>
> I remember this quote as:
>
> “Sit down, shut up and help me.”

At least I got the 'sit down, shut up' part right!
#MemoriesOfMom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 02, 2020 08:54PM

'Sit Down, Shut Up and Listen'
(the opening line of the Sermon of the Mount, if delivered by Marilyn)

TheWalk/TLW's version of 'love'.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 02, 2020 09:01PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 'Sit Down, Shut Up and Listen'
> (the opening line of the Sermon of the Mount, if
> delivered by Marilyn)

The Beatitudes according to Marilyn:

1. Blessed are the girls who keep their spirit in their sneakers for they shall be mushrooms.

2. Blessed are the women with killer spirits for they shall be Me in the churches.

Note: Please feel free to add. I had to stop after two due to extreme triggering effect.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 02, 2020 11:03PM

Reep:
I had to stop after two due to extreme triggering effect.
I hear ya. I think that is wise :)

Date: August 03, 2020 03:46PM

I N S T A G R A V E S

INSTAGRAM just suggested to my wife that she 'follow' someone new, <Gary & Silvana Hargrave>, and then increased my surprise by reading off Gary's 'stellar' accomplishments as a ministry, conveniently omitting the extensive casualty list he is directly responsible for.

'Followers' anyone . . . ?

Date: August 03, 2020 10:28PM

He is obsessed with being perceived as a very important global ministry--and that obsession will probably remain with him the duration of his life. If he had simply been a semi-decent person, he wouldn't be facing anything close to the backlash he is now.
Thanks for the heads up, kBOY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 10:36PM by changedagain.

Date: August 03, 2020 10:34PM

BTW, Marilyn's funeral encapsulated TLWF culture that so many people suffered under...and, of course, some well-positioned leaders exploited for personal gain. Charging $40 to attend a funeral? It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic:

Posted by: reveal
Date: October 14, 2018 12:19PM

FROMSOUTHCHICAGO, I'm glad you asked about Marilyn's funeral because it's something I have thought of posting about on here for some time. I was there and it was very, very odd. One, we had to pay to attend. No kidding. We were told we had to register if we wanted to attend the funeral, and pay $40 per person to "cover costs". I found this extremely bizarre and supremely tacky. Who charges people to attend a funeral?? Especially considering the Hargraves have a ton of money.

Two, besides Marilyn's immediate family (Rick, Marti, Gary, and granddaughter Kaylin) the leaders/shepherds from all of the churches were a part of the processional and recessional in the church, and then at the graveside they had all of the chairs surrounding the immediate area cordoned off. Only VIP were allowed to sit in the chairs, and they had someone placed at the entrance of this sectioned off area to allow or disallow people to sit in the seats. Even though there were a ton of empty seats, the rest of us minions were given standing room only OUTSIDE of the roped off area. In typical TLWF fashion it was very exclusive. It felt very uncomfortable.

Three, Rick did a "Twenty-One Gun Salute" for Marilyn with fire crackers (you know the ones that just make a loud BOOM), simulating what they do for members of the Military who pass on. I was deeply offended by it, because in my opinion that is reserved only for those who have served in the Armed Forces. It seemed highly inappropriate to me and came off very awkward.

Four, at the reception everyone was completely shitfaced. I have not seen so many people wasted at a church function before. I mean, in LA it's kind of par for the course to see people drunk at functions, but this was just over the top. It was all just very, very strange in every regard.

You asked about Marti. She was kicked out of the church for being gay. Apparently it's okay for Rick to have four extra-marital affairs and exhibit grossly inappropriate behavior towards women and STILL be in leadership, but it's not okay to be gay. A huge double standard.

Date: August 04, 2020 06:10PM

I N S T A G R A V E

[www.instagram.com]

Perhaps the G-man feels Covid-19 is affording him some cover by possibly slowing down the legal freight train headed his way.

That grin on his face demonstrates just how remorseful he is for ruining so many lives with his 'world-wide ministry'.

Date: August 04, 2020 09:21PM

kBOY Wrote:

> That grin on his face demonstrates just how
> remorseful he is for ruining so many lives with
> his 'world-wide ministry'.

Anyone that has had anything to do with him is not fooled by that contrived smile. They know the cut-throat operator that lurks within. Best keep your distance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.