Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: April 24, 2020 04:40AM

T Y P E R

I don't know anything about Jesus being a fish-taco chef, but he was a master of relationship.  And, as you rightly stated, LOVE requires no religion.

Most religions have a little bit of truth, but that is what distinguishes them as religions apart from TRUTH.  Jesus was able to simply it for us all:  LOVE CREATOR/LOVE CREATION.  No rocket science there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 24, 2020 03:27PM

T Y P E R

(Previous post: "Jesus was able to SIMPLIFY it for us all:")

J J J

One wonders what 'new day' is being preached these days, but don't get your hopes up; it will probably look similar to all the previous 'new days'.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 24, 2020 11:14PM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any chance the link to watch or join the services
> was in that email and you would feel inclined to
> share it? I promise I have no nefarious purposes,
> but I am curious about what is being said these
> days in services. So many churches are offering
> free broadcasts and streaming versions of their
> services. It would surprise me if Shiloh was doing
> the same, but I would be interested in hearing
> what is being preached.

If they are praying for the medical workers on the front lines who are risking their lives to take care of coronavirus patients, and essential low-income workers (grocery store cashiers, delivery drivers etc.) who are trying to stay financially afloat, while daily exposing themselves to possible infection--that (I think) would be admirable. But I suspect that is not the focus. Yeah, if you could find out what is going on that would be great. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised :)

Date: April 24, 2020 11:32PM

Cloudwatcher wrote:
Everyone's talents and gifts were hijacked for the purpose of enriching one or two. It really makes me sick for those who still cling to it---when in reality--this is the opportunity to really live and find some happiness with our days left on this earth. A time to pave the way for the ones we leave behind--some light. The young have escaped no doubt. And that will prove out in the coming days and weeks. But my wish that all would be free. I guess we can only hope.

Well said.

Date: April 24, 2020 11:34PM

kBOY Wrote:

> One wonders what 'new day' is being preached these
> days, but don't get your hopes up; it will
> probably look similar to all the previous 'new
> days'.

Yup

Date: April 25, 2020 10:18PM

On the subject of breaking up families...this post from August 2010 by 'ForgottenOne:'

Posted by: ForgottenOne
Date: August 23, 2010 10:31AM

We went to our son's wedding.The church congregation of about 100 who we nor our family knew were strange almost in a state of group hypnosis and did not include us in the service, just the member's parents. It surprised us and our two other attending adult children when the minister stated explaining our son's upbringing was bad just like the minister'-this in front of us and our family who were all amazed at these statements. This tactic may have been to get our son to believe that that minister and the church finally saved or respected him. It was like the only reason to get married and into that church was because they were going to rescue him--then the church attendees who knew nothing of our son and never met him or us went into a voodoo like arm raising chant. Since this wedding the church has worked our son into alienating his entire direct family, parents, brothers and sister, and their young children.He used to collect antiques and saved everything from his childhood and now doesn't want anything of his childhood. Our son went to a great HS and graduated from college.This church worked on his weaknesses to take advantage and made him think they were the light--and that it is okay as long as he is with them to forget your family. We don't think he will ever talk or communicate with us as he doesn't even respond to calls or emails. We wish him happiness but want to let other know to watch out that it doesn't happen to them. What a devious way to get church member. This Living Word church is in North Hills.

Date: April 25, 2020 10:42PM

C H A N G E D

It is important to point out that all of these tactics are scripturally 'justified', not only within TLW, but within Christianity in general.  One can choose whatever flavor of Christianity you want, and you can extract scriptures that will justify all sorts of anomalous behavior.

As has been pointed out many times, Christianity as a religion (a cult with street-cred), does not necessary reflect what Jesus taught.  Therein lies the rub, and the road to a world of hurt.

Date: April 26, 2020 09:33PM

An excerpt of a post from January of 2010 by jhorning.
note: I kinda miss the back room, super confidential meetings (not):

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: January 30, 2011 03:38PM

I attended only one "back room" meeting. It was held in a garage/office and I was told not to share anything I heard with my wife. We were told we could only discuss what was said with others who were present. This secrecy spilled over years later with the tape libraries. I was over the library in Phoenix and was instructed to be present in the same room whenever someone wanted to hear a tape. Supposedly this was to cut down on the confusion or misunderstanding that may occur if someone heard the word on their own.

Having "John's thinking" was surely taught. Members were encouraged to think about things the way John did.

The phrase, " What would John think." was common place. I guess it has now been passed to Gary and Marilyn. I was at a service in Sepulveda when Bill Maybee said for us to turn our minds over to them (the Apostolic Company I guess) and they will tell us what to think.

When things like this were said many of us refused to believe them and refused to follow them. I stayed in the Fellowship (@Phoenix) trying to shepherd people from what we were hearing on the tapes. It was a group within the group at that time and when we finally were told to leave the church split up. One group remained with "The Walk" and still met in the building on 9th Street while the others began meeting elsewhere. I no longer meet with the group that left. We met for quite a while going through many changes together until they once again gave themselves over to the leadership of one person. He told me what I did in the past doesn't count and I couldn't be an elder unless I came up under him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2020 09:34PM by changedagain.

Date: April 27, 2020 03:57AM

jhorning wrote:
He told me what I did in the past doesn't count and I couldn't be an elder unless I came up under him.

I would point out Walk/TLWF ministries' obsession with position thinking, but that would indicate that perhaps I am obsessed with position thinking, so I've decided to stay clear of mentioning or even thinking about position thinking...which actually might make it more probable that I will at least think about position thinking, since it is human nature to think about what you're not supposed to think about. Anyway, I certainly don't want to go down that path--it seems like a trap. That said, it sure would be nice to be a Chancellor for a day. Oops.

Posted by: typer ()
Date: April 27, 2020 05:43AM

Yes, I tried position thinking with the puppies but it didn't work. When I was eating bacon, one of them sits on his back legs. When they look at me with their puppy eyes; the next thing I know, the bacon finds their mouths. It just seems to always find their eagerly waiting mouths. They are definitely in charge. Good thing nobody knows of me not showing them how to be properly obedient; all they seem to know is unconditional love. Oh well, what the cult leaders don't know won't hurt me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.