Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: April 17, 2020 01:59AM

Actually, it’s more like brain science and rocket surgery.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: April 17, 2020 06:00AM

Brain science or rocket surgery is mind-boggling.

I will assume everyone has heard of the National Prayer Breakfast.?
some months back I was referred to a youtube video on this. In that video, it talked about King David fling as well. Is anyone else familiar with what I'm blabbering about?

These men and women believed, according to the expose', that they were above the law as was King David because they were "chosen" to be leaders.
At the time I watched that video it struck me that JRS seemed to hold that belief as well. (The previous pages mentioned this.)

This kind of grandiose excuse taken as "bible truth" to do what one pleases scares the bejibbers out of me. It leads one down the path of the rabbit holes to "god only knows' how many delusional people are running what organizations?

Does anyone have any idea of where JRS got his King David- man after God's own heart is above morality and ethics ideas? Did he read it? Did he belong to secret organizations? Did he not plagiarize most everything else? Where does Gary fit in beside take the money and run?

I have to ponder what the overall outcome will be with som many brainwashed to believe that so many, leaders in small to national and global believe that they are 'chosen to rule"?

Have we learned enough from our experiences that we don't fall prey to this again?

Maybe, I should warn you to not give a response. It is depressing. This idea that leaders everywhere are malignant narcissists is overwhelming me with the fact that we who survived the walk are not unique.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: April 17, 2020 07:40AM

N A N C Y b

"how many delusional people are running what organizations?"
"leaders everywhere are malignant narcissists"

Most who have reached the 'top' have usually stepped on a few toes to get there.  That seems to be the nature of the predator/prey world in which we live.  When it comes to the dynamic of hierarchy, survival of the fittest is usually the Darwinian-component most prevalent.

Notable humanitarians usually care not about accolades and titles.  Unfortunately, they are in shorter supply than the narcissists.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 21, 2020 11:12PM

Going way back...a post from February of 2007 by 'ben there:'

The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: ben there ()
Date: February 19, 2007 11:48AM

Administering the Kingdom.... that says it, now doesn't it?

The 98% good food/2% poison is a good analogy... I was there too. It was more my wife's choice to be involved, I think it did a lot of damage to my family and to others too.
It all sounded very good, the excess love, the intensity of worship and the word, the breaking away from traditional church to be a real effective warrior prophet of the Lord??? ... for a few weeks.

But I think it was when I started hearing entire groups (like the catholic church, government officials, businesses, etc) 'judged' as being satan in the earth, the whore of babylon, the Nephilim, or whoever the bad guy of the night was...and all sorts of death and destruction 'prophesied' to their detrement, it seemed a bit hitleresque, very violent and had little to do with concepts of God and Love that i had found to be real so far in my young life at the time.

It was not hard to retrieve my own mind and disconnect. It was twisted. My wife got more into it and I became the bad guy too.

When I saw couples put together, taken apart... how people had to be mindless.. (the goal was to be a "zero with the rim rubbed out").. a willing pliable servant. People sought counsel (being expected, as one person mentioned to "submit it to the elders") about things such as what job to get, what car to buy, when/if to move, where, who to date, and any number of normal choices people make for themselves. There was a very strong 'us and them' feeling about anyone outside of the 'Body'.
There would be 6-8 services per week. When one was missed, you would often be questioned. These are only a few things I think of now to write. We were invovled in a church in another state from
'75 to '82 or so. I'd rather not say where.

I moved away, with my wife but we never could repair the damage to our marriage. ... this is my perspective I admit. Yes I feel wiser for it, like I'll never do that again. Friends invite me to their 'teacher' and I can smell it an eternity away..and I'm not above being taught.

I still have a few friends I met from the Walk that I treasure... None are still involved but we stay in touch. It's only today that I've researched and found all of these posts and other sites talking of this group... thanks to all for sharing your stories.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 23, 2020 12:07AM

The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: ben there ()
Date: February 19, 2007 11:48AM

"...I think it was when I started hearing entire groups (like the catholic church, government officials, businesses, etc) 'judged' as being satan in the earth, the whore of babylon, the Nephilim, or whoever the bad guy of the night was...and all sorts of death and destruction 'prophesied' to their detrement, it seemed a bit hitleresque, very violent and had little to do with concepts of God and Love that i had found to be real so far in my young life at the time."

Good post from the past, Changed. Thanks for sharing.

Ben There, ditto to your experience of realizing that the death prayers "had little to do with God and love". Unfortunately, when I first heard rumors of this as a teen I thought, "These people are wrong. Brother Stevens would not ask church members to pray death prayers against his wife or against political leaders". Wrong! He started that way back in 1962 or earlier. This information was hidden from all but the most dedicated intercessors...you know, like Marilyn Holbrook (later Marilyn Stevens...later Marilyn Hargrave).

Date: April 23, 2020 12:58AM

Aside from John's immense ego, does anyone know what caused the falling out between him and his bodyguard/van driver Larry M.? I recall being in an Anaheim service around 1980 or so when John was speaking from the pulpit, saying that were there were death threats going back and forth between him and Larry.
Yet another memory of an 'edifying' interchurch service during that time period :)

Later, at home:
Wife: How was the service, honey? I wish I could have gone.
Me: Delightful. I could sense God's presence. You really missed out!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2020 01:00AM by changedagain.

Date: April 23, 2020 01:58AM

We were involved with Comm West in 1980, and attended (by invitation only) 'closed' meetings at the building regarding this issue.  It was explained (spun?) that Larry M was obstructing Marilyn's access to John, and was then dubbed nephilim--of course.

(Don't know anything about death-threats.)

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 23, 2020 03:24AM

I remember a restricted tape played in a South Gate service...JRS said he realized he was looking into the eyes of the Kahuna. Yeah, it was most likely one of Marilyn's numerous snits. Sigh...

P.S. Looking back, he sounded drunk...kind of like how he sounded in The Sleeping Prophecies...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2020 03:29AM by Reepicheep.

Date: April 23, 2020 11:40AM

Looking into the eyes of the Kahuna?

Date: April 23, 2020 03:17PM

Not good to piss off a Bruddah, Bra, especially one the size of Larry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.