Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: April 15, 2020 09:54AM

Reep wrote:
I have an idea...everyone who is still a "true believer", try an experiment. Publish something critical of TLWF or it's leaders. Will you get an anonymous letter? Online harassment? Will they try to divide you from your family?

I would encourage that. Or even copy and paste a comment from the forum and ask Gary or Rick to give a reasonable answer. I think Hargraves can't give a reasonable answer. He may be too busy with a new "supply".

I left before I had any real dealing with Hargrave. But, I've been around a long time before he was. I know that I have told the truth about the Walk. If Gary can disprove my statements as 100% false, I will repent on my knees and put it in writing. But, we don't see Hargraves stepping up to plate to face any accusation, have we?
If Gary could address the issues we are concerned about would that not bring peace? Does he not know what the bible says about good shepherds?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 15, 2020 09:31PM

NancyB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
For the girls, we were called to be (cringe )'helpmeets'. What manipulation!

If examined by a shrink at the time my guess is that we were encouraged to have delusions of grandeur for being so chosen of God. In reality, we were groomed to be used and keep our mouths shut.

OOPS! That backfired. some of us "helpmeet" are tattletales. We knew too much. One thing "they" did not count on was that we 'helpmeet" had pure hearts for God vs abusive leadership.

I have a "calling" to tell the truth as best as I can from what I witnessed.- crazy as that may sound.

"A handmaiden and a helpmeet." The first "word" I got from JRS...before the great influx of young people. Back when he used to wear suits and ties to service (and insisted that females wear head coverings). And don't even THINK about wearing pants to a Sunday service, or perhaps to any service. But I digress...

Young men were called into the ministry. Young women were called to be servants to a ministry. When it became obvious that there could not be enough churches to support all the "ministers", it changed to prophets and prophetesses.

We who have had rude awakenings from the extremely controlling cult of The Walk or The Living Word Fellowship sometimes find ourselves at loose ends after freeing ourselves from these "great callings". It's hard to go from an eschatological figure of such great importance to a normal human being. And yet there is dignity in the mundane. And still we rise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 09:32PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 15, 2020 09:43PM

The leaders (starting with John) make submission and having a "right spirit" the issue when challenged with the truth. It has been an effective tactic to deflect attention away from the extremely callous, predatory manner they have conducted themselves through the years.
BTW, I do recall one message that John brought addressing the story of David...his fling with Bathsheba, the pregnancy, and the arrangement of the death of her husband, Uriah. He cried throughout the entire message ('What Would You Choose'), conveying that no matter what atrocities a 'man of god' may have committed, the main thing that concerns 'God' is whether this person has a "broken spirit." Yes, there will be consequences for sin (in this case, death of the child...his son's betrayal, constant strife etc.), but ultimately David is portrayed in scripture as a 'man after God's own heart,' and Jesus is allegedly from his lineage. Wow--that spin sure gives lots of latitude for lawless leaders to do whatever they want, knowing that they can easily retain 'God's good graces' before the people by showing remorse for their transgressions, without providing any specific details. How convenient.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: April 15, 2020 10:38PM

C H A N G E D

If one of the primary qualifications for a (wo)man-of-God is "showing remorse for . . . transgressions", I guess that would leave G&M (and company) OUT, since no such behavior has ever been evident.

Charlatans aplenty. Crocodile tears, anyone?

Date: April 15, 2020 10:48PM

C H A N G E D

It is quite telling that JRS would identify with King David and his dalliance with Bathsheba, since that dynamic paralleled much of his own behavior.  Hopefully JRS did not arrange for the disposal of any significant others.

Date: April 15, 2020 10:49PM

C H A N G E D

The previous post was #11160 on page 1116. (Nerd thing.)

Date: April 15, 2020 11:15PM

That is peculiar, kBOY.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: April 16, 2020 10:15AM

Each “page” of this forum contains 10 posts. So the counts continue to increment by 10. No magic to this. There’s no Numerology here. : )

Date: April 16, 2020 05:04PM

That sounds a bit like rocket science. No wonder we couldn't figure it out.

Date: April 16, 2020 09:17PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Each “page” of this forum contains 10 posts. So
> the counts continue to increment by 10. No magic
> to this. There’s no Numerology here. : )

If you're going to start using math or science in this discussion group, Puddington, I'm going to have to ask you to leave ;}

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.