Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 24, 2020 08:07AM

This post by 'fool me twice' from March of 2019:

Posted by: fool me twice
Date: March 23, 2019 10:57AM

I also had that same privilege to work for a different Kingdom Business as a painter. I did painting on both the JRS home and the Blix house. One day while I was scraping paint on JRS's house, a job that is not only quite dirty but also causes a lot of paint chips to fall into your eyes since no protective gear was a thing with KB's. JRS stepped out of his house and scolded me because I had failed to somehow prevent the paint chips from falling into his flower beds. "That paint has lead in it and that will kill my plants" Not that lead paint could be harmful to you or your eyes. Actually that was the only time JRS said a single word to me outside of a service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 08:08AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 24, 2020 04:04PM

During my 35+ years in the fellowship I never had a substantive exchange with either JRS or G&M, while they certainly extracted a lot of substance from me in the form of free labor and plenty of $$$s.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: March 24, 2020 09:29PM

th231955
I read you are looking for some of the guys you knew. None of us are spring chickens anymore.

I am sorry to inform you that Bowman has passed away according to sources. Last time I saw him he had two children.

As afar as Monte- of gosh, I had not heard his name in decades. I have no idea. We all use 'handles" on the forum here. of his whereabouts. Most of us are scattered all over the country and have not seen each other face to face in some time-We are "socially distanced".

Enos is now 81 years old.

Date: March 24, 2020 10:01PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> During my 35+ years in the fellowship I never had
> a substantive exchange with either JRS or G&M,
> while they certainly extracted a lot of substance
> from me in the form of free labor and plenty of
> $$$s.

Me neither. At one point I think I would have needed to get by five bodyguards to say hello. O.K.--slight exaggeration. Maybe not :)

Post by I_woke_up from September of 2018:
Posted by: I_woke_up ()
Date: September 08, 2018 09:08AM

The more I “followed my heart” (sounds cheesy but true) the more I was like, “I never believed most of this stuff anyway!” Why am I still going? Pain can be a funny thing. It’s a sure fire way to get rid of the “SHIT” in your life. Now.. I’m grateful for it.

Oh, I forgot to add.. During all this.. when planning a dinner out with the lead pastors of Shiloh, my husband was going to send the pastor’s wife a meeting request and she told him, “I don’t want your shit on my calendar.”

Sincerely,
I_woke_up

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 24, 2020 10:22PM

Once again, we circle back to the infamous, “I don’t want your shit on my calendar.”

For an organization that claimed the 'Kingdom is Relationships', LOVE and shepherding was Victim #1.

Date: March 25, 2020 12:05AM

'The Kingdom is a relationship between the lord and his serfs.'
-a KD proverb I submitted back in the day that was summarily rejected--hurting my feelings, yet again ;)

Posted by: th231955 ()
Date: March 25, 2020 12:16AM

Kingdom relationships are those between Jehovah and his son's and daughters! A lot of damage has been done through false teachings! The kingdom of God is not meat or drink, but of righteousness, peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost Romans 14:17 So I can understand the rejection of your KD proverb, (what IS that?)So if your 'proverb" was rejected, it was a double rejection because it isn't scripture according to the 'Walk" and it's perverse teachings...I'm trying to understand...sorry! I pray for you all to be made whole in the Name Of Jesus!

Date: March 25, 2020 12:26AM

You had a very special "awakening" experience that leads you out of the darkness my friend! I had a similar experience a few yrs ago when I was 58 yrs old! I'd been a 'Christian a for decades, thinking I was doing what I was supposed to be doing, under various denominations, mostly pentecostal, jumping through man's hoops, to righteousness! I had an experience with the Holy Spirit one evening after I'd just freshly divorced! God set me free of man's religion and consequently put my marriage back together, and I learned to fully let the Holy Spirit guide me! I'm 64 now and God is so real, and the power of Christ is strong in my life! Keep the good fight, Sir God Bless you!

Date: March 25, 2020 12:39AM

Thank you for the response! Bowman's passing grieves me even now! That crazy guy was a good friend to me as a younger guy! He did flashcards to memorize Scripture and I'll never forget the one we learned together! Proverbs 26:14! I haven't seen Enos for many years! I'm in the process of trying to reacquaint! Asa for JRS JR. when he was younger way before the Walk junk was in his life, he was a decent Man! I know it might be difficult for a lot of you that have been deceived by him, but I knew him before the Walk! So when I saw things going weird at Enos's farm, I knew it was a bad deal all around, then they screwed Enos out of the family farm! And like I said in other posts, God did definitely sheild me from harm, by taking my mind away from the destruction that was going on , and kept me for a different time and place! God Bless you!! Did you know who Tony Hartley was?

Date: March 25, 2020 12:52AM

AS a side note: I am in no means an advocate for JRS.Period! I just speak of personal observations at the very beginning of the transition of TLW in Washington Iowa with Dad Stevens and Fred Bickhart to when JRS went to California and returned a very different person! As an outside observer looking in at that point, I got to witness things a lot of you folks didn't! Even though I didn't get sucked into the madness of the Walk, I still have had to deal with the evil things that mess did to my dear friend Enos, and other Bender family members! It comes back to me many times over the years! So please don't think I was bamboozled by the man known as JRS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.