Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 14, 2020 04:12PM

P U R P L E

"Many wonderful and loving people were used thinking they were giving themselves to something that was right.. including me...so much was so wrong."

(My comment from 3/11): "The saddest part of this disappointing tale is how many up close and personal 'others' were slowly corrupted in the process . . ."

Not only does this apply to you, but to everyone in varying degrees, all the way down the line, wasting the fine talents of so many people, and subjecting them to 'voluntary' servitude to a cause thought to be HOLY, but was in actuality, profoundly corrupt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 14, 2020 10:15PM

Imapurple wrote:
"G&M started their affair during the time JRS was in his bedroom dying. Everything was twisted from the very beginning of their relationship. Plans were being made on how to deal with johns family and ministries who were looking into what the next steps were going to be for the churches. Complete control and pulling in the money was the first order of business no matter what the cost. That went on for the next 30 plus years. Covering Rick and everything he did was all part of it. Many wonderful and loving people were used thinking they were giving themselves to something that was right.. including me...so much was so wrong"

horrible

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2020 10:17PM by changedagain.

Posted by: typer ()
Date: March 15, 2020 01:57AM

Maybe this isn't appropriate for this forum but Mr. Ross will help screen this, I'm confident of:

The arrogance of leadership over all these years still leaves me in tears:

Jesus said he entrusted himself to no man, because he knew what was in man. He also rebuked the person that called him "good teacher" by saying no man was good. He wanted all the glory and adoration to go to His Father. I can't stand being around anyone anymore that doesn't have a broken heart. My wife and I were talking about that a lot today. People still jockeying for some position. The Father's heart must be so sicken'd by it. I'm sorry, but I have been relating quite a bit to a friend lately that was homeless for many years and now is in a mobile home close to ours. He is mexican and makes tamales and takes them to the homeless and sits with them. He keeps it to himself, just a part of his personal relationship with God. He told God he wouldn't forget where he came from. He constantly gives back and cooks for them a hot meal, and sits with them. I consider it such a priviledge to be called his friend.

Date: March 15, 2020 02:12AM

When people are caught up in their positions of grandeur, they not only cannot see the hearts of the broken hearted, but they can not see God's broken heart for the broken hearted.

Date: March 15, 2020 02:37AM

True, typer.

Date: March 15, 2020 03:40AM

T Y P E R

Your amigo is a SUPER HERO in my book. All these seemingly small gestures are the 'widow's mite' of today, and they are going on everywhere mostly unnoticed, except by those who view the world through the lens of LOVE.

Position-thinking infects every area of life like a 'virus'. The only way to combat it is to not adopt it yourself. Hierarchy is special and exclusive. LOVE is general and inclusive.

Our CREATOR doesn't miss a moment of BLISS over any of this, knowing full well we have all been placed in GOOD HANDS.

LOVE EVERYBODY & have fun.

Date: March 15, 2020 11:05PM

typer wrote:
The arrogance of leadership over all these years still leaves me in tears.

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts on this forum, typer. Guard your health, especially with the almost certain spread of the coronavirus (aka hoax). Practice 'social distancing' when prudent. I know it is tempting, but I would recommend not attending any of the feast services this year, should there be any. In spite of what some people might insinuate, I don't think anyone (yet) has the authority to bind this virus into the 'pit,' simply by speaking the "word." ;)
Kidding aside, wish you well...and keep checking in!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 11:06PM by changedagain.

Date: March 15, 2020 11:35PM

Thank you Changedagain and Kboy. I love the dry sense of humor and acceptance I find here. I like dry humor but found in social gatherings when I was in the cult my dry humor scared people because they felt challenged in trying to control me. It was a good coping mechanism and protection for me at the time; now it is just plain fun with you all.

Date: March 16, 2020 12:12AM

typer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Changedagain and Kboy. I love the dry
> sense of humor and acceptance I find here. I like
> dry humor but found in social gatherings when I
> was in the cult my dry humor scared people because
> they felt challenged in trying to control me. It
> was a good coping mechanism and protection for me
> at the time; now it is just plain fun with you
> all.

They (including myself) should have been far more afraid of sociopathic TLWF leaders manipulating them into a place of servitude and poverty, disguised as a "living word" from God. Too bad we didn't get to see G & M making out while the apostle to the Kingdom lay dying in another room. As conditioned as many of us were to trust leadership at the time, that glimpse of disgusting reality might have served as a 'wake up' call (understatement), precipitating a quicker exodus from the cult. Oh well.

Date: March 16, 2020 07:29AM

C H A N G E D

"Too bad we didn't get to see G & M making out while the apostle to the Kingdom lay dying in another room. That glimpse of disgusting reality might have served as a 'wake up' call."

This is how controlled the narrative was at both the end of the JRS era, and the continuation post-JRS, with many who were close to the situation, too brainwashed at the time to blow the whistle on the abject corruption.

Earlier accounts which highlighted the forging of signatures and the transfer of property would have set off alarms for anyone who viewed developments at arms distance, but the 'fear of the Lord?' was so instilled in the inner circle that rocking the boat was not considered.

Those in the cheap seats, far from the action, were the eventual victims, who could have been spared decades of abuse, had anyone in the know, come to their senses, and shouted from the rooftops what was spoken in secret.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.