Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 11, 2020 04:21AM

Post from October 2019:

Posted by: Imapurple
Date: October 07, 2019 09:25AM

It was an interesting time. Rick couldn’t be in the room taking care of JRS because it was “ too hard for him” 100% complete BS. In fact he spent the whole time up at the studio having his affair with _______. That’s how much he really cared. Yet the fact JRS died left him with a whole bunch of lies he could tell young girls about fake words John gave him and ways to solicit Sympathy getting them to open up to him and then move in for the kill. Rick had so much dirt on G & M and they on him , after all the fighting was over they decided it would be better to let him do whatever he wanted and the same for them. Scott followed Rick so close if Rick came to a sudden stop , Scott’s head would go right up Ricks ass. He did that for decades. Sad, very sad because Rick didn’t even like Scott. It’s so good to see the whole thing fall apart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 11, 2020 07:17AM

C H A N G E D

If RH couldn't even find a place in his 'heart' for Scott, it is pretty safe to say he probably didn't like anybody, which means he had no compunction to use and abuse at will.

With G&M having the goods on RH, and he in reverse, explains why there were no checks and balances in place, enabling both parties to run roughshod over anyone who threatened their personal 'upward flows'.

Date: March 11, 2020 10:35PM

Not only (apparently) were the key leaders of TLWF getting busy (so to speak) as John lay dying, but later they made sure to blame the fellowship for not loving John enough, not praying for him enough...essentially being responsible for his death.
Be the opposite of what you preach, and then accuse others of falling short in their dedication--a classic TLWF leadership response when the "word" is not fulfilled. Good riddance.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 12, 2020 02:23AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not only (apparently) were the key leaders of TLWF
> getting busy (so to speak) as John lay dying, but
> later they made sure to blame the fellowship for
> not loving John enough, not praying for him
> enough...essentially being responsible for his
> death.
> Be the opposite of what you preach, and then
> accuse others of falling short in their
> dedication--a classic TLWF leadership response
> when the "word" is not fulfilled. Good riddance.

I wonder if the leaders were so narcissistic that they actually believed their own BS or if they purposefully gaslighted their faithful followers. I tend to lean toward the idea that they knew exactly what they were doing. : (

Date: March 12, 2020 02:50AM

It is not like these events were the first of their kind. Stories go back into the '50s that chronicle very questionable practices, both financial and relational. By the time JRS passed, the die was already cast, so why not keep the con rolling?

The saddest part of this disappointing tale is how many up close and personal 'others' were slowly corrupted in the process, where, had they been in a positive environment, may have blossomed into different people altogether.

Date: March 13, 2020 12:21AM

Off-subject a bit:
Some guy on FB wanted to know whether the McDougall diet could cure the coronavirus, which made me chuckle. Frankly, I don't even recall what that diet consisted of...other than baked potatoes and whiskey.
I might even have that wrong ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2020 12:22AM by changedagain.

Date: March 13, 2020 03:01AM

This is pretty much what I have been anticipating. No longer need to wait for an effective vaccine. ;)

Kenneth Copeland healed viewers of the coronavirus through their televisions:
[bit.ly]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2020 03:04AM by changedagain.

Date: March 13, 2020 03:42AM

W O W

I lasted about 5 seconds into the Copeland 'Show' before almost wretching. (Even GOD was a big queasy.)

QUESTION: If you have not yet contracted the CoronaVirus, does Copeland's begging act like a vaccine against it? (Asking for someone else.)

P.S. My only memory (of the few that remain) was that McDougal was a 'potato-head', which caused our family to throw him overboard rather quickly and resume our normal course.

Date: March 13, 2020 04:40AM

More bad news for CULTianity:

[www.npr.org]

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: March 14, 2020 12:11PM

G&M started their affair during the time JRS was in his bedroom dying. Everything was twisted from the very beginning of their relationship. Plans were being made on how to deal with johns family and ministries who were looking into what the next steps were going to be for the churches. Complete control and pulling in the money was the first order of business no matter what the cost. That went on for the next 30 plus years. Covering Rick and everything he did was all part of it. Many wonderful and loving people were used thinking they were giving themselves to something that was right.. including me...so much was so wrong

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.