Welcome, Hg2au
I identify with everything you wrote.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 08, 2020 08:44AM

H g 2 A u

WELCOME (back).

You seemed to be much more astute at smelling out a dead rat than most of us who simply adjusted to the stink and continued on for years. There is much to be said about 'boiling the frog slowly', and many of us were unaware that we were being prepared for some other 'kingdom'.

I infrequently crossed paths with Dick Lloyd in the early years at feasts and always felt he was a standup guy. I'm glad he contributed to much of your TLW experience.

During my 35-year involvement I had both positive and negative experiences at both large and small facilities based on who was overseeing things. Like yourself, I never witnessed anything firsthand regarding the egregious abuses chronicled here. If I had, I would have stepped in IMMEDIATELY.

All of that upward flow is now beginning to rain down on the heads of those who never thought their party would end.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 09, 2020 04:30AM

Hg2Au wrote:
Since finding this board, most, if not all, of the suspicions and rumors have been confirmed by multiple sources.

That's been my experience and many others who participate in this forum. BTW, I imagine Shiloh property will be sold in the near future, and the proceeds will go to _______________. Well, wherever it goes, I trust it will be committed to a worthy cause.
/s

Date: February 09, 2020 05:43PM

C H A N G E D

". . . Shiloh property will be sold in the near future . . . I trust (the proceeds) will be committed to a worthy cause."

It seems like gaining access to any of TLWs finances has been about as difficult as obtaining the POTUS' tax returns.

Seeing as how there has been obvious 'black budget' operations all along (Xmas truck?, Rayen Resort, Shiloh amphitheatre, 'Stonehenge' cemetery, executive bars at every church location, and most egregious, the consolidation of everything under Hargrave Family Ministries), one cannot expect too much.

Turtle coffee table anyone?

Posted by: typer ()
Date: February 09, 2020 11:23PM

Comment about Dick Lloyd on page 1078:

When I worked at Fine Line graphics, Dick Lloyd was instrumental in bringing them print jobs from Coca-Cola. These paid jobs that Fine Line got with Dick's help must have been huge in keeping Fine Line open (paying the rent and our huge employee salaries), plus helping pay for the This Weeks and stuff going out to the churches.

After a Coca-Cola job was printed, I got to take it down to Coca-Cola once somewhere in downtown Los Angeles. I got to visit Dick at his office. He seemed like a very loving man.

Date: February 10, 2020 01:30AM

typer Wrote:

> When I worked at Fine Line graphics, Dick Lloyd
> was instrumental in bringing them print jobs from
> Coca-Cola. These paid jobs that Fine Line got with
> Dick's help must have been huge in keeping Fine
> Line open (paying the rent and our huge employee
> salaries
), plus helping pay for the This Weeks and
> stuff going out to the churches.

Yes, I've heard about the huge employee salaries. I admit, I'm a bit jealous of how cushy you had it during that time period, typer ;)
We had our differences, but I grant Dick was a kind man--a rarity among 'apostolic' leadership.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 01:33AM by changedagain.

Date: February 10, 2020 02:13AM

C H A N G E D

Speaking of 'huge' salaries, getting $0.33/hr for 60+hrs/wk at the Sawmill was 'bank' after working for nothing in most other TLW endeavors. Nothing like rolling in $ $ $ . . .

(Federal inmates may make more stamping out license plates.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 02:16AM by kBOY.

Date: February 10, 2020 03:24AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> C H A N G E D
>
> Speaking of 'huge' salaries, getting $0.33/hr for
> 60+hrs/wk at the Sawmill was 'bank' after working
> for nothing in most other TLW endeavors. Nothing
> like rolling in $ $ $ . . .
>
> (Federal inmates may make more stamping out
> license plates.)

Wow. Yeah, and I heard that 'In Christ's Blood Sawmill' was a dangerous place to work. Glad you survived with all of your limbs :)

Date: February 10, 2020 04:27AM

C H A N G E D

After putting in about 15 months in the dust, my only injuries were a chipped tooth and the loss off the tip of one of my fingers. Others were not so fortunate, including the loss of partial or total digits and almost the loss of an entire hand--which miraculously healed in an amazingly short period of time, considering the damage.

The place was an OHSA nightmare, but we took it all in stride, some all the way to the operating room. Makes for good story now.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 10, 2020 07:03AM

Date: February 09, 2020 01:27PM

C H A N G E D

After putting in about 15 months in the dust, my only injuries were a chipped tooth and the loss off the tip of one of my fingers. Others were not so fortunate, including the loss of partial or total digits and almost the loss of an entire hand--which miraculously healed in an amazingly short period of time, considering the damage.

The place was an OHSA nightmare, but we took it all in stride, some all the way to the operating room. Makes for good story now.

kBOY, just out of curiosity, did the sawmill pay for the doctor and hospital bills in the event of injury? After all, KB workers didn't have medical insurance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 07:04AM by Reepicheep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.