Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 26, 2020 03:02AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> I wonder if they will make posters out of this
> master plan? Then we can all buy them and hang
> them on the wall.

I never bought one of those. Did you get one?
BTW, I would have bought a poster of Rick's horse, assuming it didn't cost more that $40.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 26, 2020 03:28AM

Date: January 25, 2020 12:02PM

I never bought one of those. Did you get one?
BTW, I would have bought a poster of Rick's horse, assuming it didn't cost more that $40.

Yes changedagain, I bought the poster. Also a pair of those unfortunate purple cow tag earrings. ; )

Date: January 26, 2020 03:44AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Yes changedagain, I bought the poster. Also a pair
> of those unfortunate purple cow tag earrings. ; )

I'm assuming you stopped wearing them ;)

Date: January 26, 2020 04:18AM

eBay listing:
Anointed Purple Cow Tag Earrings
Item Condition: Like new (worn once)
Time Left: 180d 04h
Price: US $40.00

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 26, 2020 05:34PM

C H A N G E D

Anointed Purple Cow Tag Earrings

I was in a discussion today that reflected what those earrings represented; another ratcheting-up of the despotic regime that ruled our lives.

JRS never wielded the domineering control over the fellowship that G&M imposed in successive stages over the decades of their rule. The Cow Tag Earrings--the Old Testament analogy of an 'awl through the ear of the servant' (Deut 15:17)--were a symbolic upgrade (a downgrade to everyone else) in their efforts to solidify unquestioning obedience, thus allowing for the proliferation of more widespread abuses that followed, including psychological, sexual, and financial, etc.

I believe the arrival of these earrings was close to the time of the 'militarization' of YASP in the early 90's, and the ridiculous implementation of 'designated relationships' (God in the flesh?) that reeked so much havoc across the fellowship.

As it turns out, 'GOD is the sky' was still a better option.

Oh ya, and call 'no man Father'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2020 05:35PM by kBOY.

Date: January 27, 2020 12:22AM

Yes, kBoy. Making the transition from being someone's property to thinking freely is not an easy feat. One hurdle is just recognizing that your self-worth has nothing to with what you can provide a pampered narcissist. Also, not buckling and returning to bondage once you face the inevitable backlash that comes with making your own decisions, and reclaiming your life. Making mistakes that come from a place of freedom is desirable to playing it safe, and living miserably in a fear-based environment. More power to everyone who is in this process.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2020 12:38AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Mined ()
Date: January 27, 2020 01:18AM

Hello All!

I've been reading here for many many years - in fact, FactNet was part of my slow awakening that allowed me to escape TLWF around 10 years ago. :)

Just want to finally throw my hat into the ring here and be a voice as well as reader. I also want to thank so many of you who have been posting for so long. I know the pressure was on you, and has been on you at times from the self-proclaimed "leaders" and "protectors" of the organization, and I want you to know that your voices made a difference, and helped me find my way.

On current topics: I wonder if that mysterious APCO Travel Fund is being used these days to rally the "remnant"? I'm curious how many people are flying into LA to "reconnect" and have their loyalty stoked once again? This is merely speculation on my part.

Date: January 27, 2020 01:45AM

Welcome Mined!
Excellent post, ending with a pertinent question. No idea, but there definitely is an attempt to rally people...perhaps as a defense against all the so-called "lies" that have spread on social media.
p.s. I am experiencing yet another Sunday without being browbeaten by a "living word." I will never tire of this clarity :)

Date: January 27, 2020 03:06AM

BTW, approximately a year ago I predicted that there would be dwindling interest in what is written here...just because the discussion has gone on for so long (15 years), and seemingly every topic has been dealt with extensively. However, this past year people who had not previously posted came forward with their stories...and the core group of posters have continued contributing. Interest has actually escalated--significantly.

Stats:
755,000 page views on 1/18/2019
1,476,420 page views on 1/26/2020 (today)

Date: January 27, 2020 04:57AM

approximately a year ago I predicted that there would be dwindling interest in what is written here

Hey, I never claimed to be a prophet. O.K.--maybe once or twice...perhaps even three times--but that's it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.