Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 30, 2019 05:59AM

Reveal wrote:
Four, at the reception everyone was completely
shitfaced. I have not seen so many people wasted
at a church function before. I mean, in LA it's
kind of par for the course to see people drunk at
functions, but this was just over the top.

Yes--there was the normal church function drunkenness, and then there was the over the top (i.e. completely shitfaced) church function drunkenness.
I concur.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 30, 2019 09:31AM

BTW, the years I spent in South Gate (90-97) were marked by a very conservative (and refreshing attitude) toward alcohol consumption.
A former member, who was attending that church when I was, prompted me to clarify things with this question: "I don't remember drinking at South Gate. Do you?"
The valley church and TLW was another matter, of course--or at least I have been told. If this is an inaccurate depiction, weigh in.
p.s. I finally left the cult in '98.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2019 09:44AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 30, 2019 10:13AM

Changedagain, maybe the over the top drinking and bars in churches were hallmarks of "Kingdom Facilities". It was very strange. Especially for a church. Although thinking back, even in the early days, sometimes the pastors drank a lot. JRS too. But not the congregants. And the pastors at least had the common sense to hide their habits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2019 10:17AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 30, 2019 01:52PM

Lulu: Welcome to the forum. It's a good sign that new people are signing on. You have raised a lot of curiosity with your Beatles reference. Hmmm...

I believe and hope, that with new participants to this site, we will continue to see total and complete exposure of the truth.

Just two of what are probably many areas still hiding in the dark are the Trust finances and the direct sexual improprieties of Gary Hargrave and Marilyn Hargrave. Gary has stonewalled and tried to disappear except in his ascension to his purported worldwide ministry in Israel (barf). His stonewalling may be a success for him because of the silence about his direct personal wrongdoing.

I am still hopeful.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 30, 2019 06:17PM

C H A N G E D

The viewing stats you posted confirm that we usually slow down for car-crashes, but unfortunately for many, they were also involved in the accident.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 30, 2019 06:36PM

O N I O N

I concur with your assessment regarding 'sexual improprieties' of the Hargraves, which up to this point, has been unsubstantiated by any first-person accounts. The thought of 'sexual orgies' is a bit discordant when ones only exposure to the Hargraves were Sunday services.

I firmly believe all these excesses, be they drinking, drugs, sex, etc., were attempts to gain distance from the legalism of former days. Unfortunately, SPIRITUALITY took a backseat to liberality, and most were not served well, if at all.

Date: December 30, 2019 11:59PM

Onion wrote:
Lulu: Welcome to the forum. It's a good sign that new people are signing on. You have raised a lot of curiosity with your Beatles reference. Hmmm...
I believe and hope, that with new participants to this site, we will continue to see total and complete exposure of the truth.

Here is a partial list of new partipants that joined this past year and the date of their first comment. Feel free to add anyone I've neglected to mention:

Chachakitty: 1/19

Typer: 3/9

Imapurple: 5/27

4generation: 10/21

Northerngate: 11/26

PowerTrip: 12/24

Lulukachoo: 12/28

Good People!

note: I've gotten word that two more (anonymous) people might join at the beginning of the new year, and frankly, I hope they don't. For whatever reason, I don't get a good vibe about them posting here ('CarCrash' and 'SexualOrgy').

Date: December 31, 2019 05:04AM

I just posted this on FaceBook but wanted to post it here as well:

I have posted over the previous year information about the exposure of the church group I was involved in for 40+ years. New people continue to come forward with new stories and details of horrors committed by the leadership of The Living Word Fellowship of churches. And yet I know there are still huge areas of darkness where people are either afraid to come forward or are hiding themselves or because they continue to support the leaders/perpetrators.

At the same time we have seen the highest level of mass killings based on race and religion in the U.S. in 2019. Here is an excerpt of a book I am reading. Without comparing the degree of crime or horror and certainly without minimizing the holocaust that is the subject of this book, in your mind substitute the words "Third Reich" and "genocide" for the horrors being described by victims of serial murder based on race/religion and serial sexual assault perpetrated in the church I belonged to (TLWF).

Accepting the truth is part of putting a stop to it.

The Holocaust by Bullets – Father Patrick Desbois
Quoting pages 61-62 from Ch. VIII Accepting The Truth

In my experience, the most difficult part of discovering and gaining personal knowledge of genocide is accepting the truth about what happened. To know all the details while at the same time being able to continue to live a full life, without forgetting or hiding what one knows about the past.

It is no longer a question of getting stuck with certain impressions, of feeling sick, or worse, of remaining immobilized with terror. Terror is part of the strategy of those who commit genocide. Like predators, the create ways of petrifying their victims before killing them. When the Jewish victims got off the trains onto the Judenrampe, between Auschwitz and Birkenau, they were terrified. When the family of a kolkhoze Jew was suddenly taken to the edge of an irrigation well 70 meters deep to be thrown into it, they were paralyzed with fear. Terror can be generated by the sole mention of genocide, by the reading of a book on the subject, or at seeing archival images of it, or on visiting a former concentration camp.

If, sixty years later, we allow ourselves to be terrified as well, though, we are allowing the people of the Third Reich, who perpetrated genocide, an additional victory. Terror can immobilize thought and awareness, and hinder the ability to remain responsible, confrontational, and strong in front of the perpetrators of genocide.

The perpetrators are like serial killers, only they operate on a much larger scale, at a national or continental level. They certainly are not terrified, and they know that most people cannot and do not want to think of the possibility of an act of genocide. Ordinary people want to sleep, and the simple thought of genocide can prevent an ordinary person from sleeping. The perpetrators of genocide bank on this to set up mechanisms for mass killing in all tranquility: No one will be able to conceive, hence accept and want to believe, the truth.

Date: December 31, 2019 05:30AM

And on I go...further on in the chapter I just quoted from Father DesBois, he says (with my editing in all caps):

I am convinced that when genocide (SEXUAL ABUSE) is taking place, many people can sleep easily at night – if they are sure they will not be killed (RAPED, USED, ASSAULTED OR OSTRACIZED).

The perpetrators … know each other and gain strength from one another.

Accepting awareness of what happened – … -- is to help new generations become resistant to genocide mechanisms which could be set in motion, again, anywhere in the world.
---------------
I took the liberty of changing Father DesBois' words to reflect what we know about TLWF. Add the words I wrote above to the fact some congregants and supporters of Gary Hargrave refuse to believe and still others refuse to speak out about the wrongdoings sexually and financially. BUT - they are not only secure in their safety from physical harm, they continue to benefit financially and through their egos even now. HEINOUS.
----------------

In my experience, the most difficult part of discovering and gaining personal knowledge of SERIAL SEXUAL ABUSE is accepting the truth about what happened. To know all the details while at the same time being able to continue to live a full life, without forgetting or hiding what one knows about the past.
It is no longer a question of getting stuck with certain impressions, of feeling sick, or worse, of remaining immobilized with terror.

Terror is part of the strategy of those who commit SERIAL SEXUAL ABUSE. Like predators, the create ways of petrifying their victims before RAPING/USING them.

Terror can be generated by the sole mention of SERIAL SEXUAL ABUSE, by the reading of a book on the subject, or at seeing archival images of it, or on visiting a former TLWF CHURCH. If, (---) years later, we allow ourselves to be terrified as well, though, we are allowing the people of the TLWF LEADERSHIP who perpetrated SERIAL SEXUAL ABUSE, an additional victory. Terror can immobilize thought and awareness, and hinder the ability to remain responsible, confrontational, and strong in front of the perpetrators of SERIAL SEXUAL ABUSE.

The perpetrators are like serial killers, only they operate on a much larger scale, at a national or continental level. They certainly are not terrified, and they know that most people cannot and do not want to think of the possibility of an act of SERIAL SEXUAL ABUSE. Ordinary people want to sleep, and the simple thought of SERIAL SEXUAL ABUSE can prevent an ordinary person from sleeping. The perpetrators of SERIAL SEXUAL ABUSE bank on this to set up mechanisms for ABUSES in all tranquility: No one will be able to conceive, hence accept and want to believe, the truth.

Date: December 31, 2019 01:43PM

Please - No one take what I posted earlier as an attack on victims who have not spoken out. I am critical of the people who refuse to be aware of what has been exposed and those who are VERY aware but continue to follow Gary and provide support for him and his "ascension" to his worldwide ministry bullsh-t.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.