Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 27, 2019 10:08PM

PowerTrip. Thank you for your posts. Welcome to the forum. Your testimony is very much valued here.

About two years ago, someone suggested to me that Silas had been abusing young women in the congregations. I remember that I had difficulty believing it. Silas has always been sold to us as such a good guy. An apostle of love and kindness.

But your testimony changes that for me. The veil has been lifted and the true Silas has been revealed. Here is a man who uses his spiritual authority and power to seduce women and children. And the odds are he is still doing it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 4generation ()
Date: December 28, 2019 12:28AM

Welcome Powertrip, so good to see annother brazilian posting here.

Unfortunately what you shared with us is not a surprise to me and only shows how deceived we have been for decades in this church.

For me who was born into this cult and spent years serving these "men of God," cleaning their homes, serving food, and supporting them and their bs, it is devastating to know the truth only now.

The worst for me is seeing that there are people still supporting these leaders, as spiritual leaders and literally denying all the evidences and accusations made. To me this is the proof that religion makes people ignorant and unreasonable, because it makes no sense to continue to preach a doctrine of forgiveness that only favors abusive leaders and forgets the victims and those whose lives were destroyed by them.

I'm ready to forgive, that's not the point. But at least tell me what I'm forgiving you for. Because so far you haven't talked about what you regret.

Silas, should I forgive you for the moral, sexual and emotional abuse committed? Or the authoritarianism and control of people's lives through lies, deception and manipulation?

And you Gary, in your letter you said that you regret because you did not hear the voice of the Holy Spirit. But in what you did not hear HIm? In the covering up the crimes committed by the leadership you have established? Or getting involved with Marylin sexually with John's death? Or in creating a system and a doctrine that idolizes man instead of God?

Leaving everything in the field of subjectivity makes us continue to play that game "truth or consequences". The problem is that so far the truth has not been spoken and we have only lived with the consequences of everything that has happened.

My goal here is not to judge or to see them under the bars because of the crimes committed, thats not my role, there is a legal system for that, but my hope is to at least see some maturity and some balls from you to rise up like freaking mans and tell us the damn truth. And please dont give me that "bitterness" bullshit talk, we've heard you for decades and now you want to hide?

I know both of you check this forum everyday, so what do you think about send a public statement telling what happened? Lets take this to the social media instead of hiding from it? Silas can use one of his podcasts to talk about it and explain it to us, to his political friends or his catholics bishops. Or Gary can do it right from Jerusalem with his rabbis.

We all want to move on with our lives and forgive and do everything we need to do to continue in our peronal walk with God. But as the Bible said: "the truth will set you free".. here we are waiting for the truth, for the change, to be heard and to stop pretending that these sins, abuses and actions are "normal" and thats okay to live that way. No more, never again, and regarding the abuses and the lies, there is no way to ever forget!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 28, 2019 01:11AM

perfect

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 28, 2019 03:32AM

4Generation - I would like to see your post presented in a more public forum. I would like to see it in Gary's hands. You presented the position of their cover-up and lies so well and eloquently stated the position of "us" the survivors who have been accused of being bitter and who have been battered with the hammer of "forgiveness" since the exposure began.

I would like to add: Gary was not just the power that hid and approved of the sexual and emotional abusers. He participated in rampant abuses in the church of both the sexual and emotional/psychological kind. I've heard stories from many people that I cannot repeat here because they are not my story. Victims of both Gary & Marilyn have stories to tell but the fear is still alive in those victims and they are prevented from speaking out by that fear.

With the exposure of Silas perceiving that he could do his wrongs with impunity because he had Rick as an example, we can only suggest that many others followed Rick's example. Scott participated with Rick in some of his abuses. Who else? How many victims are there? I hope all victims find healing whether or not they ever speak out.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 28, 2019 03:34AM

Posted by: 4generation
Date: December 27, 2019 09:28AM

Welcome Powertrip, so good to see annother brazilian posting here.

Unfortunately what you shared with us is not a surprise to me and only shows how deceived we have been for decades in this church.

For me who was born into this cult and spent years serving these "men of God," cleaning their homes, serving food, and supporting them and their bs, it is devastating to know the truth only now.

The worst for me is seeing that there are people still supporting these leaders, as spiritual leaders and literally denying all the evidences and accusations made. To me this is the proof that religion makes people ignorant and unreasonable, because it makes no sense to continue to preach a doctrine of forgiveness that only favors abusive leaders and forgets the victims and those whose lives were destroyed by them.

I'm ready to forgive, that's not the point. But at least tell me what I'm forgiving you for. Because so far you haven't talked about what you regret.

Silas, should I forgive you for the moral, sexual and emotional abuse committed? Or the authoritarianism and control of people's lives through lies, deception and manipulation?

And you Gary, in your letter you said that you regret because you did not hear the voice of the Holy Spirit. But in what you did not hear HIm? In the covering up the crimes committed by the leadership you have established? Or getting involved with Marylin sexually with John's death? Or in creating a system and a doctrine that idolizes man instead of God?

Leaving everything in the field of subjectivity makes us continue to play that game "truth or consequences". The problem is that so far the truth has not been spoken and we have only lived with the consequences of everything that has happened.

My goal here is not to judge or to see them under the bars because of the crimes committed, thats not my role, there is a legal system for that, but my hope is to at least see some maturity and some balls from you to rise up like freaking mans and tell us the damn truth. And please dont give me that "bitterness" bullshit talk, we've heard you for decades and now you want to hide?

I know both of you check this forum everyday, so what do you think about send a public statement telling what happened? Lets take this to the social media instead of hiding from it? Silas can use one of his podcasts to talk about it and explain it to us, to his political friends or his catholics bishops. Or Gary can do it right from Jerusalem with his rabbis.

We all want to move on with our lives and forgive and do everything we need to do to continue in our peronal walk with God. But as the Bible said: "the truth will set you free".. here we are waiting for the truth, for the change, to be heard and to stop pretending that these sins, abuses and actions are "normal" and thats okay to live that way. No more, never again, and regarding the abuses and the lies, there is no way to ever forget!

Thank you for speaking up as well, 4generation, Everyone needs to hear this information. Silas was represented as some angelic love ministry who could do no wrong. I'm sure that you know what happened to people who complained. It is indeed a new day...for survivors, anyway.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: December 28, 2019 10:50AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

> Posted by: 4generation
> Date: December 27, 2019 09:28AM
>
> Welcome Powertrip, so good to see annother
> brazilian posting here.
>
> Unfortunately what you shared with us is not a
> surprise to me and only shows how deceived we have
> been for decades in this church.
>
> For me who was born into this cult and spent years
> serving these "men of God," cleaning their homes,
> serving food, and supporting them and their bs, it
> is devastating to know the truth only now.
>
> The worst for me is seeing that there are people
> still supporting these leaders, as spiritual
> leaders and literally denying all the evidences
> and accusations made. To me this is the proof that
> religion makes people ignorant and unreasonable,
> because it makes no sense to continue to preach a
> doctrine of forgiveness that only favors abusive
> leaders and forgets the victims and those whose
> lives were destroyed by them.
>
> I'm ready to forgive, that's not the point. But at
> least tell me what I'm forgiving you for. Because
> so far you haven't talked about what you regret.
>
> Silas, should I forgive you for the moral, sexual
> and emotional abuse committed? Or the
> authoritarianism and control of people's lives
> through lies, deception and manipulation?
>
> And you Gary, in your letter you said that you
> regret because you did not hear the voice of the
> Holy Spirit. But in what you did not hear HIm? In
> the covering up the crimes committed by the
> leadership you have established? Or getting
> involved with Marylin sexually with John's death?
> Or in creating a system and a doctrine that
> idolizes man instead of God?
>
> Leaving everything in the field of subjectivity
> makes us continue to play that game "truth or
> consequences". The problem is that so far the
> truth has not been spoken and we have only lived
> with the consequences of everything that has
> happened.
>
> My goal here is not to judge or to see them under
> the bars because of the crimes committed, thats
> not my role, there is a legal system for that, but
> my hope is to at least see some maturity and some
> balls from you to rise up like freaking mans and
> tell us the damn truth. And please dont give me
> that "bitterness" bullshit talk, we've heard you
> for decades and now you want to hide?
>
> I know both of you check this forum everyday, so
> what do you think about send a public statement
> telling what happened? Lets take this to the
> social media instead of hiding from it? Silas can
> use one of his podcasts to talk about it and
> explain it to us, to his political friends or his
> catholics bishops. Or Gary can do it right from
> Jerusalem with his rabbis.
>
> We all want to move on with our lives and forgive
> and do everything we need to do to continue in our
> peronal walk with God. But as the Bible said: "the
> truth will set you free".. here we are waiting for
> the truth, for the change, to be heard and to stop
> pretending that these sins, abuses and actions are
> "normal" and thats okay to live that way. No more,
> never again, and regarding the abuses and the
> lies, there is no way to ever forget!
>
>
> Thank you for speaking up as well, 4generation,
> Everyone needs to hear this information. Silas was
> represented as some angelic love ministry who
> could do no wrong. I'm sure that you know what
> happened to people who complained. It is indeed a
> new day...for survivors, anyway.

Yes, thank you. And I agree with Onion. It is my hope that this all becomes very public. [www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2019 10:51AM by Cloudwatcher.

Date: December 28, 2019 12:49PM

I posted an error. Rick was born in 1959. He turned 60 in 2019.

Little Lord Fauntleroy.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 28, 2019 01:42PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

I posted an error. Rick was born in 1959. He turned 60 in 2019.

Little Lord Fauntleroy.

******************?*******************

Yes. Somehow the third generation seemed to be all about him, though. Even though he was born in the 1950s. Do you think that generation was invented just for him? Strange...

Date: December 28, 2019 05:30PM

Reep - Yes I believe the 3rd generation concept grew out of his and his mother's desire for Rick to rule. Anyone associated with Rick and with 3rd generation sure had a lot of power for a while.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 29, 2019 12:15AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Somehow the third generation seemed to be all
> about him, though. Even though he was born in the
> 1950s. Do you think that generation was invented
> just for him?

Isn't Rick fourth of fifth generation by now? :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.