> if all the battle-cries for intercession,
> especially in the JRS era, had nothing to do with
> 'spiritual warfare' and everything to do with the
> alcohol-laced deep guilt and depression over all
> the indiscretions (both sexual and financial) that
> had been building up over the decades, along with
> the growth of the con this whole charade had
> developed into by the time the 70s rolled around
> and many of us signed up on the dotted line.

YES!!! imo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 20, 2019 05:16PM

N A N C Y b

A pretty damning assessment of an organization that portrayed itself as the 'gift of GOD' to the earth--ah . . . universe?

I guess I personally 'missed the bullet' with regards to ever being targeted (blessed?) by either JRS or Hargrave & Co. I am still in shock at the legacy these folks have left behind all in the name of GOD, the ONE who continues to accumulate a lot of bad press.

Just yesterday, I was reflecting on the hubris of MH to declare herself the 'Lamp of Israel' (and I apologize for having previously used 'Tramp of Israel'--name-calling is not my style) when there was little to no evidence that she spoke for GOD at all. It wasn't her voice we all heard on cassettes or CDs for decades, except when she would occasionally ramble at some service. And this con was perpetuated all the way to her last breath.

On the subject of 'trusting your gut' you could not be more right. I have pointed out numerous times that training us to 'distrust our gut' was one of the biggest disservices done to us all, regardless of whether or not we might have been additionally 'blessed' with their particular form of abuse.

We have all come equipped with a place within us that resonates with TRUTH, and we not only were directed to ignore it, but this also threw our LOVE-BS meter out of kilter. While our guts were trying to get our attention, our brains were being washed to distract us.

Our gut-feelings are powerful indicators that reveal directions or decisions that are in our own best interests, even though they may not find favor with others trying to direct us down a different road. We all walk a unique path that no other will step foot on, so what may be a direction that takes someone else through a valley may feel more like scaling a mountain to us. To each his own until we all meet up again at the celebration planned for our return.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 21, 2019 02:38AM

kBOY Wrote:

> Just yesterday, I was reflecting on the hubris of
> MH to declare herself the 'Lamp of
> Israel'
(and I apologize for having previously
> used 'Tramp of Israel'--name-calling is not
> my style) when there was little to no evidence
> that she spoke for GOD at all. It wasn't her
> voice we all heard on cassettes or CDs for
> decades, except when she would occasionally ramble
> at some service.

ramblin' ministry :)

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 21, 2019 09:52PM

Looking around these forums is sad. A reality test of groups like those represented here could best be summed up with something I said during the last few years before leaving TLWF. People are not God. It was not well-received.

And the corollary: If a person tells you to treat them like God, they do not have your best interests at heart. It sounds simple enough when you have not had your mind manipulated by narcissistic leaders since childhood.

Thankfully, this forum and others like it are freely available on the internet to those brave enough to read and engage in some reasoned, objective analysis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2019 09:53PM by Reepicheep.

Date: December 21, 2019 10:18PM

'Call no wo/man Father/Mother.' (NEW DAY translation)

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: December 22, 2019 12:48AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking around these forums is sad. A reality test
> of groups like those represented here could best
> be summed up with something I said during the last
> few years before leaving TLWF. People are not
> God.
It was not well-received.
>
> And the corollary: If a person tells you to
> treat them like God, they do not have your best
> interests at heart.
It sounds simple enough
> when you have not had your mind manipulated by
> narcissistic leaders since childhood.
>
> Thankfully, this forum and others like it are
> freely available on the internet to those brave
> enough to read and engage in some reasoned,
> objective analysis.

It is really sad. If you look at people still clinging to G-man, it is clear. He is a pathetic little man who cares nothing about any of them. But he will make them think he does when he couldn't give any of them the time of day before October 25, 2018. Otherwise intelligent people whose minds are not their own even after evidence that should have been convincing. It is devastating that this can happen and did happen. Just so incredibly sad that our lives were offered up to such horrible, not even human, bloodsuckers.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 22, 2019 01:33AM

True, Cloudwatcher. It is sad.

'You’ll Worry Less About What People Think of You When You Realize How Seldom They Do'

This adage certainly applies to Hargrave. Even when feigning concern and backing a gesture of goodwill--such as the authorized 'Thinking of You' pre-printed birthday cards sent out years ago--it is but a hollow effort. If he is reaching out to people now, it's most likely to support his need to counter the flood of truthful allegations that have surfaced online by ex-members of the church. It's important that he have backers that can validate his "ministry." Unfortunately, there are probably those who still desperately seek his approval and will unwittingly allow themselves to be used again to promote his interests.

Date: December 22, 2019 04:19AM

C H A N G E D

"Unfortunately, there are probably those who still desperately seek his approval and will unwittingly allow themselves to be used again to promote his interests."

They will never see it that way--unless they finally have an epiphany. Then they can pick up whatever life they have left, if it hasn't already been taken from them.

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: December 22, 2019 09:44AM

You know something... I just really love people. I hope your Christmas is comforting and safe. I want you to know I really think about all of you that have been so inviting to me. Thank you. I wish with all my heart that we will all find peace, hope and healing. I hope you understand the depth of my care.
Melissa Saulnier - Northern Gate

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 22, 2019 10:55AM

Northerngate...Melissa, Your good wishes are very much appreciated. I also wish peace and healing for you and for all of us.

And for people reading who are confused or don't know what to think, I wish you a miraculous epiphany. There really is more to life than serfdom to a religious feudal lord.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.