>
> Technology has forever changed the ability of
> sociopathic leaders to effectively conceal or
> withhold information, and many people have
> ultimately left cults as a direct result of this
> reality.
>
>
Gosh Northern, this is so true! We have the internet to thank for making information available to us in an easy and private way. I know that TLW members were told to not read the Rick Ross forum. But it’s so easy to be rebellious when the information is so available. Vive la liberté !!!

And then there is social media. This provided a perfect environment for Shalom’s testimony. If the “casette was invented for John’s word”, then the internet was invented for its undoing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 04, 2019 12:08AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There was someone else who posted here for awhile
> who basically grew up in a family cult. His
> parents left The Walk before JRS died and used all
> they had learned to run a private cult with their
> children. The kids were under extreme control.
> Does anyone remember his screen name?

Posted by: Tknc ()
Date: June 10, 2019 01:04PM

I was told my whole life because JRS laid hands on me when I was born, that the Spirit was imparted to me and that I too was a prophet. I don't remember meeting him, but I know his voice well from the tapes I heard all my life. My parents left right before he died, they told me they had to pretend to be crazy in order to extract themselves. They did not believe it was a cult until Marilyn "twisted" his mind. They compartmentalized the cult-like aspects of the church and instead of leaving his teaching behind(the core of the cult) They started their own private chapter, an isolated church that was only comprised of my family. My Father was the new JRS and my mom the matriarch.

So yeah, even outside the church, even after he died, My parents kept it alive, continuing the torment.

Date: December 04, 2019 12:13AM

The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Altar_Kent ()
Date: February 23, 2004 12:18AM

Is anyone familiar with this movement? It is based in Kalona Iowa at a camp/compound called Shiloh. It was founded by John Robert Stevens and first called the walk. Stevens came out of the Latter Rain movement, built quite a congregation, and then died in 1983. The Living word Fellowship is currently being run by Gary and Marilyn Hargrave.

Hi Altar,
Sorry for taking so long getting back to you. Yeah, it does sound familiar. In fact, I may have been in this movement for awhile. My memory is a bit foggy now, but if I recall anything specific I'll definitely share it with you.
Hope all is well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 12:13AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 04, 2019 12:18AM

Posted by: Tknc ()
Date: June 10, 2019 01:04PM

I was told my whole life because JRS laid hands on me when I was born, that the Spirit was imparted to me and that I too was a prophet. I don't remember meeting him, but I know his voice well from the tapes I heard all my life. My parents left right before he died, they told me they had to pretend to be crazy in order to extract themselves. They did not believe it was a cult until Marilyn "twisted" his mind. They compartmentalized the cult-like aspects of the church and instead of leaving his teaching behind(the core of the cult) They started their own private chapter, an isolated church that was only comprised of my family. My Father was the new JRS and my mom the matriarch.

So yeah, even outside the church, even after he died, My parents kept it alive, continuing the torment.

Thanks, changed, for re-posting. That story was so sad. I hope that Tknc is doing well.

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: December 04, 2019 12:19AM

It is the weirdest feeling to become awake at age 50 or so and realize your upbringing is so wrong...so incredibly wrong! And you discover that the reason your relationships are so messed up is because the ideas you were taught separated you from healthy interaction. It’s so terrible to discover how incredibly selfish and narcissistic your family or church leader really is. It’s a huge kick to the gut that leaves you in an emotional ICU. And who is there to help? No one because you don’t know how to have healthy relationships. So your lay emotionally spent until one day you lift your head and have just enough energy to walk out of ICU. It isn’t pretty. People don’t understand. Communicating is difficult. But there you are...you’re in control. And slowly you begin to realize you have much better plans and ideas for your life than anyone else ever could. A tiny spark of happiness begins to grow. Freedom feels good.

Date: December 04, 2019 12:26AM

Tknc and Reepicheep,
I’m so sorry for the pain and I relate to some extent. I too hope Tknc is okay!

Date: December 04, 2019 12:30AM

I forgive you for not showing up to the special service I called last week. No one else did, but that doesn't make your behavior excusable. BTW, I would have been there, if I wasn't busy leading VIP meetings in Jerusalem.

Date: December 04, 2019 12:34AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Northerngate Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> ...
> >
> > Technology has forever changed the ability of
> > sociopathic leaders to effectively conceal or
> > withhold information, and many people have
> > ultimately left cults as a direct result of
> this
> > reality.
> >
> >
> Gosh Northern, this is so true! We have the
> internet to thank for making information available
> to us in an easy and private way. I know that TLW
> members were told to not read the Rick Ross forum.
> But it’s so easy to be rebellious when the
> information is so available. Vive la liberté !!!
>
> And then there is social media. This provided a
> perfect environment for Shalom’s testimony. If
> the “casette was invented for John’s word”, then
> the internet was invented for its undoing.

Hi Puddington!!
I am beginning to really enjoy freedom and life. They say knowledge is power. No wonder sociopaths try to keep information from their victims!!

Date: December 04, 2019 12:39AM

Reepicheep and Tknc
Just a thought...I am very careful these days about who gets to lay hands on me. There is something to be said about negative energy passing from one person to another.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 04, 2019 01:21AM

Date: December 03, 2019 09:39AM

Reepicheep and Tknc
Just a thought...I am very careful these days about who gets to lay hands on me. There is something to be said about negative energy passing from one person to another.

I hear you on that one, Northerngate. I'm careful about who lays hands on me too. Actually, that would be NOBODY! Too many triggers. I try not to even lay hands on my own head, but have to fix my hair sometimes. Lol! ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 01:23AM by Reepicheep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.