Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 02, 2019 11:25AM

Too bad members of the fellowship did not get a chance to stand on the balcony and wave to the peasants. I'm not advocating that it be preserved as an attraction, though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 02, 2019 12:10PM

I don't remember JRS's apartment having a balcony. Was one added later for G&M for just that purpose, to wave at the throngs without having to get dirty rubbing elbows?

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 02, 2019 01:01PM

Onion, or maybe that apartment wasn't fabulous enough and they had to build a new one with a balcony. ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 01:10PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 02, 2019 02:13PM

Well, definitely the apt JRS had wouldn't have been fabulous enough for G&M. And I just confirmed with a former Shiloh-ite that the balcony was built when remodel work was done for G&M. My other question was - an elevator? They installed an elevator for one floor of stairs? Wonder how much that cost. Rick wasn't the only one who threw money away on follies of his own design.

Or maybe it was just an elevator shaft? Didn't sound like it.

I would still love to know how much Rick's amphitheater cost. And now? Sick.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 02, 2019 02:37PM

Well, the balcony was rather dilapidated. Not in great shape anymore. I wonder if it got much use. I was really blown away by the fact that one door led to a bedroom, another led to a bathroom, another led to a different bedroom, and another (which looked just like the other doors) opened up into some over-the-sanctuary attic-type space with a walkway down the center that led to a set of stairs and a door out into the building. Strange, strange, strange. Why the need for an alternate exit?

Also - the elevator in question had been installed in the '90s. It was available for everyone to use and went from basement to third floor. I just never knew the door right in front of it up on the third floor was an access directly to G and M's sanctum!

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 02, 2019 02:41PM

Also, as of 12:39 local time, G and M's apt is the second highest priced item in the whole auction, behind only the baby grand piano. It's also got a gold star indicating that it's very popular with over 70 bids.

I can see why, though. Despite the fact that there is no furniture to speak of for sale in that lot, its kitchen is by FAR the best of any of the kitchens in the building. Imagine someone having G&M's dishwasher. That would degrease AND anoint dishes, right?

[backes-auction.proxibid.com]

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 02, 2019 05:41PM

All of these revelations are rather stunning--in the worst way possible. Glimpses from NANCY B and REEP of the early days, coupled with the more recent revelations from IMaPURPLE and ONION, paint a picture of people we would never have chosen to include in our FRIENDS group.

The only thing they had going was a sales-pitch that tickled our ears enough to deflect our attention away from just how corrupt they had become, all the way to their death-bed.

Smoke & mirrors.

Date: December 02, 2019 10:35PM

Onion and JJJ, yes, my memories are blurring together. There was no balcony during the seventies and the elevator was from the nineties. As for the alternate entrance/exit, it was probably there so that G&M could enter and exit without rubbing shoulders with or feeling obligated to speak with the peons who paid for everything and did the work. They behaved very much as royalty. No dish room experience, rosebush duty, bathroom or laundry shifts for them. Their only purpose was to keep everyone desperate for a crumb of attention while beating them up with "the Word". (And raking in and spending the dough.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 10:36PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 02, 2019 10:53PM

From the vantage point of the 'unwashed masses', getting a 'glance', let alone an audience with TRAMP & CO, was basically out of the question.

From everything we have heard so far, we were better off in the trenches with much better people.

Date: December 02, 2019 11:31PM

kBOY, right you are. The only reason anyone got more than a glance was if an individual had something that G&M needed or wanted. Otherwise, it was Potatoville for you, as Onion has indicated on several occassions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.