Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 02, 2019 04:37AM

Every post brings more clarity into just how poisonous TLWF and its leaders have been and still are. I hope and pray that all the victims come out into true freedom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 02, 2019 06:28AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Every post brings more clarity into just how
poisonous TLWF and its leaders have been and still
are.
I hope and pray that all the victims come out
into true freedom

True

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: October 24, 2018 11:23AM

It doesn't matter to any of TLWF who did what because Gary represents God. He can say what he wants when he wants--do what he wants when he wants with impunity. He has layers protecting him--because you do not question God--ever.
It is doubtful that anyone left will escape that place now. Gary has it covered. I once had a phone conversation with RR Moderator. He told me that TLWF was the worst case scenario and that the odds of getting out were slim. It was a tough pill to swallow with family on the inside, but now I see how true that statement is --they will not use their God-given mind and reason or anything that is rational to decide on these matters. It is sad sad sad. Some of the most intelligent, capable and beautiful people --- captured in a moment long ago--that was it.

The testimony here of those who spent many years in this cult, and have written about their experiences, has proven (at least to me) that the moderator was more correct in his assessment of TLWF than I was originally willing to accept.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: December 02, 2019 07:20AM

Reepicheep Wrote: December 02, 2019 04:37AM
-------------------------------------------------------
> Every post brings more clarity into just how
> poisonous TLWF and its leaders have been and still
> are. I hope and pray that all the victims come out
> into true freedom.

So true Reepicheep, clarity.

I have to say for that myself it has been hard to typ-o the things I had wanted to say for 35 years. What I had to say foundation-ally seemed to crazy - yet, it was the truth. Comparing old notes has been 'cathartic".

Telling our experiences on this forum, everyone, was a risk given the pattern of abuse we were under. I know one thing for sure- I was blessed to have been shunned in '83 and put through hell for speaking up on things I knew were wrong. Reading about the Hargrave horror stories makes me want to puke and bawl my eyes out. I'm so sorry so many suffered under that toxic leadership.

When I jumped in I did not care if all you forum members thought I was a demonic Jez or not. I know I am a responsible adult with PTSD from the cult and I will tell it like I saw it the best I could. I am grateful the rest of you have as well. Blurting out the truth in little spurts has not been a cake walk on the Xmas truck ( YUCK! What a terrible word picture!)

I just did not want to be an insensitive jerk. But, the results have been so worth it, in my mind. I hope my fellow survivors are on their way to new found freedom.- I hope that forum can help support new survivors to clarity as well.

Reep, my friend, I appreciate your honesty in this exposure. You are so brave to stick with it. HUGS!

Posted by: typer ()
Date: December 02, 2019 07:27AM

Nancy B ... so thankful for you and your help and so many other courageous ones on this site.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 02, 2019 07:47AM

The building at Shiloh was open today for people who wanted to come and see the lots that are up for auction. It was surreal.

To see the kibble of the Fellowship and all of the SOPs of the past laid out on display was surreal. Practically all of the rooms were open and people of all sorts (former members, contractors looking for a deal on construction items, curious community members, etc.) were wandering through. It was also cold and the electrical system was having issues, resulting in flickering lights and lots of dark corners. I marveled still at how well cared for everything was, and remember back to times when I had the "privilege" of cleaning and preparing third-floor dorm rooms before summer camp, participating in clean-up days, all the time spent serving in various departments on Saturday mornings. There were some faithful, faithful congregants, that's for sure.

I must admit, I took the opportunity to poke around in places I'd never been in before, including Gary and Marily's apartment (and its strange back-door walkway to the elevator and an exit) and all of the offices downstairs, especially the central files cavern behind a vault door behind a closet door in the back of an otherwise inconspicuous room. FYI - it was totally empty today except for all of the rows upon rows of shelves. Would have been super interesting to see what those shelves held a year or two ago.

Empty safes. Empty three-ring binders. Empty tape drawers. Empty shelves. Empty rooms. Empty promises. Empty prophecies. And very soon, an empty behemoth of a building. I took a few pics (mostly of the outside) to remember it how it was, but I'm sure I will delete them soon. I'm not sure it's something I want to recall.

Date: December 02, 2019 08:04AM

NancyB, changedagain, puddington, Onion, typer, Cloudwatcher, Larry Bobo, kBOY, Imapurple, Chachakitty, and so many other contributers to this forum, thank you for speaking up. Thank you for speaking the truth about the harm that TLWF caused. Even if there are still people who are too damaged to get out, it doesn't change the truth. Maybe one day they will reach their limit, and we will be here to help them when they do.

I'm not sure what the combination of factors is that makes TLWF one of the most difficult groups to leave. It undoubtedly has something to do with the God-like status of John Robert Stevens. For those still clinging to his "apostolic word" and comparing him to King David as "a man after God's own heart" even though he was human and committed many grievous sins, I have this advice: Find someone who was part of JRS' natural family. Listen to them. There is a lot that went on behind the scenes that you are not aware of. Why did he ostracize his blood family? Why did he choose others who had not been with him since the beginning and leave his children, wife, sisters, father, long-time friends and so many others? A word to the wise: A special seat at the TLWF table comes at great cost and can be revoked at any time.

Date: December 02, 2019 09:44AM

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus
Date: December 01, 2019 04:47PM

I must admit, I took the opportunity to poke around in places I'd never been in before, including Gary and Marily's apartment (and its strange back-door walkway to the elevator and an exit) and all of the offices downstairs, especially the central files cavern behind a vault door behind a closet door in the back of an otherwise inconspicuous room. FYI - it was totally empty today except for all of the rows upon rows of shelves. Would have been super interesting to see what those shelves held a year or two ago.

That does sound very surreal. Thank you for sharing, JJJ. And just think, before that area was Gary and Marilyn's apartment, it was John and Marilyn's apartment, if it's the same place I'm thinking of.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 02, 2019 09:57AM

Reepicheep - What you said about JRS's blood family is so true. They knew. They experienced the change in him.

I was just wondering today -- when JRS had the meeting with the Lord after he had been kicked out of both the 4-Square and Assemblies and I think it was just before he started South Gate, and the Lord was going to kill him for his withdrawal. Was his withdrawal tied into his womanizing? Was he withdrawing from who God wanted him to be by his womanizing?

It has been said that his removal from those prior churches was related to issues about womanizing. I don't think we will ever know, but for all of us who can see the monstrous destruction of the walk churches, especially after they were bent so much further by G&M, I wonder if it was already too late for JRS' to restore and grow in his ministry. Maybe he would have grown and changed and repented. If he had just stayed away from who was really Jezebel in her reign, Marilyn.

We will never know. But you know how I like to ponder...

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 02, 2019 10:37AM

Reep - I was assuming the same. The balcony in the apartment made me envision him standing out there waving to people below. (There might have been some comments made by my companions at this point about peasants...) I'm assuming he must have done so, though, right?

Date: December 02, 2019 11:08AM

JJJ, that sounds right, but it's been about forty years since I was in there. Lol. Anyone else know? I definitely remember the elevator. Yes, peasants...that sounds correct too. Was it a balcony sort of like the one at the Vatican?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 11:27AM by Reepicheep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.