Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: November 27, 2019 07:15AM

Two more things I wanted to share before getting back to work.
1. I grew up in an independent Baptist church. My father displayed certain cult leader behaviors, mostly in our home. He was cruel and then loving, cruel and loving. It was growing up in this atmosphere and watching the Bible manipulated for my dads benefit, that helped me see what was happening at the GP church, Charley etc. I watch for patterns in people, workplace authorities and mostly in churches and it’s taken a very long time to learn how to steer clear of the drama. First, I had to become healthy. I am sixty. I hope it doesn’t take this long for others. This is a wonderful and helpful site.
2. I am writing a fiction novel in the hopes that I can expose some of the behaviors many churches display.
Okay...back to work! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I’ll watch and respond over the weekend.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 27, 2019 07:21AM

Northerngate, I think it's so interesting that your background prepared you to be aware of cultish and controlling behaviors. It sounds like some leaders tried the love-bombing technique with you. Good for you for blowing them off. I wish we had all known enough to do that. Here's to all of us getting healthy.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 27, 2019 07:46AM

I scheduled a special service for tonight, and I expect everyone (including northerngate) to be there. Cancel whatever worldly plans you might have, and submit to His will.
-Changed

p.s. it's possible I may not be able to attend this service due to the demands of my higher calling. Being an international ministry is not as much fun as I thought it would be.
#drinkingthecup

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: November 27, 2019 07:55AM

Haha. Lol...it is very good keeping a sense of humor!

Date: November 27, 2019 08:05AM

Northerngate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha. Lol...it is very good keeping a sense of
> humor!

yes :)

Date: November 27, 2019 08:09AM

Changed, I'll be there. If I play the piano, will you turn the pages? ; )

Date: November 27, 2019 08:16AM

I have lots of experience with that task, but I could always use some more. I'll get back to you when I'm not too busy.
#year2031perhaps

Date: November 27, 2019 08:32AM

OMG! I didn't expect my joke to start a PTSD reaction. No more services, no more playing the piano for TLWF services. Running out of the room screaming right now. Sorry, I probably triggered you too. Wasn't page turning a punishment for making fun of Rick? Blech!

Date: November 27, 2019 08:46AM

Yes, I think some of the miserable treatment I received was connected to not giving the proper respect to King David in the Flesh. Oh well.
It was obvious to me, even as a newbie in the LA church scene, that he was pampered and privileged, and I couldn't refrain from writing a few jokes about it. It didn't go over too well :(

Date: November 27, 2019 08:49AM

Now running out into the street screaming. No worries, I will be fine. I do like the brisk fall air...wow, lots of traffic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.