Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 23, 2019 06:36PM

R E E P

I read in another 'version' that JESUS was not a carpenter but a stonemason. Just sayin . . .

At this point in the narrative one has to wonder what percentage of legitimacy existed at all in The Walk/TLW or was it just a completely well-orchestrated scam from the start.

Damning evidence keeps piling up like a Congressional inquiry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: November 24, 2019 12:43AM

Chachakitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Huh I hadn’t read anything Re: Dan Rathers So I
> just did
> Interesting maybe?
> I find myself asking “dan May have covered a lot
> of cults but was he ever raised in one?”
> Also , he is just using cults as a lever for
> personally hating the president..

I think Dan Rather is right. Having been in TLW has given me a lot of insight into politics. You have all the same ingredients, the parallels between TLW and “Trumpisom” are amazing. Find the list of cult characteristics listed on this site and see how many of them Line up. Study other historical demagogues like Joe McCarthy (who indirectly mentored Trump via Roy Cohn) and look at the parallels.

I know this is off topic, but in my mind, Dan Rather gets it, and he is far from the first to make that connection. We all have a unique advantage which is that having been in one cult, should make it easier to recognize another one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2019 12:56AM by TheJewel.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 24, 2019 04:19AM

This is political in nature, so the moderator can remove it if he sees fit. It's the latest column from Andrew Sullivan, singing the praises of former national security adviser Fiona Hill and the calm, methodical professionalism she exhibits:

Fiona Hill: The Antidote to Trump
By Andrew Sullivan

I’ve been in Britain, so it was tough to give this week’s impeachment hearings the attention they deserve. But one obvious theme has emerged: the imperturbability, professionalism, and courage of the women who have testified. When I sat down last night and watched some of the footage of Fiona Hill online, I was gobsmacked.

As soon as I heard her voice, I thought she was a “Geordie” — her accent has obviously softened but those flat vowels and clipped consonants are unmistakable to an English ear. I was wrong, in fact. Geordies are from Newcastle, strictly speaking, and Hill is from Durham. They’re both cities in the Northeast of England and have similar accents, but Durham is a truly ancient town, its Cathedral a monument to medieval Christianity, its university renowned. And Hill, it also turns out, is the real deal, from a mining family. Her local paper, the Northern Echo, celebrated a local girl yesterday:

Born in Bishop Auckland in October 1965, she is the daughter of a coalminer and a midwife. Dad Alfred followed the men of his family down the pits, aged 14, and when the last collieries closed in the 1960s he wanted to emigrate to America to work in the coal mines in West Virginia or Pennsylvania but stayed to be with his mother, who had been crippled from hard labour. He died in the North-East in 2012 and Ms Hill’s mother still lives in her hometown.

From these modest origins, as she acknowledged in her opening statement, Hill became what we saw yesterday. One of the wretched things about the last few years has been following and staying sane in the blizzard of bluster, misinformation, gaslighting, conspiracy theories, and the actual empirical, complex reality we have been confronted with. To keep one’s focus while enduring this torrent of deliberate confusion and competing narratives has been extremely hard.

But not for Hill.

Watching her listen carefully to Castor and Nunes’s questions and arguments, and then just as carefully, methodically dismantle them was a kind of cleansing shower in an impossibly humid summer. Her clear distinction between national security and a “domestic errand” is at the heart of the profound corruption in this presidency, and I have simply never seen it expressed so coherently and plainly.

This is why we needed impeachment hearings. We can see this “deep state” for the patriotic professionals so many of them are. We can pierce through the propaganda and see the Washington that many of us who live there have always seen: countless quiet, principled public servants, usually genuinely seeking the public good. Yes, there are many, many cronies and lobbyists and swamp-dwellers as well. But they are outnumbered.

And to see how these people have had to endure a president this deranged, this indifferent to the truth, this craven toward the enemies of the United States because they can be assets for his domestic political purposes is to experience the appropriate amount of anger toward the damage he has done. It feels like a moment to me.

And it is right and just that it has been women who have faced down this belligerent, blustering tyrant. And not just women but immigrant women, whose commitment to this country and its ideals can often be more intense than those of the native born.

Hearing Hill’s still voice of calm in this storm moved me deeply, and not just because she comes from the country of my birth too, but because her immigrant, accented voice revealed an understanding of America in a way this president simply doesn’t understand. She knows what’s at stake. And she has done her part. It gives me hope, I guess. Hope that we can, in fact, expose and defeat this malignancy at the heart of our democracy.

If we see Trump as the poison he truly is, we have now also seen something else. We have seen the antidote.

Date: November 24, 2019 04:59AM

C H A N G E D

DR. HILL'S testimony was the only one I watched, and I was as dumbfounded as ANDREW SULLIVAN.

The parallels we can draw from relate to our own set of 'deep throats' who have had the courage to spill-the-beans regarding the shenanigans being pulled over the decades in our very own 'criminal organization'--TLW. I believe NANCY b made a similar observation in an earlier post.

We owe a deep gratitude to ONION, and as of late, IMaPURPLE, who seemed to be deep in the belly of the beast to witness many unsavory developments. Also, NANCYb and REEP have been instrumental in painting a very questionable history of events from earlier days before JRS 'brought the circus to town'. And, of course, CHANGED, who has somehow been able to muster the humor to keep us SMILING throughout.

A cult is a cult no matter what the application. The warning signs are all the same, be they in a religious, political, financial or cultural context. I am continually amazed at the striking parallels between what is happening in TLW, and what is unfolding on a daily basis in the news with the same cognitive dissonance on display every day.

As ANDREW SULLIVAN points out, the TRUTH is always the antidote for illusion.

Posted by: Chachakitty ()
Date: November 24, 2019 05:43AM

I’ve learned that trauma is stored in the body. I originally was treated for PTSD with traditional medication and talk therapy. It wasn’t until I got into body work that my mind started healing / re-wiring
Amongst healing body work is chanting , yoga, theatre , aka WORSHIP
I worshiped bc it felt good. However that was when I was the most “open” The abuse co-occurring with natural healing (worship) really fucked with my mind.
I also realized what a sick cycle of JRS and Marilyn and Gary loving our worship and relishing in the amount of heartache we showed “ crying out to god”. Crying out bc of abuse they stowed upon us.

Date: November 24, 2019 06:06PM

C H A c h a

Once again, it pains us greatly to hear of the abuse you suffered. The only solace we can find are your successful efforts in procuring a HEALING for yourself.

Different modalities work for different people, and a calm demeanor (BEING@PEACE) is the best 'divining tool' to discover what will work for each. Following our gut is often a better indicator than being led by our head.

We are HAPPY to hear of your progress and please continue to share with us further developments. One cannot get enough GOOD NEWS these days . . .

Posted by: typer ()
Date: November 25, 2019 01:27AM

I woke up today in a really angry pissed off mood and I'm not repenting for someone telling me I have a bad spirit. I'm so mad that I was told from the beginning that questioning authority meant something was wrong with me. Heavy bombardment was continuous from those in authority to destroy our inner voice and God-given confidence towards Him which even affected just loving being in our Creator's love.

I know God gave teachers as one of the five-fold gift ministries; but I believe He always wanted us to run everything by Him and the Scriptures and trust only Him and accepting only what "built us up in the holy faith" and being loved unconditionally. He said we have no need for any man to teach us, but we have an anointing from the Holy One to teach us. I believe the greatest thing we can "do" is Trust Him. I "always" questioned authority before I came into this cult crap; and it actually helped solidify a trusting relationship with those I was given a green light to argue with; or the arguing enabled me to separate myself from their influence if they were really screwed up in my opinion. I am so much more comfortable engaging an enemy that I can have a drag out fight with than a "friend" who kisses me on the cheek as he/she slips a knife into my belly.

We were always made to swallow everything they fed us as a living Word from God. We "only" owe Him everything; not men that cared nothing for our souls.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 25, 2019 01:44AM

Yeah--I think if there's anything to 'repent' about it would be that we spent way too much time listening to John, Gary, Marilyn and a slew of other false shepherds--while giving little to no attention to our inner voice.
Never again.

Posted by: typer ()
Date: November 25, 2019 01:57AM

Yes, thank you changedagain.

Jesus even said he trusted no man, because He knew what was in man.

Date: November 25, 2019 05:22AM

T Y P E R

". . .those in authority to destroy our inner voice and God-given confidence towards Him . . ."

I have been banging on this drum for a while. The greatest disservice done to us all was not some 'flavor of abuse', but the replacement (referenced above) of our own INNER VOICE with an 'outer voice' (pick which 'DR' is applicable) whose macro-agenda for us all had already been determined by the 'upward flow' to the benefit of those enjoying the 'resort', wherever that might be (pick a location).

Regaining an 'ear to hear' is one of the most important aspects of our recovery from something that should have never been hijacked in the first place.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.