Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 22, 2019 05:40AM

Chachakitty (I love that name), thank you for posting and providing additional proof of survival and healing from this cult. Bravo !!!

The other night, I heard Dan Rather being interviewed on CNN say something to this effect: I’ve covered (reported on) a lot of cults in my career. They never end well. This one (Trump) won’t either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: November 22, 2019 11:32AM

I am so glad you joined us, Chachakitty.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: November 22, 2019 11:38AM

I do beleive Dan Rather is correct about cults, as you pointed, puddington on
Date: November 22, 2019 05:40AM

Perhaps, with Cult Education forum there will be adequate conversational documentation that will save people some misery by seeing the warning signs early on.

Posted by: Chachakitty ()
Date: November 22, 2019 11:00PM

Huh I hadn’t read anything Re: Dan Rathers So I just did
Interesting maybe?
I find myself asking “dan May have covered a lot of cults but was he ever raised in one?”
Also , he is just using cults as a lever for personally hating the president..

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 22, 2019 11:32PM

Chachakitty wrote:
I was born into the cult. What a twisted version of fantasy and reality. I’ve been in therapy over the last 14 years rewiring my brain to see reality and fantasy the correct way. I had it backwards literally
I believe the cult may have started out as a vision ... but somewhere it became perverted and the vision was missed... missed by a long shot.

Thanks for weighing in, Lael. Of course, experiencing so many years of having reality distorted by TLWF/Walk leaders has made me skeptical that even John's original 'visions' were authentic, not fabricated. I know this is blasphemy among the diehards, but that is my inclination. If my life depended on it, and some may think it does, I would maintain that they were/are bullsh*t.

Date: November 22, 2019 11:34PM

Chachakitty wrote:
I’ve been in therapy over the last 14 years rewiring my brain to see reality and fantasy the correct way.

I like the way this is expressed--the rewiring of the brain to distinguish between reality and fantasy. It really is a rewiring.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 23, 2019 12:14AM

Thanks for sharing your perspective, Chachakitty. Rewiring your brain to understand and distinguish between reality and fantasy is a great way to describe this process. It's difficult enough for those who were programmed from childhood, and even harder, I'm sure, for those born into TLWF. It's totally worth the overwhelming effort for those who are willing to get help and do the work.

I agree with Changedagain. I believe that in order to find a true vision or a true relationship between JRS and God...let's just say that none of us could have been there to see it. Maybe in his childhood or early adulthood. By the time he founded Grace Chapel South Gate in 1951, it was too late. He was already manifesting many of the controlling behaviors and the beliefs that were bizarre enough to get him kicked out of pastoring in at least two denominations. My insight is, of course, from spending years being abused and controlled by this system and then more years piecing together bits of information afterwards. This was a necessary process in order to free myself from deep conditionings.

I encourage people to do this work and also to become knowledgeable about cults in general. The similarities of most cults to The Living Word Fellowship is astounding and eye-opening.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2019 12:22AM by Reepicheep.

Date: November 23, 2019 12:51AM

Reep:
I encourage people to do this work and also to become knowledgeable about cults in general. The similarities of most cults to The Living Word Fellowship is astounding and eye-opening.

true

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2019 12:51AM by changedagain.

Date: November 23, 2019 03:41AM

Reep wrote:
Yes, he sure did, Cloudwatcher. Wondering if some of those people even believed in God. Was it all an act? A medicine show?

Posted by: Walked ()
Date: January 12, 2019 11:58PM

Those who are hanging on to the tail end will excuse Hargrave's fleeing as necessary to escape the nephilim or false charges brought against him by the likes of us-- who they consider Satanic forces or whatever the nom du jour is. Anyone who hasn't seen the light yet is so far up where the sun don't shine that Hargrave could do *anything* and they'd suck it up. All that's left to wonder is who will lead the rag-tag remnant into the end time?? ;) One last thought--- Hargrave couldn't possibly believe in God, because if he did, he would know the reckoning coming...

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 23, 2019 04:14AM

Posted by: changedagain
Date: November 22, 2019 12:41PM

Posted by: Walked
Date: January 12, 2019 11:58PM

Those who are hanging on to the tail end will excuse Hargrave's fleeing as necessary to escape the nephilim or false charges brought against him by the likes of us-- who they consider Satanic forces or whatever the nom du jour is. Anyone who hasn't seen the light yet is so far up where the sun don't shine that Hargrave could do *anything* and they'd suck it up. All that's left to wonder is who will lead the rag-tag remnant into the end time?? ;) One last thought--- Hargrave couldn't possibly believe in God, because if he did, he would know the reckoning coming...

Great find, Changed. A word to the wise to GH...I'm pretty sure that you have already been measured for that millstone. Just sayin'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.