Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 08, 2019 01:27AM

Posted by: typer
Date: November 07, 2019 10:21AM

John Sayer in PL brought quite a few words on people having anger management problems. He would read from some author about it over the pulpit (can't remember the book). He would call people out over the pulpit from time to time; to make sure we were all quaking in our boots when he brought a word.

Typer,
So he yelled at people about anger management problems? Classic...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 01:29AM by Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: typer ()
Date: November 08, 2019 01:31AM

I'm getting therapy from a psychiatrist regarding my pulpitphobia; chasing me in my nightmares. They have jet engines on them; but recently I had a flame thrower in my dream that burned them up. Thank God they were made out of wood.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 08, 2019 02:51AM

I am no closer to attending a church service than I was the past couple of years. But someone just told me about the prayer services at their church. They pray for the homeless. They pray for the world and global warming. They even pray to protect animals.

What a novel concept, eh? I could only ask, "You mean they don't spend endless hours just praying for one person?" (Or maybe 3 people?)

Typer - That feeling of expecting to get in trouble, that fear or flinch we feel when we express our freedom or tell the truth - isn't that a horrible way to live? And that is what life was like in the walk. It's one of the conditionings I am really working to rid myself of. It is haunting.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 08, 2019 04:08AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> John Sayer in PL brought quite a few words on
> people having anger management problems. He would
> read from some author about it over the pulpit
> (can't remember the book). He would call people
> out over the pulpit from time to time; to make
> sure we were all quaking in our boots when he
> brought a word.
> [/quote]>
>
> Typer,
> So he yelled at people about anger management
> problems? Classic...

Ha

'Get Rid of Your Anger or I Will Beat the Hell out of You!'
-a living word

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 08, 2019 04:53AM

C H A N G E D

"I may be typing this comment with fire in my eyes, so I hope it doesn't blow you away."

"'Get Rid of Your Anger or I Will Beat the Hell out of You!'
-a living word"

I am glad you were able to put a smile back on my face after reading such a sad tale.

The majority of my exposure to JOHN SAYER took place from the mid-70's-early 80's, during which time it was good. The family even lived with us for a time after returning from Canada when Jason was just a toddler. To now hear about this behavior, it sounds like it is coming from a madman. Unfortunately, it is more evidence of just how corrupt the operating system was that manifested through the TRAMP OF ISRAEL.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 08, 2019 05:01AM

T Y P E R
O N I O N

RE: Pulpit Phobia

I hope you guys don't lose any sleep over worrying about NOT attending church. Count your lucky stars. We put in enough hours in the pews to cover numerous lifetimes.

It is now time to enjoy life by letting go of the past (ASAP) and head for that rainbow of a new day.

It only gets better from here . . .

Posted by: typer ()
Date: November 08, 2019 05:50AM

YES. Did any of you see a weekly Sunday Newspaper cartoon clip in the 1960's called Hipshot? A Montana cartoonist, so it may have not been syndicated nationally.

Really funny cowboy, the whole Montana Prairie, Sunrises and Sunsets was where he attended church.

Date: November 08, 2019 06:38AM

Typer and kBOY,
Yes, your ideas sound much better than subjecting ourselves to more Pulpit-PTSD.

Date: November 08, 2019 06:45AM

Posted by: changedagain
Date: November 07, 2019 01:08PM

Ha

'Get Rid of Your Anger or I Will Beat the Hell out of You!'
-a living word

Changed, Lord knows we've all been yelled at and beat down plenty over the pulpit in TLWF churches. Your quote sounds just like them. ; )

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: November 08, 2019 11:23AM

Nov. 23 there will be an auction at Shiloh to auction off shop tools, farm equipment, lawn equipment, a bit of furniture, and the mounted exotic trophies and hides.

[5starauction.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.