> the head off of a turkey and the whole kingdom
> school had to watch.

I remember watching that. Very strange.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 07, 2019 01:46AM

Ohman?,

Yes, very strange. I suppose they thought that they were preparing the children to live through the tribulation or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 02:00AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 07, 2019 03:10AM

Reep:

Afterbirth nutritional info:

[www.happiestbaby.com]

Date: November 07, 2019 04:41AM

Posted by: puddington
Date: November 06, 2019 01:10PM

Reep:

Afterbirth nutritional info:

[www.happiestbaby.com]

Puddington,

Thanks for that. Uck! At least they make it into pills and not stew. Also, hopefully they don't feed it their friends. 8^O

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 07, 2019 04:59AM

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: March 14, 2018 03:14PM

I was the herb guy for Des Moines and remember meeting with Damon Davis. He would talk to the plants to see if they were edible. A couple of times he talked to mushrooms that apparently lied to him about being edible and he ended up in the hospital.

Broccoli spoke to me once early in my life, telling me not to eat it. To the best of my knowledge, I never did.

Date: November 07, 2019 06:30AM

Posted by: changedagain
Date: November 06, 2019 02:59PM

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: March 14, 2018 03:14PM

I was the herb guy for Des Moines and remember meeting with Damon Davis. He would talk to the plants to see if they were edible. A couple of times he talked to mushrooms that apparently lied to him about being edible and he ended up in the hospital.

changedagain wrote:
Broccoli spoke to me once early in my life, telling me not to eat it. To the best of my knowledge, I never did.

Hilarious post by Larry Bobo. Changed, I had a similar conversation with asparagus at a very young age.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 07, 2019 09:27AM

CHANGE REEP PUDD OHMAN

Those were the daze?

Rocky made a big impression on me when I arrived on the farm. I had only been in The Walk a few years, and only a short time in SoCal from Haiku, and was still adjusting to the dynamics. He and Diane had moved out of the tepee by then, but Rocky would come around because he still had the herb-processing business.

The most surprising thing I witnessed (I missed out on the beheading) was when we began to call Brother Stevens 'Brother John', which I know caught the attention of many, but was his effort to deconstruct what he saw as a stratified organization that needed a more organic touch. He also seemed like the kind of guy who never totally bought into all the hype of the time and slowly disappeared from the scene after moving off the farm. (Diane, of course, would be able to fill in a much more detailed account than my brief observations.)

I heard that he eventually moved to Oregon after separating from Diane and went whole hog into the Y2K apocalyptic movement selling survival supplies, etc. Well, we all know how 'successful' that prophecy was. I recently found a random video posted by Rocky regarding some modified watercraft on a lake. Very random.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: typer ()
Date: November 07, 2019 11:51PM

It is so weird. I still get afraid and flinch when I think of certain things. I'm actually a little scared right now to share this, for fear John Sayer will come to my house and kill me. Please don't quote me on the following, but the words are pretty close to what was said.

One time a few years ago we had a little intercession group at the PL church led by John Sayer. He would get this "fire" in his eyes and say to me (us) don't get to close to him because he was very intense in his intercession and he could blow us away. It made me extremely fearful to pray vocally in his presence, lest he rebuke me for not being violent enough. It was so weird and very dreadful.

My wife just reminded me that Jesus loved a broken and contrite spirit. He looks at the heart. I don't think he was blowing his disciples away during his 3.5 years with them like fire burning them up. He was revealing his love to them. My wife just told me that when a man tries to intimidate us, the Lord is not with that man, because it is fear. God is far away from the proud, and looks at the heart of the person. God looks at a contrite and broken spirit.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 08, 2019 01:11AM

Typer--
What was the 'violent' intercession even about during this time period in PL? John Stevens was dead, Satan had been brought down as a result of John's death (according to Gary), and John's ex-wife was either dead or no longer a threat.
What was motivating the rage sessions? Just something to do on a weeknight??

p.s. I may be typing this comment with fire in my eyes, so I hope it doesn't blow you away.

Posted by: typer ()
Date: November 08, 2019 01:21AM

Changedagain … thank you.

John Sayer in PL brought quite a few words on people having anger management problems. He would read from some author about it over the pulpit (can't remember the book). He would call people out over the pulpit from time to time; to make sure we were all quaking in our boots when he brought a word. I don't ever remember anyone being called out for anything over the pulpit when I was young in what "the walk" called "dead" churches. Since I left, I don't like pulpits. I visited a church close to our house recently. The pastor seemed loving and walked around quite a bit. There was no pulpit which made it a better experience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.