Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 06, 2019 05:55AM

I think I lived with you for about one week in July 1976 across the street from Church of the Living Word if you are who I think you are. I was on the top bunk in a little (tiny) house and you were on the bottom bunk or visa versa.

I chuckled when I read this--sorry about that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: typer ()
Date: November 06, 2019 08:34AM

Since I found this site, one sign I know I'm starting to heal is I'm starting to laugh again; even at (with) myself, including being kind to myself (and others) when I make goof-ups. It's OK to make each other laugh; no more beating myself up like I was taught to.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 06, 2019 09:26AM

typer wrote,
Since I found this site, one sign I know I'm starting to heal is I'm starting to laugh again; even at (with) myself, including being kind to myself (and others) when I make goof-ups. It's OK to make each other laugh; no more beating myself up like I was taught to.

YES

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 06, 2019 10:20AM

Typer. I used to hear bizarre stories about the folks living across the street from CLW. Long before the school was built.

I recall that some folks lived in a teepee. Rocky maybe? And to promote an “organic lifestyle”, the toilet was removed from one of the houses so you had to squat over the open hole to poop.

Kingdom living at its best.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 06, 2019 03:21PM

T Y P E R

Welcome to the conversation. Contribute at will.

Yes, we were probably bunk-mates on 'the farm' across from CLW before the school was built. It consisted of three separate houses, a geodesic sauna, an herb processing shed, a vineyard in back of the third house, and at one time, a tepee belonging to Rocky and Diane Cowie.

The houses went through a revolving clientele from all girls, to married couples, to all guys. The 'lawn' in front of the first house consisted of edible weeds, so salads were simple--run the push-mover down a row, rake it up, throw it in a salad bowl, add dressing, and dig in.

The guys in the back house (myself included) were recruited oftentimes to go herb-gathering for the business Rocky had begun, but was also managed for a time by Damon Davis. The times were simple and the fellowship good. I don't know about any toilet-less poop hole, but often wonder about how we managed to operate many of life's more simple logistics given the age of the houses. My stay there was from the fall of 1977 until the summer of 1978 when I relocated to Shiloh and the sawmill.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 06, 2019 03:27PM

kBoy, were you living there when one of the married couples had a child? Natural childbirth? They took the placenta and cooked up a stew for folks to eat. More of that organic Kingdom diet I guess. : )

Posted by: typer ()
Date: November 06, 2019 04:15PM

I remember Damon Davis on the property and a guy named F Sharp, who was pretty funny as I recall. Damon came up to Campbell once in about 1974 and took a group of us on a field trip hunting edible plants in the country. He told us about a lot of the plants the Indians ate. It was actually a very fun day. We were all preparing for the apocolypse. When I go for walks I still enjoy seeing Curly Dock, Sorrel, Dandelion leaves, Purslain, Watercress and stuff like that and think of that field trip. I suppose the most popular plant growing now in Colorado is Marijuana, but I haven't tried eating any of that in a salad.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 06, 2019 08:42PM

Does anyone remember the wine made on the farm and foisted upon CLW folk as communion wine? Nasty, bitter stuff. Ugh!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 06, 2019 11:04PM

P U D D

During my stay, the small middle house had a young couple with a very pregnant momma. I left for Shiloh before childbirth, so I missed out on any placenta stew.

T Y P E R

While living on the farm, F SHARP was courting his future wife, JUDY, in the front house, which was home to all-girls at the time.

Like yourself, I was also inspired by DAMON DAVIS to seek out and consume wild edibles, a passion I have not lost to this day. I am careful to not harvest where any dogs are being walked.

As far as cannabis is concerned, it is best to just pick it, dry it, roll it and smoke it.

R E E P

That nasty communion wine they kept pawning off on us at CLW apparently came from transplanted stocks that used to be located at the far end of the Ontario Airport, which explains the strong taste of jet exhaust in the back of the palate.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 07, 2019 12:08AM

Typer, kBOY and Puddington,

All I can say is that I knew some of what happened on "the farm", but I'm so glad that I didn't live there. What exactly was the purpose of eating someone's afterbith? Nauseating and weird.

Of course, there was the time that Rocky chopped the head off of a turkey and the whole kingdom school had to watch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.