Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 03, 2019 09:56AM

I agree with you Reep about a deranged mind.

I have had the Tower of Babel story in my mind as it was told to me as a child. I never looked at the story through adult eyes until yesterday. The people were doing what seemed best for themselves and not what God wanted. Their building project symbolized the arrogance of humans who try to be equal to, or above, or sufficient without, God.

Told in gentler tones than I would use, I think now the story reflects much more about the profoundly ingrained arrogance of people who place themselves above God - oh, say as the Lamp of Israel or God in the Earth.

If Shiloh is demolished, it will represent Babel. It doesn't represent something that just outgrew its usefulness like Noah's Ark. It was born bad.

Maybe just pondering for today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: November 03, 2019 10:06AM

Even if that’s true and I don’t think it is. What would that have anything to do with decades of abuse and overwhelming control over countless people and their families? Truth is , I was molested when I was seven but I didn’t go on spree of abuse and manipulation for 35 years. Nobody had it as good as Rick did from a very early age. He was given the keys to the kingdom just out of high school and off It went. A license to kill if you will. And in his little world of the Walk, nobody could defeat him because he had the backing from the top. He knows all the words to say to get those around him to sympathize. He turned into a very dangerous person over the years. So I don’t give a shit if some pervert like Wayne Barton of some other idiot from back in the day touched his little wee wee its no excuse! None!

Date: November 03, 2019 10:43AM

Amen Imapurple! If Rick ever uttered the words that he had been molested, he would only do so if it gave him a better position from which to control people and seduce girls. A lot of Rick's (and Marti's) problems stem from the fact that they were raised by a mother who never allowed ANY consequences for wrong behavior -- in her own life and absolutely in her children's lives.

At some point when an adult repeats criminal, narcissistic, sociopathic/psychotic behavior, it's on the individual. You have to get help and stop the behavior. But all I saw through the years was an amped-up increase in arrogance and narcissism (in both of Marilyn's kids). Looking back, I don't know if anything I was ever told by either of them had a shred of truth in it. I doubt it.

Jeez, Rick is 60 years old. He still hasn't stepped up to be a man about any of the exposure in his life.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 04, 2019 03:05AM

Onion wrote:
Jeez, Rick is 60 years old. He still hasn't stepped up to be a man about any of the exposure in his life.

It hasn't been a necessity. He's always been shielded from facing the consequences of his misdeeds, as you said.

Date: November 04, 2019 05:51AM

Pondering today. Conditioning. Remember how Marilyn used to say that when you came to her to minister to her, then she could see your spirit and tell you what was wrong with you.

An abused animal or person will shy away from a raised hand, always expecting another beating. What terrible conditioning to believe that when you approach someone with a gift, their response will be to tell you what is wrong with you. Knocks the hell out of you with how unworthy and incompetent you are.

Hey everybody - IT WAS NOT TRUE.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 04, 2019 09:00AM

O N I O N

Unbelievably sad, pathetic and abusive. Tramp of Israel was well-earned, unfortunately for many.

Date: November 04, 2019 11:24AM

During the 'End the Male Spirit' phase some time in the 90's my wife confided in Marilyn, saying I was having a hard time with "the word." She said that Marilyn pondered the situation for quite a while, and then just told her to "kill" me. I don't recall what my response was to learning of this. I may have pleaded with my wife to wait until baseball season was over.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 05, 2019 09:48PM

C H A N G E D

Baseball season aside, it is a rude awakening to realize that probably since the early 70's, The Walk/TLW was run by a BLACK WIDOW.

Where was pest-control when we needed it?

Date: November 06, 2019 12:01AM

In retrospect, I think my problems started after she read a few jokes I wrote about the obvious privilege enjoyed by her son. She was not amused--a serious miscalculation on my part.

Date: November 06, 2019 12:11AM

I recall during this time period asking someone who I knew was close to Rick, whether Rick followed any of the guidelines that came from the pulpit. He just laughed as though it was the most idiotic question ever. His response: Rick does what he wants.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.