Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 02, 2019 12:25AM

Reep wrote:
Thankfully, this atrocity of a con is almost over. Does anyone reading still believe that these illustrious leaders really believed in an afterlife? Because it's not looking particularly good for them.

True

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 02, 2019 02:48AM

Reep - Your artwork is much more inventive than mine! Your barfing is spot on.

Changed: Did they get money for a car for Gary twice? The time I remember was in about 1993-4 and they asked people to give money directly because it couldn't be a tax write off because it was to buy Gary a car for his birthday. It was a Lexus. It was a $30k car THEN. Maybe that was the check they showed Imapurple.

I remember the timing because it was when I lived in their rental property next to their house and they brought the car over to my house and honked until I came out and Marilyn drove me around the block in Gary's new car. They were celebrating because Marilyn hadn't driven in a long time.

This was during the era they revived their earlier roles as my friends because once again I had something they wanted - I had become a lawyer.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 02, 2019 02:54AM

I received an email from a good friend who asked if Marilyn had always been duplicitous even in the early Blix days. My friend appreciated my ruthlessly honest response so I'm sharing it here.

-----------------------

Wow. It really is almost too big to grasp, isn't it? I still have a lot of love for John too. I think that he was both things - a manipulator and womanizer on one side, and a man of God who really loved the people (unless he was threatened by someone) on the other side. He helped me but he also promised me a LOT that he never did and that he never made provision for while he was still alive.

When I first met Marilyn and then a year or two later moved into the Blix House we were really down and deep friends. She was kind and wonderful to me too. But I think she was unkind and haughty to a lot of women all along. She would always be the Prom Queen and then the Varsity Cheerleader -- until she became the queen of the walk. I think as soon as she realized she was going to really get the prize (the throne with John) her true personality came out. She was always after money, she was always ONLY out for herself, she was the queen of planning and manipulating everyone for her purpose.

Gary? No f-ckin' way was he a dupe. He actively acted deceitfully and lied to me right after John died in the sickest imaginable ways. I have come to believe that he too had his eye on the throne - the wealth, the power, the $4MM house in Hawaii and all the other things he has grasped to his greedy bosom. He did whatever he had to do to get control and to sit on the throne as #1 with Marilyn. I believe Craig Haworth did the same thing with Phyllis.

Kind of like the maneuvering of royalty in the movies or Game of Thrones. Think of Circie (sp?) and you have Marilyn. Gary is more like the role of Circie's father. Ruthless and disgusting people who have no boundaries to the lies they would tell and the people they would throw away in order to reach #1.

Years before I was ready to call a cult a cult, someone asked me if I was so committed to Marilyn, would I kill someone if she asked me to. I really had to think about it because the answer was probably yes. Looking back I realize I was asked to do a lot of mean things but I always looked to the Lord and prayed about it and acted accordingly by removing the meanness. I would hope I would have woken up before I ever seriously hurt someone at her request. I came VERY close to death i.e. ending my own life from neglect and ill-health - that was the murder I woke up from in time.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 02, 2019 03:05AM

Onion Wrote:

> Changed: Did they get money for a car for Gary
> twice? The time I remember was in about 1993-4
> and they asked people to give money directly
> because it couldn't be a tax write off because it
> was to buy Gary a car for his birthday. It was a
> Lexus.
It was a $30k car THEN. Maybe that was
> the check they showed Imapurple.

No, you are correct about the time period. Also, about the make of the car. I read Imapurple's comment about seeing a $30,000 check given to G & M in the 70's...and I inadvertently wrote the 70's when I meant the 90's. No defense yet for why I had the make of the car incorrect. That said...Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, used Chevy Vega--pretty much all the same to me :)

Note: I think Hank M. headed up the fundraiser. He was related to Fred M. who I knew back in my Redland's days--a decent, kind man who did my business books.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 02, 2019 03:20AM

R E E P

"There was really ever only one “girl" who should have 'turned it off'."
-- The faults we usually see in others are the ones we see in ourself.

"Also, there was one man who callously left his wife and baby in order to become a rich and powerful leader."
-- I believe both JRS and Gary can lay claim to that fame.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 02, 2019 03:43AM

O N I O N

"Years before I was ready to call a cult a cult, someone asked me if I was so committed to Marilyn, would I kill someone if she asked me to. I really had to think about it because the answer was probably yes. Looking back I realize I was asked to do a lot of mean things but I always looked to the Lord and prayed about it and acted accordingly by removing the meanness. I would hope I would have woken up before I ever seriously hurt someone at her request. I came VERY close to death i.e. ending my own life from neglect and ill-health - that was the murder I woke up from in time."

W O W. Nothing like beating around the bush.

That mindset alone is a sad legacy no one should want on their resume, either as perpetrator or victim. That you were driven to those depths is an indication of just how destructive actions can be in the "name of the Lord".

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: November 02, 2019 03:58AM

No the 30k was not for the car. It was just a check from someone with money in Iowa ( I won’t say who ) that said she can do whatever she wants with it.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 02, 2019 06:29AM

Posted by: Imapurple
Date: November 01, 2019 01:58PM

No the 30k was not for the car. It was just a check from someone with money in Iowa ( I won’t say who ) that said she can do whatever she wants with it.

It must have either been someone who sincerely believed that they were giving to the kingdom of God or someone attempting to purchase a semi-permanent (because everyone is expendable) place with G&M.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 06:32AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 02, 2019 06:43AM

Posted by: Onion
Date: November 01, 2019 12:54PM

I received an email from a good friend who asked if Marilyn had always been duplicitous even in the early Blix days.

I agree with everything you said about G&M in your letter Onion. I would only add that Marilyn was very harsh and thought a great deal of herself even before the Blix days.

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: November 02, 2019 08:47AM

I remember being at Kling ( Johns house ) in late 1982. His illness was really beginning to show and he knew it. Around January or early February he was really becoming sick and was soon in bed. We begin taking care of him from that point. It was a very long six months or so until June forth when he passed. It was a Saturday morning early. They came and took him away for a little bit then brought him back in his casket to the house and put him in the living room. Soon people from all over were coming through to say goodbye. It wasn’t an open casket. It was a very weird time for everyone. I remember late at night after everyone was gone or asleep I would be on the couch sleeping and it was just me and JRS dead in his casket. Really strange when you think of the frame of mind we were all in now. And the old clock in that house going Bong Bong Bong on the hour didn’t help. Anyway, I don’t know why I’m saying all this except a few people seemed interested in some of the back stories... I’d rather be reading it than telling it...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.