Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Twoteetwo ()
Date: November 01, 2019 01:52AM

Changed Again
But it has taken a very long time to realize it is morally acceptable to question those who claim to be speaking for God, and overcome the fear of the inevitable vicious backlash.

So true! And there will be vicious backlash only from those who are not speaking for God. Transparency, humility, a servant's heart, and working out their own salvation with fear and trembling are the hallmarks of a true shepherd.

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." I Jn 4:1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 01:54AM by Twoteetwo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 01, 2019 04:40AM

2 t e e 2

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." I Jn 4:1

That was definitely a scripture that always applied to 'others'. We now know it struck a chord very close to home.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 04:47AM by kBOY.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 01, 2019 06:34AM

> <

O

XXXXXXX

Reep - That's the closest I can come to a disgusted barf face.

Changedagain. You have the corporate timeline correct on Hargrave Ministries.

Church of His Holy Presence

Hargrave Family Ministries - A Living Word Ministry (in about '92 when the churches were changed to be solely operated under Hargrave authority)

Hargrave Ministries in late 2018 - apparently to distance himself from family. Perhaps Rick? He always seems to forget about Kevin.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 01, 2019 06:37AM

Ha Ha, my "art" is even worse with the tabs and spaces removed. Maybe now it represents disgusted, nauseous, and smashed up against the wall. Appropriate.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 01, 2019 08:56AM

Onion, more barfing faces? You have to use your imagination...haha.

=^€

:-{€€€

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 08:56AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: November 01, 2019 10:52AM

Seeing Donna in the middle yard with the baby while G&M were beginning their relationship ( while JRS was in bed dying) was heartbreaking. I remember one time while in Shiloh G&M putting Donna down and thinking something was really really wrong with all this. Also them showing me a check for 30k that someone had just given them. I was just thinking wow! I’m here at my own expense ( in Shiloh ) wondering if I can pay my rent and you’re showing me this . Looking back I find so many things that were so so wrong and it keeps coming up every day.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 01, 2019 11:13AM

Imapurple wrote:
Seeing Donna in the middle yard with the baby while G&M were beginning their relationship (while JRS was in bed dying) was heartbreaking. I remember one time while in Shiloh G&M putting Donna down and thinking something was really really wrong with all this.

Donna was kind and generous of spirit. G & M, in spite of their pretense of concern for "the Body," were self-centered and routinely cruel.

Also them showing me a check for 30k that someone had just given them. I was just thinking wow! I’m here at my own expense (in Shiloh ) wondering if I can pay my rent and you’re showing me this.

Sick people.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 01, 2019 10:56PM

I M a P U R P L E

Thanks(?) again for painting a picture of those to whom we sacrificed so much.

As one who warmed the cheap seats for 35+ years and was never privy to any backside glimpses or a single conversation with either JRS or G&M, I am continually astounded at the lack of decency and overall integrity found in these characters.

It was the 'tickling of our ears' from the pulpit that apparently justified all kinds of behavior that we would never tolerate in any normal relationships.

The Wizard(s) were able to maintain the con for far too l o n g . . .

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 01, 2019 11:15PM

Imapurple and Onion,
Thank you both for shedding light into events that most of us knew nothing about. These are sad and upsetting revelations by those who were close to G&M back in the days leading up to and following June 4, 1983. Facts that were known by a few were never revealed to the general congregation. I remember being shocked by Rich's announcement on a Sunday night in South Gate sometime in the spring of 1984 that GH and MS would be getting married. He began his announcement with something like, "I'm tired of keeping this secret..." To most of us, that was shocking enough. This was not anywhere close to what was being represented to the congregations. My memory says that we were still being told that "we killed JRS with our unbelief and failure to break through" and now we must “pray for his return”. How did that fit with this surprise announcement? It was confusing, to say the least. I can only surmise, almost forty years later, that these people were always evil and conniving. There was really ever only one “girl" who should have “turned it off". Also, there was one man who callously left his wife and baby in order to become a rich and powerful leader. Thankfully, this atrocity of a con is almost over. Does anyone reading still believe that these illustrious leaders really believed in an afterlife? Because it's not looking particularly good for them.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 02, 2019 12:23AM

Imapurple wrote:
Also them showing me a check for 30k that someone had just given them. I was just thinking wow! I’m here at my own expense ( in Shiloh ) wondering if I can pay my rent and you’re showing me this.

Does anyone recall the church fundraiser for Gary's birthday sometime in the 70's? It went toward the purchase of a BMW. I do recall feeling guilty for only contributing $100--but at the time my work was slow, and I was anxious about providing for my family and also (hopefully) saving money for their college education. In retrospect, I now realize I wasn't trusting enough in God's provision...that our needs would be taken care of if we just continued to feed the 'upward flow.' I suppose I could share the 'birds of the air' or scripture to bolster my point, but I'll give it a rest. /s

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.