Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 26, 2019 10:55PM

Well . . . someone had to be the 10,000th post on page 1000 . . .

It's amazing that such a small group could be this popular.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 27, 2019 12:06AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well . . . someone had to be the 10,000th
> post on page 1000 . . .
>
> It's amazing that such a small group could be this
> popular.

Congrats on your timely post, kBOY.
The 10,000th post on page 1000!
Truly amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2019 12:06AM by changedagain.

Date: October 27, 2019 12:09AM

Nonetheless, I am sure there are loyalists who would characterize what is written here as ALL LIES from BITTER BLOWOUTS!!
Oh well.

Date: October 27, 2019 03:20AM

Posted by: reveal
Date: August 20, 2018 10:21AM

Some interesting food for thought...Knowing that TLWF monitors this site and reports its findings back to Kevin and Gary, isn't it telling that rather than using the information they find here to help fix what is broken and wrong about the church, they instead threaten and persecute those who speak out?

Note: I think 'reveal' was referring to a post made by Reep after her husband received an ominous, unsigned letter with no return address--back in February of 2018. Here is the comment:

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 10, 2018 04:22PM

Well, hi folks. Today my husband received an unsigned letter with no return address in the mail, postmarked HONOLULU, HI

Here is what they wrote. Please give me your thoughts, or let me know if this has ever happened to you.

"Husband's Name,

I keep track of posts on the Rick Ross Forum. Last month your wife began posting and published her name in the profile section. Her name is not there now. I made a copy of her profile when her name was visible. My job is to give it to Kevin when Gary returns from Brazil.
I liked you _________. If you can get your wife to stop posting, I won't give the information on to Kevin. Your wife posts under the screen name Reepicheep."

Date: October 27, 2019 04:38AM

Yes, I think so too, Changed. Even when you've been gone for years, they still think they can scare you into silence. And then Shalom posted a year and one day ago. And the dam broke. They can't shut ALL of us up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2019 04:39AM by Reepicheep.

Date: October 28, 2019 06:25AM

Reep wrote:
Even when you've been gone for years, they still think they can scare you into silence. And then Shalom posted a year and one day ago. And the dam broke. They can't shut ALL of us up!

No, they can't. And one major reason ex-members should continue to speak up--whether it be in this forum, FB groups or elsewhere--is to make it less likely these abusers return to power, causing even more damage to people's lives.
As 4generation put it recently:

I know the backlash is huge and we are still suffering and in internal conflict with everything that has happened. But we can never again allow people to use God's name to control, harass, and manipulate people for their own benefit.

So let's tell our stories, talk about what's been going on this past year, the abuse and manipulation that still exists in the fellowship. Expose the truth so that it is impossible for them to remain hidden or trying to return to the power.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 28, 2019 06:43AM

On June 4, 1983, when JRS died, he was still involved in two lawsuits.

One lawsuit was JRS’ divorce. The real estate had been divided, marital status had been terminated thereafter so he could marry Marilyn and put her name on his share of the real estate, held in community property meaning they each could leave their half to their own family. Marilyn insisted on that before she would agree to marry JRS in 1980. And, as I’ve previously written, she took elaborate steps to change title to the property by the time John died so any claims by his family would be prevented. He was incapable of participating in the later decisions as he was fully incapacitated, and comatose much of the time.

I was involved in most aspects of the divorce suit except for the remaining personal property that was settled after JRS’ death, by Gary & Marilyn. After June 4, 1983 I was slowly and completely moved out of the level of personal knowledge I had during JRS’ life.

The other lawsuit was JRS’ lawsuit (filed in March of 1981) against his father, W.J. Stevens and Fred Bickhart, over the Washington, Iowa church. WJ and Fred had formed a new church corporation and changed the locks preventing (I assume) attendance by JRS or Shiloh people.

I don’t believe JRS traveled to Shiloh after this suit was filed in Spring of 1981 (until he was buried there in September of 1983.) He and Marilyn were both utterly panicked at the idea that they would ever have their depositions taken or that either of them would have to testify. Marilyn was probably more concerned about testifying in the divorce case because she had been having the affair with JRS for so many years during which I am sure he supported her financially. She also knew where the property was hidden before his death and knew what was rushed out of town (to Shiloh and in other ways) after his death. I don’t know the full extent of the property hidden, but it was a lot. It included gold and silver coins and bars, jewelry (including diamonds made into rings for the Hargraves and Marilyn’s kids after JRS died), a significant arsenal of guns (he had arsenals in Los Angeles and Shiloh) and many other items I never knew enough about to describe. A lot.

The 1981 Lawsuit – JRS Plaintiff - Excerpts of the Petition (Complaint)
Defendants (one) and (two) have since the inception of the Church (name) solicitated and received donations of money, property and labor on behalf of Church (name). Said donations were given in furtherance of the public, charitable and religious purposes of the Church (name) and not for the purpose of benefitting (one) and (two) in their individual capacity. Plaintiffs are informed and believe and allege thereon that real and personal property (in possession or titled to one and two) valued in excess of $0000000 has been acquired and maintained with funds donated.

This is only the first excerpt. I thought it would be good ponderings for a Sunday afternoon because what JRS is asking the court to take action on in this lawsuit is SO FAMILIAR.

Further excerpts will show additional similarities to what has been done by Gary Hargrave, Marilyn Hargrave, and Rick Holbrook.
Perhaps light will be shed by this 1981 lawsuit, on what legal action we should consider now.

IMAPURPLE - I would really like to hear your remarks on this post. Confirmation on the timeline of JRS' incapacity prior to his death would be helpful.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 28, 2019 04:38PM

O N I O N

"I don’t know the full extent of the property hidden, but it was a lot. It included gold and silver coins and bars, jewelry (including diamonds made into rings for the Hargraves and Marilyn’s kids after JRS died), a significant arsenal of guns (he had arsenals in Los Angeles and Shiloh) and many other items I never knew enough about to describe. A lot."

Your 'standard issue' man-of-GOD kit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2019 04:48PM by kBOY.

Date: October 28, 2019 07:36PM

Posted by: kBOY
Date: October 28, 2019 02:38AM

O N I O N

"I don’t know the full extent of the property hidden, but it was a lot. It included gold and silver coins and bars, jewelry (including diamonds made into rings for the Hargraves and Marilyn’s kids after JRS died), a significant arsenal of guns (he had arsenals in Los Angeles and Shiloh) and many other items I never knew enough about to describe. A lot."

Your 'standard issue' man-of-GOD kit.

Does anyone else remember when JRS used to cry in the pulpit and say that he wasn't afraid? That if he had to start all over, God would take care of him? I guess he was taking very good care of himself all along. Perhaps he was just tricking all of us into giving everything we had. : (

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 29, 2019 02:30AM

One of the Blix Girls was logging a phone call (EVERYthing was written down or recorded) between John & Marilyn and a legal guy (I think 1979 just after Martha left JRS) and the talk was of money and planning for the future, life insurance, etc., and about JRS marrying Marilyn.

The call was so contrary to what was spoken from the pulpit, this girl moved out in the middle of the night, never to return.

I remember during that time, Marilyn commented to me that his family wanted so much money because even if JRS didn't have the great wealth they were demanding, he knew (and his family knew) he could get any amount at any time. I thought that was an odd bit of information to be proud of.

Apparently, Gary & Marilyn Hargrave were out to prove they could get as much money as they wanted too. JRS hid. G&M flaunted. But I bet G&M hid too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.