Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: October 25, 2019 06:07AM

Hey, look! We're almost up to 1,000 pages!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 25, 2019 09:47AM

A great post from reveal:

Posted by: reveal
Date: August 20, 2018 10:21AM

Some interesting food for thought...Knowing that TLWF monitors this site and reports its findings back to Kevin and Gary, isn't it telling that rather than using the information they find here to help fix what is broken and wrong about the church, they instead threaten and persecute those who speak out? If they spent even a fraction of the effort they put into the persecution of those who are exposing what is wrong, into using the information to rectify the deep problems in the organization, perhaps there would be hope for change. The mere fact that they use what they see posted on here to vilify former members is proof of how Godless the organization is. Where is the compassion? Where is the humility? Where is the love?

These leaders that we literally entrusted our lives to DO NOT even have shepherds' hearts. It makes me incredibly sad that they care more about their precious organization than they do about the people. If they really cared about the people, they would reach out to those who have posted on here who have been so hurt, damaged and disillusioned and say, "We are sorry this happened to you. How can we fix it? What can we change?" To instead attack the victims is further evidence of their status as abusers.

-reveal

Isn't there a scripture that talks about what God will do to shepherds who do not protect those in their care? Sorry if this is a trigger, but I thought it applied.

Jeremiah 23:1-2 from The Message Bible
“Doom to the shepherd-leaders who butcher and scatter my sheep!” God’s Decree. “So here is what I, God, Israel’s God, say to the shepherd-leaders who misled my people: ‘You’ve scattered my sheep. You’ve driven them off. You haven’t kept your eye on them. Well, let me tell you, I’m keeping my eye on you, keeping track of your criminal behavior."

Put that in you Apostolic Fathering Ministry pipe and smoke it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2019 09:59AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 25, 2019 04:21PM

R E V E A L

GREAT post -- for all the sad reasons.

It is impressive to think at how a con could have gone on for so long considering the annual damage report done to so many. The Wizard of Oz dazzled the multitudes until someone finally had the courage to look behind the curtain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 25, 2019 04:30PM

S H A L O M

Once again we would like to express our deepest gratitude to the courage you displayed one year ago today. What was whispered in dark corners you managed to shout from the rooftop.

We realize that notoriety was not your motivation, but the desire to right a terrible wrong. Many are deeply grateful for the step you took and are following in your footsteps.

Date: October 25, 2019 08:16PM

Thank you, Shalom. How interesting that we reached page 1000 on the first anniversary of the day that you started an avalanche of freedom that can't be stopped. You are the best. <3

Posted by: typer ()
Date: October 25, 2019 10:56PM

Yes, thank you Shalom. I echo what Reepicheep said.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 26, 2019 12:27AM

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 26, 2019 09:00AM

Shalom - I hope you are experiencing the joy and freedom of the explosion you started on facebook a year ago.

You are VERY loved.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 26, 2019 10:00AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shalom - I hope you are experiencing the joy and
> freedom of the explosion you started on facebook a
> year ago.
>
> You are VERY loved.

Yes

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 26, 2019 10:03AM

The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Altar_Kent
Date: February 23, 2004 12:18AM

Is anyone familiar with this movement? It is based in Kalona Iowa at a camp/compound called Shiloh. It was founded by John Robert Stevens and first called the walk. Stevens came out of the Latter Rain movement, built quite a congregation, and then died in 1983. The Living word Fellowship is currently being run by Gary and Marilyn Hargrave.

It sounds familiar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2019 10:04AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.