Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: October 23, 2019 05:04AM

I took an ancestry test, but it didn't show any Satanic ancestry unless you count Irish. Aren't Leprechauns and Minnehunies sort of related? Which reminds me, those Minnehunies have certainly been neglecting their duty of protecting JRS' grave, since it has to be moved and all. ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2019 05:05AM by Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: typer ()
Date: October 23, 2019 06:37AM

I think the Marianne being refered to is Marianne Nagy. She was my wife's maid of honor when we were married by David Cokas in the Valley on Sept. 25, 1978. My wife was at Blix for a short time in 1976-77; then we both worked at FineLine graphics from early 1977 to about the end of 1978. I typeset this weeks and she worked in the bindery. Marrianne also worked at FineLine Graphics. She died of ovarian cancer I believe in the mid-1980s. The Martha being referred to that was deaf was a friend of Marianne's. They went to a school together for the deaf when they were young. Her last name I believe was McGlumphy. Her dad knew my dad in Libby Montana in the late 1950s and early 1960s. I believe Martha married Bill Arnold's son sometime in the late 1970s.

I new the older Waller's in Campbell from late 1972-1976; a wonderful couple.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 23, 2019 05:26PM

T Y P E R

WELCOME to the family. Thanks for filling in more blanks.

It is wonderful to be reminded of names long forgotten and how wonderful many of them were/are. With all the bad, there was still plenty of GOOD.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 23, 2019 05:43PM

C H A N G E D
P U D D I N G T O N

Today marks the one year anniversary of our 'legendary' get-together.

As awesome as it was (and about four hours long), I remember comments being made as we went our separate ways that it would be connections like these that would eventually bring TLW to it's knees.

Little did we know that just two days later would be the tsunami of an event that would change the landscape forever.

Posted by: UnapologeticallyJohn832 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 10:42AM

Hello - First time poster, my name is Shalom Abrahamson (Caples married name) and I would like any support from posters here by going to my facebook post in which I publicly shared an open letter to TLWF congregation. Support in any way; a like, a comment, sharing your own stories and abuses, would be helpful in continuing to expose the truth of this organization. I have been reading this forum for a while now and I know many of you and I believe you and I have privately supported you, but now I am publicly supporting you. Thank you for speaking out on this forum; it has and will continue to help me in my life.

"An Open Letter to The Living Word Fellowship Congregation from Shalom Abrahamson-Caples

Why am I writing this open letter to The Living Word Fellowship (TLWF) congregation?

1. A real problem exists, even after removing Rick Holbrook from the ministry and those in power should be held accountable.
2. I can no longer carry these secrets and their shame and I want to be free of the damage of these abuses.
3. I want the other girls and women and men and children who have also been abused to know that they are not alone. I am not being brave, I just believe that the truth will set me free and hopefully provide a way, a safe way, for others to come forth with their truth and be set free.
4. To start living unapologetically without regrets although I do not know if that is possible because exposing this truth is embarrassing to me and hurtful to many others. I was too trusting and allowed people to control my life decisions that in return hurt me and others around me. I was fearful and intimidated and even worse, I believed they were the only way to God, “Christ in the flesh”. I was raised in The Living Word Fellowship from age 3-35 yo and I did not know other Christian churches or Christian ways, but I am no longer fearful or intimidated. I am free.

Please click on the link below to read the rest of my open letter..."

#metoo #churchtoo #thelivingwordfellowshiptoo #tlwftoo #rickholbrooktoo

[thelivingwordfellowshipthewholetruth.org]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 23, 2019 11:20PM

Wow--thanks for the timely reminder, kBOY. What a year it has been.

Date: October 23, 2019 11:36PM

Note: we're nearing 10,000 comments in this discussion group. Thank you again to all of those who have come forward through the years to share their stories and insights. The participation is vital to dispel the fog of Walk/TLWF conditioning. Judging by page views, there's still interest in what is being written here (1,050,869 views to date). Let us continue.
#movingforward

Date: October 23, 2019 11:45PM

There still remain those who believe that they are the elite, the chosen few, the faithful, the Gideon's 300. They have mulishly refused to read Shalom's letters, or the thousands of posts on her Facebook page, most likely out of fear of being rejected by "Christ in the Flesh". Two days remain until the anniversary of this remarkable feat of love and faith. I suggest that those who have not done so take this opportunity to read and listen to the cries of the wounded who were treated so horribly. The truth will not hurt you. It will set you free.

[thelivingwordfellowshipthewholetruth.org]

Posted by: typer ()
Date: October 24, 2019 12:16AM

Thank you Reepicheep. So true. I posted on pages 846-849 (one about Gideon's 300). Very thankful for Shalom, and the three courageous women filing sexual abuse lawsuits. I still feel the only thing that saved Peter from his condemnation when denying the Lord was when Jesus changed Peter's focus after the resurrection to making loving and caring for the sheep (people) THE ONLY issue. Not some man's DAMN position OR MONEY.

A true heart has grieving when a sheep is lost (no crapping joy when there is a sifting); Jesus going after and restoring the one that was lost and then going back to the other 99.

Date: October 24, 2019 01:11AM

A post by typer from March of this year:

Posted by: typer
Date: March 09, 2019 11:14AM

New to the site. Been reading since Oct. 2018 when my wife and I went to a Palmer Lake church meeting and found out in one fell swoop about Rick's predator nature. Haven't had a church service since. I read pages 668-present and 1-423. Shalom is very courageous. I came into the group in 1972 in Campbell, CA under Howard Kline.

I remember whenever there were what is called "siftings" everyone that made it through would cheer, like I must be really spiritual and part of Gideon's 300. I always hated that thinking because where was the love for the people? Christ said the true shepherd would go find the one (hurt, bleeding and lost), and restore them to health. I don't remember pastors taking a week or two off from the 99 or more people they pastored to go help those that got hurt. Anyway, that is a start. I have a lot bottled up that needs to come out over time. This forum has really been helping me. I am now seeing what restored Peter after he denied the Lord was when Jesus was able to change his focus to loving and tending the sheep (people ... I know sheep isn't a too popular word). When Peter really cared for what Christ cared for (and died for); that helped his restoration into fellowship with the Lord with no condemnation. Peter still made mistakes (Paul had to correct him for hypocrisy in treating Gentile Christians different that Jewish Christians in Acts); but thank God he was open to letting Paul correct his wrong thinking and fear of man.

Date: October 24, 2019 06:47AM

Thanks for re-posting typer's earlier post, Changed. And thank you, typer, for your insightful posts. That one was no doubt still inspiring me when I mentioned Gideon's 300. After reading what you wrote yesterday, I went back and read all of your posts. I'm pretty sure that our paths must have crossed in the 1970s. What happened to you and your wife at TLW is beyond the pale. We definitely knew all the same people. So glad you got out of there and your family had a chance for a bit of sanity. You know, when I think back on the way that most of us were required to live, and compare that to the lavish lifestyles of the rich and "famous" (or infamous) cult leaders who commanded our minds, souls and bodies, it makes me ill. I thank all of us and whatever higher power we believe in every day that we are no longer slaves to TLWF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2019 06:50AM by Reepicheep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.