Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 18, 2019 11:28PM

I think Hargrave Family Ministries is now Hargrave Ministries.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: October 18, 2019 11:54PM

Posted by: changedagain
Date: October 18, 2019 08:58AM

Onion Wrote:

> Most of the time (IMHO), attention was given to
> Rick's four marriages preceded by divorce so that
> there could be adequate cover for his sexual
> assaults of women and young girls. G&M would call
> for help with the congregation in turmoil but
> would hide the extremes his conduct was taking.

I do recall in a 'living word' message the congregation being warned not to allow any of what info surfaces shake them from their "revelation." I'm still not exactly sure what that means. Perhaps that people in the fellowship may no longer see him as a "man of God," assuming they ever did?
#KingDavid

During the last such divorce/remarriage episode, the congregation was warned "not to gossip", and several apostolic ministries reiterated their love and acceptance of Rick. 8 [

Posted by: Lenai Luttrull ()
Date: October 19, 2019 02:54AM

My sister and I lived in the Blix house for a while with my mom Dena Luttrull.I was maybe 10 and my sister 5. I remember falling off a car in the driveway and hit my head. My mom did editing for publications. I remember Maryann and Martha who were both deaf and taught me sign language. I also remember a man named Happy. We went to the school as well. My grandfather was Mel Bailey, Brother Steven's right hand man. Do you know me?

Posted by: Lenai Luttrull ()
Date: October 19, 2019 03:21AM

Hi Mary my name is Lenai. I am Darolynn's sister. Do you know me? Also do you know what city the school was in. I remember taking long bus rides to school!

Date: October 19, 2019 03:58AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> During the last such divorce/remarriage episode,
> the congregation was warned "not to gossip", and
> several apostolic ministries reiterated their love
> and acceptance of Rick.

Anyone who did not trust Rick, and warned the vulnerable (young women) to stay out of his orbit, should be commended...whether they were guilty of "gossip" or not. Meanwhile, it was obvious he was receiving protection/sympathy from the very top of the authority chain. The 'apostolic ministries' made sure the congregation knew he was "loved and accepted"--seemingly no matter what he did. I can't recall ever hearing a concern voiced by leadership about those he exploited. But I suppose that would be a tacit acknowledgement that they knew of his wrongdoing, and didn't deal with it properly--legally and ethically. They don't want to go down that path.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2019 03:59AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 19, 2019 05:09AM

Yes, HFM has officially amended its corporate name to Hargrave Ministries.

Hi Lenai, I just posted a response to your note on the Rumors group. I'm sorry I don't remember you and your sister but I do remember your mom very well.

There was a church school in Orange County and then it closed and the students traveled all the way up to the Valley to Centers of Learning in North Hills by the Valley church (Church of the Living Word). My cousin John Judah McClane was one who traveled that distance too. Did you know him? We have lost contact because he is acting as the Elder at CLW, and I think I am pretty well categorized as the devil these days. Hopefully, we will all be able to reunite with our loved ones.

You are safe here to tell your stories, and it is terrific to hear from people in your age group. Welcome.

Date: October 21, 2019 01:56PM

i don't know who you are . I came to LA in 1976,worked at TLW EVERYDAY knew everyone around the Blix house at least a little. I have no memory of you all but I can tell you that neither of John's daughters were deaf. They may have taught you to sign but not because they were deaf
We knew Judah very well back then A really lost kid. Hope he found some purpose in his life other than cult.

Posted by: 4generation ()
Date: October 22, 2019 02:03AM

Hello everyone,

I will make a brief personal presentation, as I prefer to remain anonymous for now. But I can say that I am a young man who was born within TLWF here in Brazil.

I have been following this forum for many years and I can say that many things that have been said here are true and that all the pastors mentioned here and involved in the accusations also follow this forum.

Because of this, I thought it appropriate to write here to speak directly to TLWF's senior leadership. There would be a lot to talk about, but I will try to write more later.

The damage this leadership has done to young people is immeasurable, but the worst of all is that the fellowship leaders (haworths, esteves, hargraves, hoolbroks) never retract or acknowledge their personal mistakes.

We can keep talking for years about John's mistakes and how there were idolatry or wrong doctrines since the inception, but none of this is ever comparable to the system of control and abuse of people that was created, developed and manipulated by Gary & Marylin and his APCO throughout the fellowship.

What needs to be understood, at least for the older generation, is that what was called "counseling" was never a spiritual counseling or covering, but an oppressive, authoritarian system that removed the right to free will from a whole generation who have been taught from the womb to live to "create life for spiritual parents."

This is the most cruel, satanic, and perverse teaching there could be in any kind of "cult". And after all that, those who called themselves Christ in the flesh did not repent, did not let go of power, divide the congregation, and did not confess the truth. They just hide and are waiting for the right moment to return and have their ministries restored.

One thing I will adress to you Gary, Silas and others. There is no restoration without confession. There is no restoration without repair. There is no restoration without the truth being expose. So far we have not seen any of this, and the window of opportunity for this is closed.

What I would like to call and ask everyone who is reading this post and this forum is that we start a movement, either here autonomously or by restoring the Facebook survivors group, but somehow we cannot continue to allow these abusers to ever hurt people again, hurt our parents, the people we love and allow injustices to happen to those who have been brainwashed in this cult.

I know the backlash is huge and we are still suffering and in internal conflict with everything that has happened. But we can never again allow people to use God's name to control, harass, and manipulate people for their own benefit.

So let's tell our stories, talk about what's been going on this past year, the abuse and manipulation that still exists in the fellowship. Expose the truth so that it is impossible for them to remain hidden or trying to return to the power. Let's talk about how our churches are doing now, what has happened, so that we find a final freedom not just for us who see the truth, but for everyone who is still having trouble seeing.

Sorry for my poor english, hoping to see more young ones here. ;)

Date: October 22, 2019 02:15AM

TRUE
Welcome to the discussion group. 4generation.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 22, 2019 02:37AM

4 G E N E R A T I O N

WELCOME 'officially' to the fold.

Your contribution is invaluable in that there has been little input from your generation, and from Brazil in general. There are probably far more Brazilians who have come to the U.S. over the years than Americans visiting there, so many of us barely have any concept of life down south, especially regarding church dynamics.

You are probably correct regarding TLW leadership monitoring of this sight, but over the last year with the veil rent and misdeeds exposed, the fear-factor has definitely diminished regarding being candid here.

Please feel free to contribute to your heart's content knowing full well that there are far more for you than against you.

(Your English far exceeds most of our Portuguese.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.