Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: October 12, 2019 06:21AM

Just in, tomorrow morning there is a sale at shiloh. Tools in the Maintenance building, small household items in family room and in the hallways.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 12, 2019 06:51AM

Road to Damascus - Are you going to attend the sale? It would be interesting to hear a description of those attending. Locals? Former members? No one?

I hope people can get a really good deal on necessities.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: October 12, 2019 10:54PM

Posted by: Imapurple
Date: October 10, 2019 10:15AM

i remember being over at G & M’ s once and they were talking casual about how in the future, unless you you had at least three or four million in the bank you’d be in real trouble. Your life would be really horrible and you wouldn’t be able to make it. I remember leaving the house that night feeling so defeated and down knowing I would never have that kind of money and wouldn’t be able to cover my family. Now I look back and think what a horrible thing to say around someone like me who they knew wouldn’t be able to do that. It also showed me their drive for money and how to get it no matter what.

Imapurple, your post has been haunting me. How greedy and tone-deaf to the people around them and serving them could these "leaders" be? There really is no excuse for this attitude, lack of compassion and utter contempt for others' health and well-being. Apparently being a cult leader is quite lucrative, as long as you end up as "king of the mountain", something which these two individuals excelled at. But who would want that job? A narcissist, or a vicious, malignant person? Pathetic and decidedly un-christ-like. : (

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 12, 2019 11:48PM

In retrospect, I'm convinced both of them (G & M) found pleasure in uttering sadistic comments. I believe they knew what they were doing, who were in their midst, and what likely impact their comments would have on this person(s). I have examples from my own encounters with these channels of the "father's heart." They were everything but...unless I am completely deceived, and as John said--found 'God' unacceptable. /s

Date: October 12, 2019 11:49PM

p.s. remember, after John's death, Marilyn was listed as an apostolic father (along with her new husband).

#PapaMarilyn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2019 12:10AM by changedagain.

Date: October 13, 2019 08:05AM

Approximate 37,000 page views within the last 30 days. I guess there still is interest in the discussion that takes place here.
I may test it, however, by going off topic and posting the lyrics to Nickelback's 'Photograph' song. For some reason, it has been on my mind lately.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: October 13, 2019 08:09AM

Road to Damascus - how did you hear about this sale? Can anyone go? I'd be interested. I'm always up for a good auction or garage sale in this area!

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 13, 2019 08:44AM

JJJ - I think the sale is happening today but maybe tomorrow to. I heard about it after RoadTD posted from several people who still live in Kalona. I hope you go. You can always call the famous switchboard (319) 656-3156 and ask.

Look forward to your report if you go...and if you want to report.

Posted by: Darolynn1 ()
Date: October 13, 2019 10:52AM

Hi. I just found this forum. My parents were heavily active in the walk is the late 70’s early 80’s I don’t have many memories as I think I blocked a lot out. I do however remember going to the church in Anaheim as well as the school affiliated with the Walk. I remember a lot of abuse in the school. I was only 5-9 during this time. My parents refuse to talk about their involvement. I’m just trying to get more info if anyone was there during this time and put some pieces together. I also remember being at the Blix house at a very early age. Where was this located? By mammoth any chance?

Thank you!

Darolynn

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: October 13, 2019 11:22AM

Darolynn1,

The Blix house was in North Hollywood, adjacent to John Robert Stevens' house.

Did you go to the school in North Hills or in Anaheim?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.