Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 11, 2019 02:56AM

Gary calling for a “360 change”. What horseshit! 360 degrees would put you exactly back on the course you were on before the change. I.e. no change at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 11, 2019 03:11AM

I didn't think of that, Puddington. You're right, a 360 change would bring you back to the starting point.

Date: October 11, 2019 03:19AM

Howmidoing wrote:
Apparently, there has been a revelation that there has been a lot of hurt and a lot of wrong things that have gone on.

In the year 2018, 34 years after assuming the "mantle," he receives a 'revelation' there's been a lot of hurt and wrong things that have gone on within the fellowship. So much for being a prophet of God.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 11, 2019 08:38AM

I heard that the letters POURED in after Gary called for the people to give input for the 360 change. And Puddington is so right, cracked me up that Gary was calling his efforts pretty much a circle starting and stopping at the same point. So many thoughts about that. A circle jerk would be an apt name. Or in a milder tone, one more time around the mountain.

I learned a lot of information in the past few days about just how horrific the control wielded by Rick Holbrook and his mother, Marilyn Cleland-Holbrook-Stevens-Hargrave, and Gary Hargrave was. Their poor business practices, lack of good sense, and enormous, narcissistic egos, cost the people in the walk fellowship MULTI-millions of dollars. Add the money spent by these demigods, the work of the people they thought of as their property, their peasants, and it drills ever more profound levels of dismay than before. My God, who were these people?

I am not still ruminating about the past. I am receiving additional details from entirely reliable sources at least weekly. My thinking and direction are clear. I am almost done. But more work needs to be done concerning financial consequences, and I have help to get 'er done.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: October 11, 2019 10:41AM

Forgive the irreverence, but I couldn't help but think tonight that what we REALLY need to do is get the Richmond Shooters (the pyrotechnics crew who put on the 4th of July show each year) together for one last hurrah and let THEM handle the demolition of Shiloh. Just a thought... :)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 11, 2019 03:51PM

J J J

We'll leave the pyrotechnic display up to you. FIRE IN THE WHOLE!

O N I O N

It sounds like you may have had your 'meet & greet' with IMaPURPLE. (Pure speculation.)

Most of us are extremely appreciative of your honest efforts to right a wrong that so egregiously harmed so many. I for one shake my head almost daily at the disclosures made by our valuable whistle-blowers. Like art mimicking life, our cult seems to be reflecting the news.

Keep up the GOOD work. Your honest reporting is necessary to uncover all the fake news we were spun for so many decades.

Date: October 11, 2019 11:31PM

Onion wrote:
And Puddington is so right, cracked me up that Gary was calling his efforts pretty much a circle starting and stopping at the same point. So many thoughts about that. A circle jerk would be an apt name.

It would lead to the same level of change within leadership (IMO).

Date: October 11, 2019 11:32PM

kBOY Wrote:

> Most of us are extremely appreciative of your
> honest efforts to right a wrong that so
> egregiously harmed so many. I for one shake my
> head almost daily at the disclosures made by our
> valuable whistle-blowers. Like art
> mimicking life, our cult seems to be reflecting
> the news.
>
> Keep up the GOOD work. Your honest reporting is
> necessary to uncover all the fake news we were
> spun for so many decades.

Yes

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 12, 2019 04:36AM

No, I have not had a discussion with Imapurple. I don't know who he or she is. I'm not even allowing myself to try to figure it out with respect to his/her concern for the family.

I recently spoke to former Shiloh people who not only have a great deal of integrity but also a great deal of information in my ongoing quest to "follow the money."

Here are some of the topics I hope to post about in the next week or so:

1. The potato principle as a prelude to employment termination - blue is red.

2. Amphitheater costs and use.

3. Cemetery costs and design interference by Rick (started in 2004 when close to $50k was paid in an initial retainer of architects). It is estimated that over $3MM was spent so far under Rick's plans that were disapproved by everyone, including building professionals. More details are coming.

4. The condition of Shiloh makes commercial use impossible so the tear-down in likely and probably best.

5. Rick's takeover of the 200-wing every summer. No questions were allowed.

As with all things Los Angeles, I learned that asking questions about what Rick was doing at Shiloh usually resulted in the start of potato-ing that led to eventual termination. (Eventual in the sense that months, even years, of torture as a potato had to occur before they set someone free.)

I still have not been able to dig up info on the funds that were held in "The Trust." Those funds were handled as secretly as everything was done and is being done at TLW/CLW. I would love to hear from someone who knows how the trust was used before and after the implosion.

I heard (a while back) that as of the corporate changes in 1992, the trust was funneling money to Hargraves by the wheelbarrow (metaphorically). I hope to obtain facts and figures concerning the Trust, APCO policy and funds, TLW policy and funds, and severance pay.

I learned that Margo has been moved down (or removed?) from Centers of Learning and that some who continue to be involved in the school want the school to stay -- but not the church. It will be interesting to see how that unfolds.

There has been a fourth lawsuit filed in Los Angeles by a man who was abused repeatedly in L.A. It is dated July, but I just read it in the public record recently. Gary and Rick are in deep, profound trouble.

Date: October 12, 2019 05:34AM

Thanks for sharing, Onion.

Onion:
I heard (a while back) that as of the corporate changes in 1992, the trust was funneling money to Hargraves by the wheelbarrow (metaphorically).

I think they needed 3-4 million just to survive, and perhaps the rest they decided to channel into the Kingdom. Not sure.
/s

Imapurple wrote,
i remember being over at G & M’ s once and they were talking casual about how in the future, unless you you had at least three or four million in the bank you’d be in real trouble. Your life would be really horrible and you wouldn’t be able to make it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.