Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 09, 2019 11:04PM

Congrats kBOY for the 9900th post in this discussion group, a discussion that was initiated by Altar Kent on February 23, 2004 when he asked if anyone was familiar with this abusive 'movement.' I guess he got his answer, assuming he checked in at some point to see if there were any responses.
Anyway, I know you deserve some sort of prize for this timely post, and the only thing I have right now is an affirmation that I learned years ago signifying I am in agreement with someone. I hope that will do:
AMEN! THAT'S RIGHT!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 09, 2019 11:07PM

Reep:
JRS once shocked me by commenting to me that one of his family members who was also a pastor/apostle had "cheated on his wife so many times" that he now was obliged to do whatever she said.

nice
/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2019 11:13PM by changedagain.

Date: October 10, 2019 01:12AM

The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Altar_Kent ()
Date: February 23, 2004 12:18AM

Is anyone familiar with this movement?

Hi Altar_Kent,
It sounds vaguely familiar. I'll see what I can find out.

p.s. sorry it took so long to respond to your post. I'm usually a little more prompt (within a 5-year time frame).

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 10, 2019 04:47AM

Altar Kent —

I don’t know much about the Shiloh cult, but they sure know how to build a snazzy cemetery.

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: October 10, 2019 10:15AM

i remember being over at G & M’ s once and they were talking casual about how in the future, unless you you had at least three or four million in the bank you’d be in real trouble. Your life would be really horrible and you wouldn’t be able to make it. I remember leaving the house that night feeling so defeated and down knowing I would never have that kind of money and wouldn’t be able to cover my family. Now I look back and think what a horrible thing to say around someone like me who they knew wouldn’t be able to do that. It also showed me their drive for money and how to get it no matter what.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 10, 2019 02:51PM

I M a P U R P L E

All those millions would be coming from those who worked so hard that the 'upward flow' would drain their own bank accounts.

A very sad legacy from those who we thought their #1 priority was the 'word'.

From our bank account to theirs . . .

Date: October 10, 2019 07:52PM

KBOY wrote:
A very sad legacy from those who we thought their #1 priority was the 'word'.

True, kBOY. What monstrous hypocrites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 07:54PM by changedagain.

Date: October 10, 2019 08:17PM

This comment by kbyrne from May of this year:

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: May 04, 2019 04:58PM

Catching up on the last few weeks of posts, so appreciative of those that continue to share. Thanks to those that have kept us updated on Shiloh. In reading the articles it made me wonder who actually owns Shiloh? Who will benefit financially from any deals done?

It saddens me to think about people that blew out and were treated horribly. I can see faces, but have unfortunately forgotten names. I remember being told when one guy blew out, he had developed 7 different forms of cancer. Bizarre. But you learned quickly that you wanted to stay away from blowouts. It was self-preservation, which, of course, brought its own feelings of guilt.

Talking about the paltry wages at Shiloh and kingdom businesses, it was also disapproved of to seek any kind of government assistance. I was reprimanded for getting my wisdom teeth pulled at the University of Iowa Dental School, for free, because I was willing to be a Guinea pig for a dental student. I was basically asked why I did it without asking or telling someone. Again, the guilt was piled on. Don't draw any attention to Shiloh, to the TLW. So afraid of outside scrutiny. We can't be seen as not taking care of the "little people," when in reality, they weren't taking care of the little people. People cover things up when they know what they're doing is wrong.

I know there were those that worked and had good jobs outside of TLW, who TLW was dependent on to bring the money in. I'd be interested to know what kind of pressure was applied to them to give their money.

And a word about GH. He never had John's charisma. I remember not wanting to transcribe his services, and I don't believe I ever did.

Date: October 10, 2019 11:43PM

kbyrne wrote:
And a word about GH. He never had John's charisma. I remember not wanting to transcribe his services, and I don't believe I ever did.

I think he compensated by exuding confidence and conviction, giving people the impression he was was an authority on whatever he happened to be speaking about. Yeah, it couldn't have been much fun transcribing what he said.

Date: October 11, 2019 01:15AM

A post by howmidoing a little over a year ago:

Posted by: howmidoing ()
Date: September 22, 2018 12:47PM

Hi Everyone,

I have not been on for a long time, nearly a year. I needed to stop thinking about it. I also realized there is nothing I can do. And keep moving forward.

But I wanted to tell you and everyone here that something interesting is happening at CTLW.

My parents called me today to say that Gary Hargrave is wanting to changing things there. Apparently, there has been a revelation that there has been a lot of hurt and a lot of wrong things that have gone on. They want to have a 360 change (I think that's what they called it) and they are asking anyone that is willing to make contact either anonymously or openly and to let them know, either in email, letter or call, their story. What happened to you, why you left. They want to change and heal the past hurts to be able to move forward and not repeat the same mistakes

My response:
Posted by: changedagain
Date: September 22, 2018 01:42PM

Does he know it needs to start with him? That the law may get involved at some point?
This can not be just another one of the countless surface level changes that TLWF has made through the years, while promising major overhauls & accountability. It's my view TLWF has not earned the trust needed to get people (such as many in the forum) involved in what is most likely to be yet another con game of pretending to be open to change, while taking the information provided to plan the next move.
Here's a suggestion: work with the people that are presently in the fellowship. Avoid making contact with those who have left the fellowship. If things start changing on a deep level with those who remain, people who left will know. It's a slow process, no short cuts. Sorry about that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.