Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: October 05, 2019 01:07PM

Just so much to make me shake my head. :) Thanks for the info, Onion. There are still a whole lot of questions, but that does give a lot of clarity. I guess we'll wait and see.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 05, 2019 05:17PM

All those details are a bit overwhelming.

It is interesting to think that Shiloh morphed into what it is today over a period of almost half a century and may see itself come to a very unceremonious end in quick fashion.

The demise of Shiloh will symbolically put an end to any hopes that the 'good old days' will ever be restored.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 05, 2019 10:55PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This whole thing strikes me as being similar to
> the cruise ship Costa Concordia that shipwrecked
> off the coast of Italy. The captain was one of
> the first off the ship. To me, this is Gary to a
> T. Saving himself and to hell with the sheep.

At least Costa Cruises compensated the victims--perhaps, in part, to avoid criminal charges:

Wikipedia:
The total cost of the disaster, including victims' compensation, refloating, towing and scrapping costs, is estimated at approximately $2 billion, more than three times the $612 million construction cost of the ship.[13][14] Costa Cruises offered compensation to passengers (to a limit of €11,000 per person) to pay for all damages, including the value of the cruise. 65% of the survivors took the offer.

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: October 06, 2019 12:03PM

It’s really a trip to think of Shiloh being leveled. I was there starting in 1976 making $80 a Month. I was also there though out the years as part of the 4th of July shows. I remember JRS saying to me one night when we were alone outside his apartment that one day this will all be destroyed. I was close to him and was always taken back by things he said to me. Like when he was dying at home in North Hollywood at Kling And was repenting to Martha for everything he had done.
MH never knew he was saying this because I didn’t write it down in the notes we were to keep. I think this is such a time of great change and exposure . We have all been through so much . This very well could be the year of Jubilee. It just never comes like you expected .

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 06, 2019 03:31PM

Imapurple - Thank you for your post. It confirms what I have said about everything being written down. I heard from someone else that worked in the room with him that he also cried out for his daughters. Did you hear that as well?

I was at Blix handling admin and finances all during that time. I worked some on typing up the notes from the room where he lay dying. I also carefully read those logs in detail in the mid-to-late 90s. IMO Marilyn would not let anything be typed up about his crying out for his family so even if you wrote it down it would have been removed.

Also IMO the fact that NOTHING is said in those logs about JRS giving Gary guidelines to take care of Marilyn and take over the churches means clearly nothing like that happened. What are your thoughts?

I could ask you a hundred questions because it means so much to have another person that was there speaking up. You were in a far closer/more personal involvement than I was and would really appreciate hearing more of what you remember. We can probably corroborate a lot of info.

Thank you.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 06, 2019 11:17PM

Yes, thank you for sharing your first-hand accounts of a momentous time period in Walk history, Imapurple. It's obvious there has been so much misinformation spread through the fellowship that originated with Marilyn, motivated by a quest for money and power (what's new?). I do hope you continue.

It’s really a trip to think of Shiloh being leveled. I was there starting in 1976 making $80 a Month

Any sadness about the possibility of it being leveled is centered on those who, in good faith, sacrificed so much of their lives to building the place. I couldn't care less about the leaders who exploited their innocence.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: October 07, 2019 03:26AM

I also wonder about "The Building" and That Studio in No. Hollywood. And how about the party house, Rayen?, near CLW?

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 07, 2019 04:52AM

The building and the SECOND building, That Studio, Rayen Resort, the horse facility at COL, COL itself.

Misuse of funds. Using money given in offerings for other purposes. Lying to people about what they were giving to and for.

Horrible business decisions by over-building at a high cost in a neighborhood where the costs can never be recovered. That applies to anything Rick had anything to do with. Will anyone want such an expensive property as Rayen Resort knowing their children will be in gang-banger territory?

Volunteers used for remodeling personal homes in CA and HI (and probably more).

Personal use of church property (again don't forget the horse barn).

I had a dream last night that I was at Gary & Marilyn's house speaking to them. Gary had some physical issues. They were kidding around about how the phone never rings. Kevin and Kane came over. Kevin ignored me but I got to hug Kane. Everyone in the dream was about 10 years younger than they are now. Then I asked Marilyn how she was handling the exposure of things, especially Rick. She kind of freaked out and fluttered and wouldn't speak of it. I left shortly thereafter. Marti came up to me as I was walking away (she was much younger) and she was excited that I was going to help the family again and try and resurrect their church leadership. I stopped and looked at her in amazement and told her I was not on their side just because I checked in with them and that I was going to keep working on getting everything exposed to continue shutting down the churches. And I believed no one in her family should be allowed in the "ministry" ever again. She stomped away.

Just a dream but it felt good. No anger, no yelling, just truth.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 07, 2019 09:06AM

O N I O N

Obviously, your subconscious is working overtime.

Hopefully IMaPURPLE will stay engaged and continue to fill in more blanks. The contributions already made just add more puzzle pieces to a more sordid tale than any of us who warmed the cheap seats for decades could have ever imagined.

The shocking lack of integrity and the enormous efforts to cover up such behavior is still a bit to process. The charade that was sustained for decades continues to pull the wool over the eyes of those who still refuse to see.

False prophets and wolves in sheep's clothing we thought were a dynamic outside the fellowship. The last thing we ever expected was that we, through our own blood, sweat and tears, would cultivate an environment for our own homegrown variety right in our midst.

We ignored 'caveat emptor' for far too long.

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: October 07, 2019 09:25AM

It was an interesting time. Rick couldn’t be in the room taking care of JRS because it was “ too hard for him” 100% complete BS. In fact he spent the whole time up at the studio having his affair with Shannon. That’s how much he really cared. Yet the fact JRS died left him with a whole bunch of lies he could tell young girls about fake words John gave him and ways to solicit Sympathy getting them to open up to him and then move in for the kill. Rick had so much dirt on G & M and they on him , after all the fighting was over they decided it would be better to let him do whatever he wanted and the same for them. Scott followed Rick so close if Rick came to a sudden stop , Scott’s head would go right up Ricks ass. He did that for decades. Sad, very sad because Rick didn’t even like Scott. It’s so good to see the whole thing fall apart.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.