Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 03, 2019 07:04AM

But didn't JRS always say things like OF COURSE people who blow out have easier lives, they're free from battle?

Which I think we all now know is slightly inaccurate....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: September 03, 2019 07:29AM

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 02, 2019 05:04PM

But didn't JRS always say things like OF COURSE people who blow out have easier lives, they're free from battle?

Which I think we all now know is slightly inaccurate....

That sounds like some perverted thing he would say, Onion. I always heard stories about traitors who left being killed in fiery car crashes because of their disobedience. And they were considered traitors against God for sure. Even years later when I left, I still thought I would be struck by lightning or face some other dire form of judgment.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 03, 2019 11:45AM

REEP:

My involvement lasted into 2009, and as far as I remember, it seemed like much of the JRS infused delusions had fairly dissipated by the time I left. I would venture to say, there was almost a thorough repudiation of much of the JRS doctrines, including:

1) Kingdom come by 1979
2) Door-opener apostle
3) 1000 prophets marching throughout the land
4) Conquering the seven realms
5) Violent intercession
6) Shiloh--the center of the universe
7) The Shape of Things to Come
8) Etc., etc., etc. . .

Not only that, much of the 70's wind had gone out of our sails by then and the anticipation/expectation level of anything dramatic actually happening was just about nil. The yearly schedule of feasts had been reduced to going through the motions as we were brow-beat with one 'new day' after another . . . which were just a repeat of the same Groundhog 'daze'.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 03, 2019 11:34PM

kBoy wrote:
"The yearly schedule of feasts had been reduced to going through the motions as we were brow-beat with one 'new day' after another . . . which were just a repeat of the same Groundhog 'daze'."

Yes
Seeking a healthy mental & emotional state is now the 'front lines' for many that have left TLWF and entered the 'outside world.' Just realizing the freedom to pursue different routes in reaching this goal is novel--not having to go down the prescribed, stale path dictated by former leaders. It's refreshing to embrace some real freedom, and the insecurity that often goes along with it.

Date: September 04, 2019 04:18AM

C H A N G E D:

BRAVO! The stunted growth we all experienced is a tragedy all it's own. So much potential suppressed and 'exorcised' for the sake of a warped and convoluted pipe dream.

May we all relish the freedom of being out from under an oppressive overlord, and cultivate an ear for that STILL SMALL VOICE that is truly able to lead each one of us into an actual N E W D A Y.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 04, 2019 06:41AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But didn't JRS always say things like OF COURSE
> people who blow out have easier lives, they're
> free from battle?

Too bad he didn't accurately describe it as perpetual drama.

Date: September 04, 2019 08:22AM

Speaking of battle . . .

With all that has come to light regarding the backside lives of both JRS and G&M, the concept of going to 'battle' for them is all the more ridiculous. The mental contortions they were experiencing had nothing to do with 'principalities & powers' trying to stifle the 'word', but had everything to do with the guilt surrounding their own duplicity and hypocrisy, and most certainly contributed to their substance abuse.

Drowning their guilt was coupled with the expenditure of the wasted hours of our youth 'storming the gates of HEAVEN' that had nothing to do with all those devils hiding behind every fire hydrant.

Going to the store for a newspaper has never been easier . . .

Date: September 06, 2019 05:25AM

Safe Sheep: Church Abuse Awareness

After reading all the Baptist pastor predator stories and the Catholic Priests abuse of children you might think the odd Charismatic churches don’t seem so crazy anymore........ but wait.

Before you dive into the world of demons and angels, visions, tongues, health, wealth and prosperity, slain in the spirit, laughing uncontrollably, dancing in the aisles, sweaty screaming pastors, televangelist and lots of rich jet setting leaders you need to see this story of one of their big evangelist.

[www.christianpost.com]

Article: Fresh Fire leader Todd Bentley accused of ‘perverse sexual addiction,’ preying on interns

[www.christianpost.com]

Date: September 06, 2019 05:34PM

R E E P

Not only just reading the article itself, but perusing the headlines above, highlights the 'trouble in River City' for Christianity as a whole.

To go from the organic nature of the GOSPEL of LOVE to the monstrosity that Christianity has become, only emphasizes the insanity of making it all about the messenger while completely distorting the message.

With the GOSPEL being lost in translation, it then constitutes fake news.

Date: September 06, 2019 09:26PM

Another post from Safe Sheep: Church Abuse Awareness, this time about Billy Graham's grandson.

Tullian doesn’t believe there is a power differential or professional boundaries between pastor and congregant. Sex is consensual between pastor and congregant above the age 17. This just sends chills up my spine. I think many pastors deep down believe this even if they publicly say the opposite. Women take notice!!

If only I had understood the lack of enforceable professional boundaries I would have sought out a licensed counselor to talk to. I believed pastors (especially ones with biblical counseling degrees) were a safe and ethical option to be vulnerable with. Nothing is further from the truth!!!!! If you wouldn’t share it with a male neighbor DON’T share it with a clergy person.!!!

Women....... use the church for entertainment and friends. Do not use it for anything that is personal.

[www.christianitytoday.com]

"Women....... use the church for entertainment and friends. Do not use it for anything that is personal."

In TLWF, men, women and children were taught to SUBMIT, SUBMIT, SUBMIT!.

This is a recipe for disaster. Never again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.