Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 02, 2019 06:40AM

Changedagain - I agree. To attempt reconciliation with any of the leaders we now know were complicit in the dirty dealings financial and who were directly responsible for direct spiritual and emotional abuse of SO many people for SO many years, is a guarantee of failure.

I have handled mediations many times. It consists of two people at opposite positions, discussing and compromising and eventually reaching an agreement they can live with. It is often said that a successful mediation should leave both sides a little disappointed.

The problem with the walk folks is there should have been admissions of liability, some remorse for the harsh abuse, and some evidence that they were willing to take responsibility for what they have done - especially in the misuse of funds and service from people who barely kept enough to live on or feed their family.

There needs to be movement from the leadership side BEFORE any offers of reconciliation. There really isn't a starting point at this time, unfortunately.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 02, 2019 07:15AM

Onion wrote:
"The problem with the walk folks is there should have been admissions of liability, some remorse for the harsh abuse, and some evidence that they were willing to take responsibility for what they have done - especially in the misuse of funds and service from people who barely kept enough to live on or feed their family.
There needs to be movement from the leadership side BEFORE any offers of reconciliation. There really isn't a starting point at this time, unfortunately."

True. The magnitude of wrongdoing by former TLWF leadership is diminished by this approach, at least now.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 02, 2019 08:28AM

Even Jimmy Swaggart got up in front of the folks to shed crocodile tears.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: September 02, 2019 10:30PM

For former TLWF laborers taking a rest today, here's an article from the Aplogetics Index - Religious Cults, Sects and Doctrines

[www.apologeticsindex.org]

MANIFEST SONS OF GOD

Part of Neo-Pentecostalism.

The teaching that in the last days, a "new breed" of Christians will arise - the "Manifest Sons of God" - who will have super-natural spiritual power and be instrumental in subduing the earth. This movement is also referred to as "Joel's Army."

'Subduing the earth' means that a militant church (Joel's Army) will arise, take over and rule the world politically and spiritually.

It is claimed that the 'Manifest Sons of God' will be perfected into their "glorified bodies" prior to Christ's return. That perfection will allow them to subdue the earth for Jesus. Proponents of this doctrine also claim Christians, having a "divine nature," become "gods." They say Christ came into us as a "seed" and grows into a "prophet." Thus Christ does not physically return, but returns within us. The rapture, according to this doctrine, will be of the wicked - not of believers.

See also: New Apostolic Reformation

This teaching is part of what is known as 'dominion theology' which teaches that an elite army of 'overcomers' will either destroy or subdue all the enemies of Christ until they eventually gain power and authority throughout the world. The government of the nations will be upon their shoulders and when all the secular authorities, governments, princes and kings have finally submitted to them, Christ will return and they will present the kingdom to him.
Source: Clifford Hill, "Prophecy Today," Vol. 7, No. 1 Eng., as cited in "Joel's Army," 1991, Jewel van der Merwe, Discernment Min.

The doctrine also includes the idea that Jesus was sent as a "pattern" for the corporate church (Corporate church in this context means that the church becomes Christ. Christ is considered not complete without us because he is the head and we are the body).

The current church, according this this view, has the "spirit of the anti-Christ."

This teaching is akin to gnosticism

This teaching is promoted in some of today's controversial Renewal and Revival Movements (e.g. by Paul Cain).

Articles
The Manifest Sons of God Teaching (Contra) Overview by Mike Oppenheimer
Books - Online

Strange Fire - The Rise of Gnosticism In The Church Deals extensively with the Manifest Sons of God movement. By Travers and Jewel van der Merwe

P.S. John Robert Stevens is also listed on this site. But he did not start the Manifest Sons Doctrine. It came from William Branham and the Latter Rain Movement. The same Latter Rain Movement that JRS repeatedly claimed to have left behind after God told him to stay away.

Date: September 02, 2019 11:53PM

If I recall correctly, John would often emphasize to the congregation how "original" the word he brought was, and that the people couldn't get this "revelation" of what God was doing anywhere else. He claimed his apostolic word was framing a new age.
Is this correct? I don't think I'm misrepresenting how he regarded the importance of his ministry. If so, weigh in.

Date: September 02, 2019 11:54PM

note: the only promise I haven't let go of is the one about senior housing in Shiloh. For some reason I'm tenacious about it.

Date: September 03, 2019 03:41AM

Hope everyone is having a pleasant day. I don't mean to be a downer, but I have been struggling with a nasty cold the past couple weeks. I haven't gone to the doctor, of course, because I am convinced it is the result of satanic battle. Anyway, if any of you can find it your hearts to wake up between 3-4 a.m. this next morning and labor through this with me, I would be much obliged. I could use a few spiritual warriors at my side. I'm no longer young, when I could easily handle a few principalities on my own.
Anyway, keep enjoying your day. Oh yeah--don't forget to be cordial to everyone you meet!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 03:42AM by changedagain.

Date: September 03, 2019 03:49AM

Changed, your cold is either battle because satan is afraid of you or battle because satan is not afraid of you since you are out from under your covering. Not sure which, but it is always one or the other (or both). Sorry if the above was a trigger...it was for me. Monster headache. Carry on.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 03, 2019 06:00AM

REEP:

Since the majority of the 20-somethings that signed up for the 'grand illusion' of the 70's were no Bible scholars, it is easy to see why the doctrines you laid out previously were such an easy sell. As old P.T Barnum was famous for sayin', "There is a sucker born every minute", and we just happened to be buyin'.

Date: September 03, 2019 06:23AM

kBOY, I was brought in by one of my parents as a kid in the sixties. I actually saw many problems at first, but after months of not having a choice, I eventually adapted, unfortunately.

As I was reading the above article about Manifest Sons, I saw many things that Gary Hargrave continued to teach and took further. For instance, that in the Rapture, the wicked are taken (somewhere) and God's sons are left. Also, Christ comes in his sons before coming back in physical form. The Living Word Fellowship definitely took the doctrines of The Walk and carried them into the present day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 06:33AM by Reepicheep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.