Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 31, 2019 04:28AM

I am not giving up on John's vision for a senior facility in Shiloh. IT WILL HAPPEN.

In Christ's Blood.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 31, 2019 06:14AM

I Woke Up - I just saw your post with the email from Shiloh. Without using your name (I Woke Up), may I post that letter to the entire Earth far and wide? And my I encourage everyone to do the same? All the FB groups that are related to TLWF should have it.

My initial response is that it is one of the better communications to come out of TLWF leadership because you can tell the writer was trying to be kind (what a concept!) and was even trying to be somewhat fair. But being better than prior communications is a very (VERY) low bar.

No one who has ever been a part of Shiloh should have been left out of the email communication. I personally spent months alone within 2 weeks after getting married because my husband went to help build Shiloh and I couldn't go with him because I had to run accounting for the L.A. churches. Later I was put on the Shiloh corporation and put in charge of its accounting department and one of my initial duties was contacting all the people who had their own little Shiloh bank accounts so they could control money to be spent in their departments and convincing them to turn everything over to me. I was totally involved in Shiloh by even just being the daughter of Dave & Meredith Wyatt who were both icons of Shiloh, Kalona (so I've been told).

And probably everyone ever in the walk has a similar story!

NO ONE who was part of Shiloh should be uncomfortable running into others from Shiloh - except Craig Haworth, Phyllis Haworth and perhaps some other Gary-bots I don't know about. Who the F--- do they think they are? People may still be angry and the law protects the Haworths from physical harm but a requirement of cordiality under an excuse that it's the Christian thing to do is bulls-it.

My two cents.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 31, 2019 03:27PM

Perhaps not with cordiality, but with a little bit of pity, for being such pathetic examples of the GOSPEL OF LOVE.

My $0.02.

(In Christ's blood.)

Posted by: I_woke_up ()
Date: August 31, 2019 08:33PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I Woke Up - I just saw your post with the email
> from Shiloh. Without using your name (I Woke Up),
> may I post that letter to the entire Earth far and
> wide? And my I encourage everyone to do the same?
> All the FB groups that are related to TLWF should
> have it.

> NO ONE who was part of Shiloh should be
> uncomfortable running into others from Shiloh -
> except Craig Haworth, Phyllis Haworth and perhaps
> some other Gary-bots I don't know about. Who the
> F--- do they think they are? People may still be
> angry and the law protects the Haworths from
> physical harm but a requirement of cordiality
> under an excuse that it's the Christian thing to
> do is bulls-it.
>
> My two cents.

Go ahead and share. I agree with your last paragraph. Not sure why C&P are still around and have their hand on everything if they “stepped down” unless they are still getting paid and/or want more money?! Does Haworth Family Ministries own any part of Shiloh or Marilyn Farms?

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 31, 2019 09:48PM

Posted by: I_woke_up
Date: August 31, 2019 06:33AM

Go ahead and share. I agree with your last paragraph. Not sure why C&P are still around and have their hand on everything if they “stepped down” unless they are still getting paid and/or want more money?! Does Haworth Family Ministries own any part of Shiloh or Marilyn Farms?

I hope that "Haworth Family Ministries" is a joke and not a real entity. I agree that "stepping down" seems to be a metaphorical term rather than an indication of true change in many key TLWF leaders. Step down, hide out, keep doing the same as before stepping down. Oh, and grab as much money and as many assets as posibble during this process. Live to "serve" another day.

Date: August 31, 2019 10:04PM

I_woke_up wrote:

You usually can't go wrong assuming there is a monetary motive to whatever 'former' TLWF leaders decide to do. it doesn't mean you can't be 'cordial' if you cross paths, however :) I suppose if there was a specific acknowledgement among former leaders of how their actions have harmed congregants through the years, and helped ruin many innocent lives, than yes...'reconciliation' could be on the table. But I haven't seen that...and I don't think anyone else has either. This situation is not symmetrical (both 'sides' are equally to blame for the present state of things). Presenting things in that manner is dishonest as a starting point for any possible 'reconciliation.'

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: September 01, 2019 12:26AM

JJJ,
I understand the discomfort. I too have that, and not feeing comfortable asking where people stand. When it is family members and long time friends that are spouting how John's word is so true, I clam up, red flag alert. It is wrong to label this anything but wrong. God's Word is God's. Anything else is usurping God in peoples lives. Come worship JRS, etc is what occurred and is still occurring for some. I have been approached by some that claim that only the ones that are left are truly hurting because they are still on the front lines, and that any who have left are deceived. Give me a break. Maybe that is why at this time I go to a church occasionally. I can worship God on my own and let Him heal my hurts from this group. I hope one day to be able to put my feet down in a church community, but right now I am gun shy and suspicious of every church. There is one that I enjoy once in awhile. I miss those I have known for a long time, but I wonder if I ever was truly comfortable since I was always treated as a second class member except by a few. What is real? Until I have answers to that and the questions Who am I, and how did I get sucked up into this, and Where do I go from here I guess I am in limbo. I was always told I had the gift of Faith, well right how the only thing I am holding on to is that since God is love, I can rest in the fact that each of us is loved. No faith remains.

Date: September 01, 2019 12:31AM

Thanks for sharing, Road to Damascus. Beautifully expressed.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: September 01, 2019 05:16AM

Posted by: Road to Damascus
Date: August 31, 2019 10:26AM

I have been approached by some that claim that only the ones that are left are truly hurting because they are still on the front lines, and that any who have left are deceived.

This is sad to hear, but not totally surprising. The front lines, God's chosen remnant...it never ends.

I hope one day to be able to put my feet down in a church community, but right now I am gun shy and suspicious of every church. There is one that I enjoy once in awhile. I miss those I have known for a long time, but I wonder if I ever was truly comfortable since I was always treated as a second class member except by a few. What is real? Until I have answers to that and the questions Who am I, and how did I get sucked up into this, and Where do I go from here I guess I am in limbo. I was always told I had the gift of Faith, well right how the only thing I am holding on to is that since God is love, I can rest in the fact that each of us is loved. No faith remains.

JRS used to tell a "joke" about a little boy who said that God almost ruined him. The point was supposed to be that people in The Walk would be ruined for any other church. And that was supposed to be funny. Road to Damascus, I share your desire to one day be able to trust and be part of a church community. But the sad fact is that I will never trust in the same way again, and maybe that's a good thing. But it's also sad. Much love to you.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 01, 2019 05:30AM

I Woke Up: Is there an entity under Haworth Family Ministries? Of course I will look it up but I would love to know what you've heard even if not verified because it will help my search. It would make sense that a G&M clone couple would establish a way to siphon money like they were taught. After all, didn't they have a crew working on the perfect tape labels for releasing Craig's sermons?

Did anyone (aside from Craig himself and Phyllis) ever think Craig's sermons were worth hearing? I never heard one but I have heard from a lot of people that they were as dead as the worship had become.

It really seems like there was a conspiracy to kill the holy spirit in the last 15-20 years of the walk. The conspirators were Gary Hargrave, Marilyn Hargrave, Rick Holbrook, Craig and Phyllis Haworth as far as I can tell. What a horrible legacy they leave.

I am so disappointed in Phyllis and Craig who I knew when they still believed in their own humanity versus scrambling for the throne.

The Shiloh email said it would pay for mediation counseling. I wonder - Will they also pay for counseling for members who were harmed by Shiloh - whether the harm was direct, horrible treatment or the PTSD so many feel from years lost to deception, or those who have broken hearts over the failure of the dream they believed was a word from God?

Road to Damascus - You deserve to have counseling paid for you because you are so representative of all of the people who were treated as subhuman by people who had power based on deception. A LOT of people need that help. Almost all of the survivors will likely be diagnosed with PTSD. My wish is for someone who perpetrated the lack of love and harshness (etc. etc.) to stand up and take responsibility, apologize and offer help even if it is out of their own pocket.

Are there NO heroes among former leaders? More so, are there NO righteous leader - men and women - who can stand up and be honest at this point? I believe there is a window of opportunity for former leaders to save their own souls by righteous acts of repentance to the ones they injured. That window is closing quickly (IMHO).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.