> My family was still in and I was
> called yearly to ask if I wanted to remain on the
> phone list. I said yes for a couple of years
> hoping someone would reach out and call me. But no
> one ever did. I think that the birthday list was
> just submitted every year to G&M because when I
> finally asked to be taken of the phone list the
> birthday cards stopped immediately.

That makes sense. Thanks for weighing in, Sunnyford.
p.s. I still have you on my phone list, even though I never reach out to you.
Do you still want to be on it? :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 15, 2019 11:04PM

Changedagain and SunnyFord and all other receivers of those infamous birthday cards...I suppose that G&M really put a lot of effort into that gesture of "love and caring". Oh, wait, it was actually the same signatures copied year after year. What a crock. Though I suppose it was the least they could do for people giving up their lives, families, bank accounts and sanity for them. : (

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2019 11:06PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: August 15, 2019 11:09PM

Aardvark, if you are going to post your views about how wonderful the Living Word Fellowship is, please don’t be surprised if you are not warmly received. I don’t think anyone will stop you as long as you are respectful to others. But please be aware that this is the Cult Education Institute forum. This is where people discuss toxic churches. Most forum members here agree that TLWF meets all the criteria of a harmful cult.

If you think you weren’t harmed perhaps you just don’t see it yet.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 15, 2019 11:59PM

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens new
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: August 15, 2019 08:09AM

Aardvark, if you are going to post your views about how wonderful the Living Word Fellowship is, please don’t be surprised if you are not warmly received. I don’t think anyone will stop you as long as you are respectful to others. But please be aware that this is the Cult Education Institute forum. This is where people discuss toxic churches. Most forum members here agree that TLWF meets all the criteria of a harmful cult.

Yes, without a doubt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2019 12:01AM by changedagain.

Date: August 16, 2019 12:05AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changedagain and SunnyFord and all other receivers
> of those infamous birthday cards...I suppose that
> G&M really put a lot of effort into that gesture
> of "love and caring". Oh, wait, it was actually
> the same signatures copied year after year. What a
> crock. Though I suppose it was the least they
> could do for people giving up their lives,
> families, bank accounts and sanity for them. : (

Putting in the least amount of effort to obtain the highest return.

Date: August 16, 2019 12:18AM

> G&M really put a lot of effort into that gesture
> of "love and caring". Oh, wait, it was actually
> the same signatures copied year after year.

Yeah, but no one wanted to be labeled as insecure ('Satan in the Kingdom'). So I decided to feel the love, even if it wasn't there ;)

Date: August 16, 2019 12:24AM

The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: shiloh_is_bad
Date: December 22, 2005 09:59PM

My father would listen to the tapes. Every week week I would go to the mailbox a see them, even when I was 8 yrs old I knew this was a mess. He would go to Shiloh once a month, i went there with him a few times and I would hang out with this kid a few yrs older than me, he was always there when i went. He knew it was wack too. He told me to just go along with everything and not to ask questions EVER. I remember it like yesterday: the chapel, the HUGE food storeage, the dorms, the locked doors on the inside. I'm glad to see this post, the images are coming back like a flood.

Are you saying it wasn't a pleasant experience?

p.s. sorry it took so long to respond to your post. In the future, I will make every effort to get back to you sooner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2019 12:39AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Aardvark ()
Date: August 16, 2019 12:58AM

Understood that I won’t be warmly received. The only reason I’m posting is that I’m trying to work through this stuff like everyone else. I’m looking for the truth about LWF which I believe requires balance and objectivity, along with honesty. I’m assuming the folks on this site have a similar desire.

I was at CLW (LA church) since 1972, worked with JRS and Hargrave for Word work, so probably a longer history at LWF than anyone posting on this site. So I believe my viewpoint is as valid as anyone else’s.

So, let the attacks begin. :)

Posted by: fool me twice ()
Date: August 16, 2019 01:28AM

Aardvark,
Firstly I do have to ask what is your point to ask these questions? No one here likely will state your viewpoint is not valid. I sure don't. That said, I first came to a service in what was then called the 'Walk' in 1961. I have several different family members that started as early as 1951. Ok enough of that, We both have enough history to say we have a view point. Off and on this 'cult' has been a factor in my life for many more years that I wish to explain. Let's forget we are talking about TLWF for just a moment. Please think of the term 'cult'. Does that leave a good though in your mind? For me I have to say not even close. Now again without thinking of TLWF please do some real research on cults. I, for one, fail to understand how you can say TLWF does not check nearly, if not all, boxes when cults are completely researched. While I traveled down this research path myself I first decided ok, GH & MH were not what we were led to believe. The more I did my homework I have to tell you JRS has far to many things he did that started this fellowship on this path. If you choose not to see any of this I'm ok with that. It's now my job to change your mind and I have little desire to do that. All I really know is that I would have spent the last 50 years very differently if I had known then even a few of the things I now believe to be true. The thing we need to be careful about is straining at gnats and swallowing the camel. My take is if you hear a few people saying something then it's quite possible they are deceived. If you hear 10 people saying it then perhaps you should at review things. If you hear twenty to fifty people saying the same thing then a wise person would say OMG what if just one of them is telling the truth! I rest my case.

Date: August 16, 2019 02:01AM

Aardvark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Understood that I won’t be warmly received. The o
> nly reason I’m posting is that I’m trying to work
> through this stuff like everyone else. I’m looking
> for the truth about LWF which I believe requires b
> alance and objectivity, along with honesty. I’m as
> suming the folks on this site have a similar desir
> e.
>
> I was at CLW (LA church) since 1972, worked with J
> RS and Hargrave for Word work, so probably a longe
> r history at LWF than anyone posting on this site.
> So I believe my viewpoint is as valid as anyone el
> se’s.

I was in TLWF for only 21 years. The half-dozen or so people I know personally who have been consistent contributors to this forum have each been in the cult for over 30 years. So experience shouldn't be an issue on either end. If what you're saying rings true--somewhat aligned with what others have experienced here--I doubt you will be "attacked." However, if it appears to be a fabrication, or distorted in some way, than yes--you will likely be challenged. That's the way it plays out in most walks of life.
As Fool Me Twice mentioned, there have been numerous people that have come forth through the years to share their stories, and overwhelmingly their experiences and presentation of facts have synced with others.

"I know I will be attacked for writing this, but smoking cigarettes has made me a much better long distance runner."
-anonymous

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.