Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: August 10, 2019 02:02AM

Several things come to mind. First the cemeteries. The one that has been to changed to make a tribute to Marilyn was before JRS just a plain cemetery. Over the years it became a place where you had to get permission to be buried there. There are families that have been waiting for years to have their loved ones placed there. Of course there is price to pay. It is meant only to honor those those in power viewed worthy to be in the same location as Marilyn and JRS. There has always been a 2 or 3 class system in play.
Next for years GH and MH sent out birthday and anniversary cards with a saying for the year. Soon after her funeral it was announced that the card would no longer go out, and a statement in passing was made that not everyone got them, and some times people who got them one year did not get one the next, that only those who Marilyn knew got them. Geez. There were those who were constantly abused and left out and made to feel like it was their own fault.
As far as I am concerned the things I feel about the cemetery is sorrow that those who came and gave their time and funds to build the monstrosity will see it torn down and any further emotional harm done to families.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 10, 2019 03:36AM

I can solve the question about one of the grave markers with all the XXXXX's.

When Ray Stanchfield passed away, I helped Inez contact people and let them know Ray had passed and invite them to his memorial that was in L.A. Inez asked me to find out from Marilyn what she would want printed on Ray's grave marker. I gave the answer from Marilyn to Inez in a little note I wrote her with some personal notes from me. The words Marilyn wanted were in quotes.

A few months later someone came back from Shiloh with some photographs of some of the headstones. Ray's headstone had every word from my note to Inez on it. I was horrified! I thought maybe Inez had made the mistake and I didn't want to make her feel bad but I knew I had to tell her. It turns out the mistake was made by the company that made the stone and she was fighting with them to have it fixed. Obviously the way they fixed it was tacky - but no secret drama was involved.

Ray and Inez were two of the loveliest people on earth. They are one of the few happy memories from the walk.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 11, 2019 03:28AM

Road to Damascus Wrote:

> Next for years GH and MH sent out birthday
> thday and anniversary cards with a saying for the
> year. Soon after her funeral it was announced that
> the card would no longer go out, and a statement
> in passing was made that not everyone got them,
> and some times people who got them one year did
> not get one the next, that only those who Marilyn
> knew got them.

After I left the fellowship in '98 I did receive a card on my birthday the subsequent two years. If I recall, it just consisted of a simple line, like "Thinking of You." I was tempted to respond to one of the cards with "Please Don't," but couldn't muster the effort. Also, their names were printed on the cards, which didn't exactly convey warmth. I chuckled about it, thinking how counterproductive the cards were in reestablishing a relationship--which never existed in the first place, of course. Perhaps that was the point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 03:57AM by changedagain.

Date: August 11, 2019 07:38AM

Possible response to the 'warm' birthday cards from G & M:
'Thank you for thinking about me. However, presently I am not missing a walk with fraud. Please move on.'

Date: August 11, 2019 08:04AM

1,150,094 page views to date...
I admit, early in the year I expected this group to completely disintegrate.
Not so--at least not yet :)

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 11, 2019 12:03PM

Posted by: changedagain
Date: August 10, 2019 06:04PM

1,150,094 page views to date...
I admit, early in the year I expected this group to completely disintegrate.
Not so--at least not yet :)

The reports of the demise of this forum are greatly exaggerated.:)

Date: August 11, 2019 11:33PM

reep wrote:
> The reports of the demise of this forum are
> greatly exaggerated.:)

I would send out some 'Thinking of You' cards to those who have 'blown out' from this forum, but I know that will raise the possibility of receiving at least one 'F**K You' card in response. Best let things be.
Anyway, wishing everyone a pleasant, cult-free Sunday!

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: August 11, 2019 11:51PM

If they end up moving all the bodies in the Shiloh cemetary to the cemetery on Nutmeg, isn’t this going to be difficult for moving JRS? Isn’t his body incased in a slab of concrete?

Posted by: SunnyFord ()
Date: August 12, 2019 01:38AM

Date: August 11, 2019 03:28AM

Road to Damascus Wrote:

> Next for years GH and MH sent out birthday
> thday and anniversary cards with a saying for the
> year. Soon after her funeral it was announced that
> the card would no longer go out, and a statement
> in passing was made that not everyone got them,
> and some times people who got them one year did
> not get one the next, that only those who Marilyn
> knew got them.

“After I left the fellowship in '98 I did receive a card on my birthday the subsequent two years. If I recall, it just consisted of a simple line, like "Thinking of You." I was tempted to respond to one of the cards with "Please Don't," but couldn't muster the effort. Also, their names were printed on the cards, which didn't exactly convey warmth. I chuckled about it, thinking how counterproductive the cards were in reestablishing a relationship--which never existed in the first place, of course. Perhaps that was the point.” -changedagain

It’s been awhile since I left tlwf... 2003, 2002, 2004...honestly, I don’t really know it was kind of gradually but I received birthday cards for years even though I hadn’t stepped in a tlwf church in years. My family was still in and I was called yearly to ask if I wanted to remain on the phone list. I said yes for a couple of years hoping someone would reach out and call me. But no one ever did. I think that the birthday list was just submitted every year to G&M because when I finally asked to be taken of the phone list the birthday cards stopped immediately. It was a nice touch getting one but when it was obviously just their printed signatures it felt clinical and detached and made me wonder if they even really knew it was my birthday or if it was just handled by someone.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2019 01:46AM by SunnyFord.

Date: August 12, 2019 02:16AM

Sunnyford wrote:
I think that the birthday list was just submitted every year to G&M because when I finally asked to be taken off the phone list the birthday cards stopped immediately. It was a nice touch getting one but when it was obviously just their printed signatures it felt clinical and detached and made me wonder if they even really knew it was my birthday or if it was just handled by someone.

Yes, clinical and detached. I think you're right that it was handled by someone, in another PR attempt to convey that G & M cared about people on an individual level. The printed signatures were not helpful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.