Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 05, 2019 04:34AM

JRS’ first lawyer in his divorce was a nightmare. He only cared about publicity and his own income and never really listened to what JRS had to say or could prove about his income. Looking back, maybe he had it right, that all of the church assets were so closely controlled by JRS that they were his personal property.

His second lawyer got it and was a pleasure to work with. He and his wife became pretty good friends to JRS and his crew. They had a Halloween party and invited JRS and Marilyn and their crew who attended in these costumes made to look like the fruit on a Fruit of the Loom label. It was hilarious and a huge hit at the party. JRS could have amazing and impressive events and performances any time – he had the slave labor and the financial resources of the people that he used as he pleased.

Looking back, maybe the first lawyer had it right. Maybe JRS had promised his family that they would receive all of the church assets as their own just as Rick has been heard promising one of his children that, “Someday this will all be yours.”

At some point when a landmark had been reached in the divorce (possibly the bifurcation) the lawyer and his family had a big party for all of us at their house in Newport. JRS also took the lawyer and his family on a trip to Hawaii and set up massive hospitality as only JRS could with all the church resources.

They did eventually bifurcate the marital status so JRS and Marilyn could get married right after the real estate part of the property settlement was done. Marilyn would not agree to the bifurcation and marriage to JRS until property was settled.

So weird all the machinations that were going on without my knowledge when I was so involved in everything. Marilyn was an expert bar none at making sure no one person had a complete picture of everything. She and Gary both operated this way throughout their ministry and I'm sure Gary has carried on in that way.

Right when they bifurcated and were getting married, Ed prepared deeds putting Blix and Kling into "community property" with Marilyn. So her dowry to marry JRS was 1/2 of two properties that would eventually sell for almost $1MM each. But before JRS died, the activity around his assets went into hyper mode. There was a power of attorney and a will prepared in March or April of 1983. JRS was completely incapacitated and rarely awake from March 10, 1983 until he died in June. Bill Maybee spent hours sitting in JRS' yard practicing to forge JRS' signature. He forged JRS' signature on the will and on the power of attorney.

They then had the witnesses to the will sign without seeing JRS sign the will -- Gary Hargrave was the first witness and then he talked the other two witnesses into signing it without actually witnessing it because that's what JRS wanted and Gary said "See, I already signed it."

They appointed a man as JRS' power of attorney with a forged and falsely notarized document. The man who assumed the role of JRS’ POA had no knowledge that the signature was forged, but this was in April 1983 when JRS was comatose or incapacitated 24/7 and could never have held a pen much less have the capacity to understand a document. The POA then signed the deeds to Blix and Kling transferring title to Marilyn's kids, giving Marilyn a life estate in both houses. With the property transferred and a forged will, Marilyn successfully avoided probate so she could take all the property as her own.

She also immediately sent assets to Iowa to hide them (I was told this information recently and don’t know what assets went). I know that JRS’ vast arsenal of weapons was duplicated in Iowa and at his home in North Hollywood. I also know that there were gold coins and silver bars in pretty large amounts that were cashed in and then the cash was put into the offering plates when offerings were taken for JRS and Marilyn and her family. Clergy abuse, and clergy crimes and money laundering apparently go hand-in-hand.

Then 4 months later her kids signed deeds transferring all the property back to her as her sole and separate property. Mission accomplished. (I knew some facts but put together the full story over the last year.) If anyone wants a copy of the deeds, send me a private message with your email and I will send them to you. You don't even have to know the behind the scenes details to see how hinky these transfers were. It's amazing they weren't caught.

I learned over the last year that Gary has admitted to several people that he and Marilyn were having sex before JRS died. I wonder just how long before he died it started. I was told there was some evidence it started in the Islands in 1982. But the charade they played out for those around them to see was that they fell in love after JRS died. They acted elaborately planned roles to me that were proved to be complete deception by the admission the sex had started before JRS died. Gary came to me like a little puppy in love and admitted he loved Marilyn. Then they spent all their time together but used me to stay at the house all the time - went home to sleep only a few hours a night when Gary left to go sleep in the "pool hall" a storage facility we used as an intercession room located in the middle yard between Blix and Kling. They kept up their charade and played their roles very well until they could start changing things over and get me off of all of the corporations (I was on all corporations that JRS was on - he insisted so I could make sure things were done legally) and I was on all of JRS and Marilyn's personal bank accounts. I don't know what they thought I would do if I knew the truth but they were extremely careful to hide the truth from me all the while continuing the charade that had started in 1972 that Marilyn and I were close, personal friends because they knew that meant I would be loyal.

Marilyn really was Jezebel. Two times she spoke with me and I knew she was lying. One was just after JRS died and she called me (I was working in the office at Blix) and asked me if I thought she should call and talk to Martha Kay and Mary Christine and offer to let them come and share in JRS' spiritual legacy (not the money of course). I couldn't understand what she was doing because it was so obviously and completely out of character for her. She HATED JRS' daughters and worked tirelessly to get him to cut them off from his life.

The second time was in the 90's. I had been told by a woman that Gary & Marilyn had a sexual threesome with her several times. Marilyn called me a few months later and told me that she and Gary usually did not address accusations, but she especially wanted to address this accusation to me (inferring how special I am to her) and to let me know it was a complete lie. I knew from that phone call that the story was true. Marilyn's wording and attitude about it were so completely out of character, I knew she was lying.

Gary and Marilyn Hargrave had the financial resources and the numbers in people to build many faceted deceptive pictures of themselves and to maintain those deceptions for 30+ years. They played different roles to different people so there would be no one person who knew the complete picture.

It still took me another 15 years to cut myself off completely from them and from the entire walk. I think Marilyn was an addiction to me - deadlier than drugs or alcohol but I was just as powerless because of her. I am not powerless anymore. And as long as I have breath, I will never again just sit down and shut up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lilith ()
Date: August 05, 2019 08:32PM

Exactly who was this "man" that was appointed Power of Attorney and exactly who was the Notary that aided in falsifying the will and the Power of Attorney? I'm certain that they had names. All the sex hanky panky is irrelevant information with regards to Marilyn, John and Gary at this point. It would have been useful information at the time when something could have been done about but too much time has passed and John and Marilyn are dead.

Date: August 06, 2019 02:58AM

Lilith: I do not see a need to post the names of individuals who were tricked and lied to by Gary and Marilyn in order to obtain their participation. The sex hanky panky is not mentioned because of the sex, but because of the charade/performance played on so many about a relationship that was claimed as Godly and that was started years before the charade/performance began.

Sexual activity between consenting adults is not something I take issue with except when its existence exposes the fraud in the people involved. The lies told over years and the overt actions against other people in order to maintain those lies is the issue I believe is necessary for people to know.

As I have mentioned many times before, Marilyn was a master at only allowing people or small groups of people to know small parts of every story. It was how she and Gary kept so many people imprisoned under their control. I knew parts of a story years ago. I learned the hidden factors from various sources over the last two years.

Posted by: Lilith ()
Date: August 06, 2019 04:34AM

How do you arrive at they were tricked and lied to when clearly forgery and falsifying documents is illegal. Are you claiming that they were unaware that those activities were illegal and it was perfectly okay. Oh, yeah, right, it was done in the "name of the lord" so that makes everything okay. No, it does not. They clearly broke the law and they should be named. But that's okay don't worry about it, I am sure that someone knows who they are and they will talk sooner or later. Everybody does.

Date: August 06, 2019 09:18AM

There were dozens of people involved in maintaining the home, cleaning, making food, taking calls, answering phones, doing administration, helping care for JRS as he was dying of cancer. It was a nonstop 24/7 hive of activity that would make the Siege at Shiloh sound like a luxury vacation.

I know people did things they were talked into and they likely knew it was illegal - such as the man (now deceased) who forged JRS's signature. But the signed documents were presented to other people in other ways and they had no knowledge the signatures were not JRS' signature. It was represented his signature was more cramped than usual because he was so ill.

The full picture of what was taking place was only known by a small handful - Marilyn, her children, Gary Hargrave and Bill and Phyllis Maybee. Everyone else knew only what was exposed in the charade.

Criminal activity requires intent. Inducement by fraud obviates intent.

Innocent people could be victimized by the wholesale pronouncement that they committed crimes when it reality they were induced by fraud to do otherwise completely legal actions of administration.

I would estimate there are dozens if not hundreds of victims of the cult who did things they would not have done but for the mind control and influence of this particular cult. Even Bill Maybee who was convinced he should forge JRS' signature was pushed by his wife, talked into it by Gary and Marilyn, and not so many years later had to leave Shiloh because of the pressure from Marilyn for him to announce his unlimited and undying commitment to her as God in the earth. Bill was a victim too. I am willing to bet he was torn up inside after being talked into things he would not have normally considered. I'm not his judge. None of us are.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 07, 2019 10:19PM

Date: August 04, 2019 02:34PM

JRS could have amazing and impressive events and performances any time – he had the slave labor and the financial resources of the people that he used as he pleased.

So that's where RH learned this way of life. Of course. They were all users and abusers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2019 10:41PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 07, 2019 10:41PM

Date: August 04, 2019 02:34PM

There was a power of attorney and a will prepared in March or April of 1983. JRS was completely incapacitated and rarely awake from March 10, 1983 until he died in June. Bill Maybee spent hours sitting in JRS' yard practicing to forge JRS' signature. He forged JRS' signature on the will and on the power of attorney.

It strikes me as odd that a leading APCO ministry practiced JRS' signature for hours and no one wondered or cared why. If they knew why and didn't share that information with authorities or even with fellow congregants, then they assisted in facilitating years of abuse and financial fraud by G&M.

Even knowing that there was a relationship so soon after JRS' death between his widow and his right hand man (a fact which was carefully concealed for months) would have aided many to make their escape from a dangerous cult at that time. Children would have been spared physical, sexual, and emotional abuse and trauma. If only someone who knew these things had spoken up. But at least now we know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2019 11:06PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 07, 2019 11:35PM

"You obviously have been practicing John's signature for weeks now. When do you think you will have it mastered? Before his death, right?"
-intrepid Walk reporter

John Near Death
Signature Not Mastered

(May 1983 Headline)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2019 11:38PM by changedagain.

Date: August 08, 2019 04:39AM

Reep and Changed - You're right. And that is where the scheming that was going on in the last months as JRS lay in agony, dying, was so diabolical. No one knew the whole picture (I think I've repeated that like a broken record).

One of the insider people who did know everything tried her hardest to expose the truth and she almost paid with her life. Many of the allegations contained in a lawsuit filed by JRS' family were true but that was not known to me at the time (1995).

I have tried to take pieces of knowledge - what I knew and saw - and put those pieces in the puzzle that others have helped complete over the past year or two. But new information comes in all the time that provides more clarity.

Even though there was an army working around the clock at both JRS' house and the office at Blix, not many people were allowed at Kling (JRS' home). I handled the finances and correspondence and oversaw the phones and administration at Blix. There was a "middle yard" connecting Blix and Kling and I would go thru that yard to take messages or deliveries over to Kling where another crew worked in the kitchen and the house and another crew would come and go in shifts, caring for JRS at his bedside.

I saw Bill Maybee working on paperwork but didn't know what he was doing until I got those pieces of the puzzle years later. I only saw the weird deed transfers in the last six months. I wasn't allowed to leave to go to church services for several months after JRS died because I had to be on guard at the house and doing various chores. I never knew there had been an announcement that JRS had ordained the relationship between G&M or that it was said JRS commissioned Gary and Marilyn to take over, etc., until I heard it from people who had been at those services. I knew that never happened - but I didn't know it was a question until we all started speaking up and sharing our bits and pieces.

That's why it is so important that we keep speaking up now that we are free from that horrible mind control. It is still in process.

All of that just to point out, there were gears turning at all times to carry out a plot and keep people in the dark so the diabolical plan would be carried out. And it was.

It would be great if we had a time machine and even turn it back farther than the time after JRS' death. Turn it to the early 70's when JRS was starting to mess around with Marilyn. Let's go back and wake him up to the nightmare he would face in his relationship with Marilyn.

If only. But as you said Reep, they were all users and abusers. From the beginning.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: August 08, 2019 03:21PM

Will graves be moved at Shiloh?

[m.kalonanews.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.