Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 12, 2019 01:19AM

Because I obviously have nothing better to do this morning, I decided to do a search on all the forums for the "word" Marilyn. I guess I was curious to see if the identity of the Lamp of Israel was known outside our little discussion group and if there was a general knowledge about the magnitude of her ministry. Apparently not. I received 1278 results, with only 60 of them coming from outside of our group. A few names of the other groups include 'Marilyn Manson,' 'Joy of Satan' and 'Mahesh and Money' (for real).
Rumors that a group exists in RR devoted to her nurturing nature ('Ice Cold Veins') appear to be false.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 13, 2019 12:44AM

A post by that little red flag from November 2018

Posted by: that little red flag
Date: November 29, 2018

I haven't been around at the local SD church for almost 5 years, but they had the apartment there (the Taco Shell). At some point I was involved in cleaning and set up for 2 - 3 years, and involved in getting all the new furniture and decor at one time. One of the times, years ago before the remodel, was so ridiculous. Someone from APCO directed us on a certain supposed decor that Gary & Marilyn liked. I spent weeks shopping and pimping the whole place out based on the input of what they would like. As soon as they arrived they made it know that they hated the decor, and that it wasn't their style at all. Long story short, come Monday after they had left, I was directed to gather and repackage everything, even if it had been used and return it all for a refund. It took weeks/months to return items, and get all the new stuff that they now claimed to adore. I can remember staying up til 2 and 3 in the morning trying to get the apartment ready for them, eyes half closed at the end of the night (uh, morning) as I searched for any amount of dust that might have settled during the evening. No spiders, no footprints on the rug, windows washed and then splashed by the kids in the pool, blah, blah, blah - all for the King and Queen. Oh, and then off to work by 7:00 am.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: July 13, 2019 02:10AM

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens new
Date: July 12, 2019 10:44AM

A post by that little red flag from November 2018

Posted by: that little red flag
Date: November 29, 2018

I haven't been around at the local SD church for almost 5 years, but they had the apartment there (the Taco Shell). At some point I was involved in cleaning and set up for 2 - 3 years, and involved in getting all the new furniture and decor at one time. One of the times, years ago before the remodel, was so ridiculous. Someone from APCO directed us on a certain supposed decor that Gary & Marilyn liked. I spent weeks shopping and pimping the whole place out based on the input of what they would like. As soon as they arrived they made it know that they hated the decor, and that it wasn't their style at all. Long story short, come Monday after they had left, I was directed to gather and repackage everything, even if it had been used and return it all for a refund. It took weeks/months to return items, and get all the new stuff that they now claimed to adore. I can remember staying up til 2 and 3 in the morning trying to get the apartment ready for them, eyes half closed at the end of the night (uh, morning) as I searched for any amount of dust that might have settled during the evening. No spiders, no footprints on the rug, windows washed and then splashed by the kids in the pool, blah, blah, blah - all for the King and Queen. Oh, and then off to work by 7:00 am.

Wow! Little red flag expressed the G&M as God mentality so perfectly. And after the massive energy output and lack of sleep, to be dismissed in that manner is cruel. Excellent example of a pyramid scheme.

Thank you changed for re-posting these gems. They are very powerful when posted apart from the original conversation.

Posted by: maggieb ()
Date: July 13, 2019 02:43AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

> Posted by: maggieb
> Date: July 06, 2019 03:05PM
> Daughter of an ex-member here. Does anyone know
> about adoptions taking place within the church
> during JRS's time? I've read posts about marriages
> and possibly abortions being strongly influenced
> by TLWF leadership, but wondering if they also
> facilitated adoptions within the church. Feel free
> to DM me if you have any information on this.
>
> Posted by: maggieb
> Date: July 08, 2019 11:44AM
> Thanks NancyB! To put it out there--I'm looking
> for a person who would have been adopted as a baby
> in the summer of 1975. The bio-mom was a part of
> the TLWF church in LA. The adoptive family most
> likely would have been from SoCal or Arizona I
> assume, also fairly certain they were members of
> TLWF. If anyone possibly has any information or
> ideas as to where I can search for this
> information please reach out. Thank you.
>
>
> Maggieb, I have heard of adoptions happening
> within the fellowship. I hope that someone will
> know something and contact you. God speed.

thank you that is validating to hear. I hope so too!

Date: July 13, 2019 03:18AM

Reep wrote:
Wow! Little red flag expressed the G&M as God mentality so perfectly. And after the massive energy output and lack of sleep, to be dismissed in that manner is cruel. Excellent example of a pyramid scheme.

Yes

Thank you changed for re-posting these gems. They are very powerful when posted apart from the original conversation.

So true

Date: July 13, 2019 03:31AM

This post from July of 2018:

Posted by: Unapologetic Apologetic
Date: July 17, 2018 03:14PM

When I first starting going to Shiloh about 8 years ago, my "shepherd" strongly encouraged me to start coming to the work days on Saturdays and to find a group "to plug into" AKA work with. I showed up and was placed in housekeeping with a great bunch of ladies. But if I ever missed, I was grilled and made to feel guilty about it by my shepherd. If I didn't volunteer at functions, or other work gatherings, I was made to feel guilty about it.

They do the same with the kids there. They would pull the kids out of their homeschooling classrooms to go do various things around Shiloh. When one of them complained, saying they couldnt get their school work done because they kept getting pulled out of the classroom, they were made to feel ungrateful and disrespectful for saying something.

So, while on the surface it is true they don't "force you", they sure beat you up, put you down, and guilt trip you if you don't.

Date: July 13, 2019 10:46PM

Post by Road to Damascus from March of this year:

Posted by: Road to Damascus
Date: March 13, 2019 04:58AM

It has been a long time since I have posted. I have been wondering if I had been vocal back in the 1980's if others that have since been hurt in the same manner as I was would not have been. The thought came to me that without social media I would have been silenced. The horrible treatment of so many and the total disregard for others has been a constant pattern. They shall be known by the fruit of their actions, and that fruit is broken and damaged people that are running around now confused and hurt. I have so appreciated the support I see here for each other. It in itself can be a healing balm. When my husband and I were spit up they talked to him but not to me. When we decided to get married only a handful of our friends were there. My best girl friend was told that if she still wanted to be a part of TLW she could not be there. The best part of this is that we made a choice to follow what was real to us and listen to the voice we heard not theirs. In all the years since our anniversary has been bittersweet, not as joyful as it should be. I was robbed of the wedding I had always dreamed of having. This is the first year our anniversary was fun. It is interesting that many of the marriages that occurred that year did not make it. Looking back I realize that not having a word to get married was really a blessing in disguise. A lot of folks when they found out we were married asked me what the word over our marriage was and I told then our love is stronger than anything that can come against us. Funny how I felt I could not tell them what had happened, however it was the truth our love was stronger than anything that could be thrown against us. We were not Plan B as many told us. It has been a journey to realize that it did not matter if we had their approval and that they were wrong when they told me that I was not good enough for him.That realization helps begin the healing. Healing has finally begun for me and a lot of it is from reading here. Thank all of you. You are all in my heart, and I know we are all helping each other.

Date: July 14, 2019 10:19AM

Post by Walked from December, 2018:

Posted by: Walked
Date: December 27, 2018 10:01AM

I can't stop thinking about the collective THOUSANDS OF YEARS of people's lives that were stolen by deception. How much did we all forfeit for this masquerade? How many didn't take a certain job, go to school, move to a more desirable location, marry a love, have a child, maintain contact with family, or use their time for profit instead of giving it freely? On a basic level, I think about what I could've done with the thousands of hours I spent in services and traveling to them! How many are irreparably wounded by the revelation that their entire belief system was based on the lies and plagiarism of a narcissistic con artist and his conniving wife? It sickens me that beautiful hearts were used and disposed of. I also can't stop thinking about how widespread the truth of the con was. Did JRS "compose" his sermons and run them by Marilyn as they laughed about how real they sounded? Did Gary and Marilyn acknowledge to each other that they both knew they were con-artists, or was it an unspoken thing between them? How many of the higher-up shepherds were in on this? This part is driving me crazier than the deception itself. Did they laugh as they saw the tithes roll in and they purchased their next airline flight or home? Or did they silently watch the blind sheep give and bleed without even acknowledging to each other that they all knew it was an eternal lie? I'd give a lot to hear an off-the-record conversation between JRS and Marilyn, or Marilyn and Gary Hargrave. I hope there is a God, and that the sin that the CTLW founder and his minions committed is the most unforgivable.

Posted by: dbc ()
Date: July 14, 2019 01:14PM

Families were torn apart by this. Lives were maimed if not ruined. I so feel for those who were born into it and given no choice. In the pursuit of an idealistic and seemingly perfect future we were subjected to abusive treatment - and said "Bring it on!". Part of the price to be paid.

I so hope that the perpetrators are brought to justice. Cowards running for cover after years of "lording it" over the "little people". Hoping for an amazing outcome from the civil suit. Thank you for being brave enough to take it to that forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 01:15PM by dbc.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: July 14, 2019 03:06PM

I thank God for Shalom.

[youtu.be]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.