Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: July 10, 2019 10:21PM

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 08, 2019 06:27PM

A post by Lone Wolf (November 2018):

Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: November 28, 2018 09:23PM

"....it might coincide with Silvana Hargrave's Facebook post which asked people to give monetary gifts so she and Gary can start their new life together in a new house."

Wow! Seriously? Because Gary doesn't already own enough houses or have enough of the congregant's money? So he tells his new wife to ask for more? OMG!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2019 10:34PM by Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 10, 2019 10:44PM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Posted by: lone.wolf
> Date: November 28, 2018 09:23PM
>
> "....it might coincide with Silvana Hargrave's
> Facebook post which asked people to give monetary
> gifts so she and Gary can start their new life
> together in a new house."
>
> [/quote]
>
> Wow! Seriously? Because Gary doesn't already own
> enough houses or have enough of the congregant's
> money? So he tells his new wife to ask for more?
> OMG!!!

Old habits are hard to break, Reep. Wasn't that a Kingdom proverb?

Date: July 10, 2019 10:50PM

Reep from December of 2017:

Posted by: Reepicheep
Date: December 16, 2017 07:49PM

JRS was considered to be THE Apostle to the Kingdom age. He had definite ways of letting you know what you were supposed to think. In fact, he used to say, "Let me tell you how to think." If he said, "Get married," you got married. If he said, "Get divorced," you got divorced. If he told a young woman to get an abortion, she got an abortion. Yes, I said that.

John Robert Stevens was not an unassuming man. He didn't mince words, and he didn't seem like a person who retreated from being glorified.

Yes, I don't think it would be accurate to characterize him as a "zero with the rim rubbed out." I think that category was reserved for his disciples.

Date: July 10, 2019 10:51PM

Date: July 10, 2019 08:44AM

Old habits are hard to break, Reep. Wasn't that a Kingdom proverb?

Yes. Or maybe it was "You can't teach an old cult leader new tricks"? ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2019 11:15PM by Reepicheep.

Date: July 10, 2019 11:22PM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Yes. Or maybe it was "You can't teach an old cult
> leader new tricks"? ;)

That was probably it. I should have put more effort into memorizing those Kingdom proverbs. I never forgot this one, though:
"Clean my house and I will tell you how to think."

Date: July 10, 2019 11:34PM

Post by fool me twice from March of this year:

Posted by: fool me twice
Date: March 23, 2019 10:57AM

I also had that same privilege to work for a different Kingdom business as a painter. I did painting on both the JRS home and the Blix house. One day while I was scraping paint on JRS's house, a job that is not only quite dirty but also causes a lot of paint chips to fall into your eyes since no productive gear was a thing with KB's. JRS stepped out of his house and scolded me because I had failed to somehow prevent the paint chips from falling into his flower beds. "That paint has lead in it and that will kill my plants" Not that lead paint could be harmful to you or your eyes. Actually that was the only time JRS said a single word to me outside of a service.

Be grateful that the Man of God spoke to you outside of a church service. Very few people had that opportunity ;)
p.s. sorry to hear that you killed John's flower beds. I was wondering who did that.

Date: July 11, 2019 01:21AM

Post by JesusJesusJesus from December 2018:

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus
Date: December 24, 2018 08:43AM

"As for the furniture reference - I don't know about the coffee table of Israel, but I do vividly remember the whole fellowship raising funds for some big birthday that G was having. All he wanted was this expensive, ornate coffee table with sea turtle carvings in it. I don't remember the exact amount, but it was in the thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dollars. I scanned the pics of the house G is selling in Hawaii, but I couldn't find it there. I just wanted to see what my offerings had gone to buy. Guess I kinda did with the house itself, though..."

I just checked, and all the coffee tables sold at Ikea go for under $200. None of them, however, have sea turtles carved into them. That alone probably adds three-five thousand of dollars in value. Still...in retrospect, I think it would have been a more reasonable use of fellowship money to go with the Ikea brand. And yes, I am aware that is something Judas Iscariot would have said.

#coffeetablefromIkea

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 01:30AM by changedagain.

Date: July 11, 2019 02:17AM

Date: July 10, 2019 08:50AM

Reep from December of 2017:

Posted by: Reepicheep
Date: December 16, 2017 07:49PM

JRS was considered to be THE Apostle to the Kingdom age. He had definite ways of letting you know what you were supposed to think. In fact, he used to say, "Let me tell you how to think." If he said, "Get married," you got married. If he said, "Get divorced," you got divorced. If he told a young woman to get an abortion, she got an abortion. Yes, I said that.

John Robert Stevens was not an unassuming man. He didn't mince words, and he didn't seem like a person who retreated from being glorified.

Yes, I don't think it would be accurate to characterize him as a "zero with the rim rubbed out." I think that category was reserved for his disciples.

Trying to imagine JRS as a "zero with the rim rubbed out" and ROTFLMAO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 02:18AM by Reepicheep.

Date: July 11, 2019 03:49AM

loneWolf wrote:

"On another note, myself and others have recently been contacted by pastors of the church we attended. Their intent is to “apologize” for their wrongdoings toward us. I have avoided any contact with the pastors and will not answer their text/calls. If they truly wanted to apologize, they wouldn’t have taken 15+ years to do so. I was shunned, alienated, and treated like an outsider ever since leaving. It certainly feels like this is just one step in their 12 Step Program to clear their conscious and revive the church.

Thank you all for being here, for speaking the truth, for making me feel like I’m not alone any longer. I seek answers from the early years of my parent’s involvement, that I feel they will not or cannot share because they’ve buried so many secrets inside themselves. Some of you were there with them, and I’ve been able to get some answers from your first-hand accounts. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart."

LoneWolf,
Your mind is obviously lucid. I support your quest to remain free from the manipulative tactics of ex-TLWF leaders. It's been over eight months since you wrote this comment. Hope you're doing well, and still reading this forum.

Date: July 11, 2019 10:31AM

Posted by: maggieb
Date: July 06, 2019 03:05PM
Daughter of an ex-member here. Does anyone know about adoptions taking place within the church during JRS's time? I've read posts about marriages and possibly abortions being strongly influenced by TLWF leadership, but wondering if they also facilitated adoptions within the church. Feel free to DM me if you have any information on this.

Posted by: maggieb
Date: July 08, 2019 11:44AM
Thanks NancyB! To put it out there--I'm looking for a person who would have been adopted as a baby in the summer of 1975. The bio-mom was a part of the TLWF church in LA. The adoptive family most likely would have been from SoCal or Arizona I assume, also fairly certain they were members of TLWF. If anyone possibly has any information or ideas as to where I can search for this information please reach out. Thank you.

Maggieb, I have heard of adoptions happening within the fellowship. I hope that someone will know something and contact you. God speed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.