Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: June 30, 2019 10:55PM

On June 30, 2019 Onion wrote and I quote:
"The doctor/quack got to my mom in Washington, Iowa. My first visit to Iowa after my parents moved to Iowa in 1975 included my carrying a suitcase full of herbs and laetrile among other things because my mom was told she was pre-cancerous. She lived another 30+ years so maybe all those herbs helped - we will never know. But the quack faded off into the sunset and on to another bunch of easily convinced people. I never heard about him again. Did anyone else?"

Yes, Onion, he did scare a lot of people with cancer who did not have cancer just to sell more herbs with this "things you doctor will not tell" scam. (And How's that for 'revelation on JRS part?)
In fact Reams told many of his students, who thought they were so smart and healthy , that they were going to die soon as well. I don;t know, because those people left in a huff and did not go back for the next classes for training to ge their bogus certificates.

Thanks, Onion, for the info on the apartments. JRS sure kept busy "ministering".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2019 11:13PM by NancyB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 30, 2019 10:59PM

Thanks Road To Damascus for the insight when you wrote, Quote

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: June 29, 2019 05:02PM

"Something I have been noticing lately is how some people whom I love refuse to accept that anyone who has left are not hurting as much as the ones who have stayed, and that any one that left are somehow misinformed and have dropped off the front line and that God will deal with them. Amazing that and they are walking in the word and others do not know how to hear God."

The message given to those still inside will one-day revealed as yet another lie to the people, unless they are giving our personal testimonies first hand.

Personally, after being able to speak up about things I had known for decades has left me healthier than I have ever been.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2019 11:08PM by NancyB.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 11:08PM

I was the driving force in getting our family out of TLWF. Fortunately, we were all in agreement about the necessity to leave the place, and the task was not as difficult as I anticipated. Yet, once out, strangely it took quite a bit of prodding from my wife for me to get rid of all the literature, tapes etc. that I had accumulated through the years. There was an attachment ('bond') I still had to the "word," even though rationally I knew it was nonsense, and a source of indoctrination that brought nothing but mental anguish. However, once I let go, it was immediately liberating. That was over 20 years ago, and I haven't experienced a day of regret since. And no, I did not keep one 'This Week' or cassette tape out of sentimentality...if that's what you're thinking :)

Date: July 01, 2019 04:45AM

Woodrow Nichols:

The only person to be prosecuted out of all of this was Paul Holder. He was eventually convicted of felony grand theft in June 1978 in San Diego for raising money for a mine that did not exist.

It existed in the spirit, though, since John spoke it.
-apologist

It is humorous to note that the whole time the trial was taking place, John Robert was spending an extended sabbatical in Washington, Iowa. In fact, when the trial was officially over, he returned back to Southern California.

He was obviously listening to the Holy Spirit, which kept him out of harm's way.
-apologist

Date: July 01, 2019 06:03AM

From October of 2013:

Posted by: Invisible
Date: October 16, 2013 12:34PM

Around 1971 we began receiving phone calls at our home at any hour of the night - to pray for John Stevens, because he was under demonic spiritual attack by his wife Martha. We were told at that time, not to say anything to any one about this, because only certain one's were being contacted to pray for John in this. And the idea was conveyed to us, that the church was not mature enough to handle the knowledge of the kind of assault that was taking place against John by his wife, in his own house.I don't remember us being woken up more than about three or four times between 1 and 3 O'clock in the morning over a period of a few months time

I'm still not mature enough to handle calls between 1-3 a.m. about a squabbling couple. My recommendation is that they do their arguing before 9 p.m. and have the calls go out then. Let working people get some rest.

We were told that Martha was verbally attacking John. It was presented to us as if Martha was being aggressively evil toward John and John was suffering. However we were never told what Martha was upset about. Nor did we think to ask.

Maybe she didn't believe his Holy Jim Canyon stories.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: July 01, 2019 06:34AM

I remember sometime in the mid-seventies hearing of Martha asking JRS, "Well, are you feeling a little more divine today?" At the time, I was dutifully shocked that she would mock him like that. Now I think it's hilarious.

Date: July 01, 2019 10:38PM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember sometime in the mid-seventies hearing
> of Martha asking JRS, "Well, are you feeling a
> little more divine today?" At the time, I was
> dutifully shocked that she would mock him like
> that. Now I think it's hilarious.

Being married to someone whose followers believed he was the apostle to the Kingdom, and a manifestation of Christ couldn't have been easy. Even after he died in '83 it wasn't over. A directive came to pray for his return. I'm sure I uttered a few "violent" prayers myself, demanding his return. Anyway, I am no longer deranged--at least not to that extent. I did go through a phase a few years ago, however, when I believed my hound was God. It ended shortly after he chewed up my new earbuds. He later claimed it was my fault for making them accessible. I think he told me that right before the 10 Days of Repentance. Perfect timing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 10:40PM by changedagain.

Date: July 01, 2019 11:06PM

In hind sight this is almost laughable.

Quote "
Posted by: Invisible
Date: October 16, 2013 12:34PM

Around 1971 we began receiving phone calls at our home at any hour of the night - to pray for John Stevens, because he was under demonic spiritual attack by his wife Martha. We were told at that time, not to say anything to any one about this, because only certain one's were being contacted to pray for John in this." end quote.

Most "normal" wives would be angry with a husband who kept apartments or hotel rooms in order to "Minister" to other women. Now that many of us have learned about personality disorders, this is in general a ploy. JRS claimed assault to say Martha was "crazy neph" when he was the "crazy maker."

How many men sit at bar complaining, "my wife doesn't understand me- give me another scotch on the rocks, bar-tender". Add in the delusions of being"divine" hell, yes, I would be pissed at a husbands lies and cover ups, too.

My question after the fact is, why did leadership not have enough revelation to sit JRS down and tell him that he needed to get his act together as a man or get fired as the head pastor of the church? And to think we little people trusted they had a "verily, verily the Lord sayeth unto thee" word from god.

I mean, leadership told all the little people what to do. I think this is extremely revealing about the Church of the Living Word organization being rotten to the core- in my opinion.

Date: July 02, 2019 12:02AM

NancyB wrote:
Most "normal" wives would be angry with a husband who kept apartments or hotel rooms in order to "Minister" to other women. Now that many of us have learned about personality disorders, this is in general a ploy. JRS claimed assault to say Martha was "crazy neph" when he was the "crazy maker."

I did a search of the forums for the word "nephilim" and received 196 results. Only one of the results came from outside this discussion group. I guess our movement was kinda special after all ;)

BTW, I was one of the few in our local church that no matter how much I prayed, I could never get a "revelation" of the identity of the nephilim (at least the principal channel of Satan). If it wasn't for the fact that Gary called a special service in the mid-to-late 70's and revealed it was John's wife, I would have remained clueless--binding an unknown entity to the pit of hell. I mean, binding the spirit that was moving through this entity to the pit of hell--not the actual person. This was a distinction that was very clear to all the intercessors during that time period--right?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 12:07AM by changedagain.

Date: July 02, 2019 12:39AM

I think the story of The Walk would make a great psycho-thriller with twisted scriptures.

Here is the Biblical reference to Nephilim
Genesis 6:4 reads as follows: "The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown."
So does the Bible say a Neph is a fallen angel or giant? I guess that JRS excuse was that he was "men of renown" so he could not have made a mistake in marrying Martha when his "spiritual wife" was in the future. ????

I'm not so sure that JRS Walk interpretation of "binding" is Biblically accurate, either. Here is one link if you care to explore a list of scriptures that write about binding Satan : Acts 2:42–47; Ephesians 2:2; Revelation 20:1–3; Mark 2:7–10

I am curious if any intercessors ever looked up the scriptures from where JRS's got his "inspirations" to identity the Nephilim or not. It seems that "god's word " or revelation seemed to change when leadership got bored with a relationship. In my opinion, now, this is the kind of crap that smells like a load of fertilizer The Church of the Living Word teaching was selling in the name of the Lord aka John Robert Stevens in the past.

With that said, how in the world does Gary Hargrave get off peddling his so called revelation of what "god" is doing today? If he was smart, he just would have started over - oh wait- he changed the corporate names- but nothing has changed about twisting the scriptures for profit. - there otta be law.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 12:53AM by NancyB.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.