Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: May 08, 2019 10:37PM

Onion
Maybe we could start an inventory list of conditioning to go with the weird walk talk dictionary.

Here is a start:

Do Not Speak Up

Do Not Ask Questions

Keep Your Eyes Open Because You Are About to get in BIG Trouble

The Walk Has the Power to Destroy Your Life

Do Not Make Any Decisions

Adding some corollaries to you list of rules, Onion.

Do not think unless you are told what to think.

Do not think even if you ARE told what to think because what you are supposed ro think could change at any moment.

Never think because your mind is the "enemy of God".

If you are a woman or girl, don't even think about thinking.

Only speak if you are sure that what you say will agree 100% with the leaders.

Better yet, do not speak at all.

Thinking and speaking are extremely dangerous activities.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 08, 2019 10:45PM

changedagain
Yes, congregants fearing an exceedingly vindictive, imaginary God (created by John, customized by G & M), while the leaders live basically lawless lives.
Nothing new under the sun.
-somewhere in Ecclesiastes

Changed, wasn't that in the book of Gary and Marilyn? Not sure, it might have been in the book of John and Marilyn.

New corollary to above rules:

Pretend to understand and love everything that the top brass does, but never, under any circumstance, believe that any of it applies to you.

Unless you are a victim of said top brass' lawless behavior. In that case, go back to the never think or speak rule.

If you are a woman or a child of either sex, wear a burquah. It is safer. Bet yet, LEAVE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2019 10:48PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: May 08, 2019 10:51PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Gary is an intimidating guy. People have learned
> not to mess with him, since he thrives in
> confrontational situations (or used to). He may
> not have charisma, but he always speaks with
> confidence and conviction--giving the appearance
> of being very knowledgeable in many subject areas.
> And he knows how to look through someone, a trait
> all effective cult leaders seem to have :)
> To this day people who have been severely harmed
> by the TLWF experience stay in the shadows, not
> revealing their abuses, for fear of retribution.
> And its understandable, given the possible
> consequences of speaking out. The downside can be
> significant--so I don't fault them for that.

This is a side of GH I never knew, but your words brought it through loud and clear, so thank you for that. Having left within a couple years after JRS died, I had always thought of GH as just a part of the 20-something group of married couples (mostly pastors) that would seem to follow JRS to the ends of the earth. I didn't see it at the time, but GH was no doubt the favorite son. I'm sorry that people feel they need to stay in the shadows and I certainly don't fault them for that. It just saddens me so much that anyone would have to live under the fear of retribution from anyone, let alone a shepherd. The GHs of the walk will have a lot to answer for.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: May 09, 2019 02:45AM

Reep - I love your additions to the conditioning dictionary. Here are a few more:

Abortions are preferred over being distracted from slavery

When you die you can take a message to JRS from G&M

Get fat so you won't be tempted to be distracted by marriage because no man will want you.

Sleep is a waste of time when you should be working

You don't need to be paid much or at all because you can eat from the soybean crockpot.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: May 09, 2019 05:22AM

And then there is always:

Work for the Kingdom Business for little or no wages because it will bring in the Kingdom (which is never to be defined) and if you can't afford to feed your children, remember there is always that soybean crockpot.

Enjoy your poverty knowing the leaders can use the business credit card for their enormous alcohol bills and fine dining with $200 bottles of wine. Isn't that the Kingdom?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 09, 2019 09:10PM

kbyrne Wrote:

> This is a side of GH I never knew, but your words
> brought it through loud and clear, so thank you
> for that.

Thank you, kbyrne.

> Having left within a couple years after
> JRS died, I had always thought of GH as just a
> part of the 20-something group of married couples
> (mostly pastors) that would seem to follow JRS to
> the ends of the earth. I didn't see it at the
> time, but GH was no doubt the favorite son.

I think he rose quickly through the ranks, starting with his stint in San Diego. Wasn't he an assistant pastor in SD within 6 months or so of joining the fellowship? And he apparently backed John (rather than RD) during the silver mine debacle, a time period when many took a huge financial hit by investing in what turned out to be nothing but a scam. That stance alone likely solidified his relationship with John (and his secretary), perhaps leading to his 'favorite son' status. He has been an astute political player...at a minimum. One should never underestimate his cunning.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 09, 2019 09:11PM

Onion Wrote:
> And then there is always:

> Work for the Kingdom Business for little or no
> wages because it will bring in the Kingdom (which
> is never to be defined) and if you can't afford to
> feed your children, remember there is always that
> soybean crockpot.
> Enjoy your poverty knowing the leaders can use the
> business credit card for their enormous alcohol
> bills and fine dining with $200 bottles of wine.
> Isn't that the Kingdom?

Yes--or at least how it played out :)

Date: May 09, 2019 09:37PM

changedagain
I think he rose quickly through the ranks, starting with his stint in San Diego. Wasn't he an assistant pastor in SD within 6 months or so of joining the fellowship? And he apparently backed John (rather than RD) during the silver mine debacle, a time period when many took a huge financial hit by investing in what turned out to be nothing but a scam. That stance alone likely solidified his relationship with John (and his secretary), perhaps leading to his 'favorite son' status. He has been an astute political player...at a minimum. One should never underestimate his cunning.

That sounds very familiar, CA. Always the social climber and player. And now holding the reins and the money, despite claims to the contrary.

Date: May 09, 2019 10:59PM

More conditionings:

All "free" time shall be spent doing volunteer labor; the more menial, the better. (If you happen to be a doctor or professor, expect to be placed on toilet cleaning detail.)

If the volunteer labor involves a remodel of G&M's, JRS' or GH's home, do not expect remuneration, thankfulness or honorable mention when said home is later featured in a magazine showcasing luxury homes. Also, expect to make your own bathroom and eating arrangements for the duration of the remodel.

Members' children who escape abortion orders and make it to childbirth shall be surrendered to "Mom and Dad" once potty training is complete. "Mom and Dad" will delegate the raising and training of the child to those “connected” individuals deemed suitable. This may include rehoming at a “Kingdom Facility”. Parents are financially responsible for their child.

Children will be psychologically programmed and taught by church and “Kingdom School” authorities to believe that their parents are not connected enough to Mom and Dad. They will also be conditioned to look down upon their parents and accept the suggestions of more appropriate mentors.

If a member has personal problems, illness or other needs, it is the work of "the cross". Other members are forbidden from showing common courtesy or compassion.

If you are unfortunate enough to be "chosen" for physical, mental or sexual abuse by leaders or their offspring, no one will believe you. And even if you are believed, it is still your fault and is "being handled".

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2019 11:18PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: May 09, 2019 11:29PM

changedagain Wrote:
> Cloudwatcher Wrote:
>
> And a word about GH. He never had John's
> charisma. I remember not wanting to transcribe
> his services, and I don't believe I ever did.
> Hargrave sounds like a drone. Soooo Boring. He
> does not hold a candle to JRS as far as that. If
> Marilyn hadn't been the one pulling the strings,
> he never would have been able to pull it off.

>
> Gary is an intimidating guy. People have learned
> not to mess with him, since he thrives in
> confrontational situations (or used to). He may
> not have charisma, but he always speaks with
> confidence and conviction--giving the appearance
> of being very knowledgeable in many subject areas.
> And he knows how to look through someone, a trait
> all effective cult leaders seem to have :)
> To this day people who have been severely harmed
> by the TLWF experience stay in the shadows, not
> revealing their abuses, for fear of retribution.
> And its understandable, given the possible
> consequences of speaking out. The downside can be
> significant--so I don't fault them for that.

Then there's that. He is a tyrant for sure. I guess you don't need charisma when you have the ability to crush people. I would think that now that would hot have as much power because GH is losing his grip. However, he will toy with them all until his goal of total fleecing of the sheep is complete. Why don't they see he doesn't give a rat's ass about any of them at all. But it is wise to remember the fear that controlled us and again, light a candle in the darkness in hope that people can break from that fear and live out their lives in freedom.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.