> They described it as a very harmful cycle
> for any church.

An understatement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 24, 2019 12:30AM

Ohman?
Anybody remember the bus driver. I think from Anaheim to living word school. Ken?
I got a whooping from him while preaching the word. Every word a spank. Not sure what I did. Maybe deserved it but anyway He was known for his whooping. My sis got whoop to.

Ohman?, the person you mentioned was the bus driver who brought the kids from Anaheim to the Valley school in the 1970s before the Anaheim school started. He may have also taught in the school. I had no idea that this was happening at the time, but have heard the same story from several former students and/or parents recently. I'm so sorry that you and your sister were subjected to this type of abuse.

It brings up an unfortunate side of human nature. You never really know what a person is like until you observe their behavior as they relate to those they see as “lesser” in some way. If he or she sees their charges as powerless and weak, they may be as kind as we believe them to be. Or, they may take out their frustrations or other character flaws in a very inappropriate way. Maybe that's why Jesus set the bar so high in the way that he treated children. How many times recently has someone reported abuse in various forms, and a chorus of people who “know” the abuser declare that the person would “never do that”? Maybe they don't really “know” that person until they have been a child in their care. May they never have to discover this truth in their old age when time and ill health may force them to be cared for by strangers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 12:44AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 24, 2019 02:19AM

Any idea how long the reign of this abusive bus driver was?
Talk about instilling a sense of helplessness within the students.
Horrible.
BTW, I grew up in a lower-income, working class neighborhood (Indio). A few of my close childhood friends liked to fight, and were quite good at it. To their credit, however, they always squared off with someone of their own ability, or better. Picking on the vulnerable like this is despicable.

Date: April 24, 2019 02:22AM

BTW, I think the Anaheim church corporation was renamed Hargrave Family Ministries in '92.

Date: April 24, 2019 02:33AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> It brings up an unfortunate side of human nature.
> You never really know what a person is like until
> you observe their behavior as they relate to those
> they see as “lesser” in some way.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: April 24, 2019 03:51AM

CHHP filed an amendment changing the name of that corporation to Hargrave Family Ministries - A Living Word Ministry. That gave them the ability to take the money paid for the church property into their HFM account. Although how they became entitled to that money when they had no physical church structure seems hazy at best. But I have been told that a lot of money began flowing from the trust to HFM at that time so their sense of entitlement was unchecked in my opinion.

In December/January the name was changed to just: Hargrave Ministries. This document was filed with the California Secretary of State in January 2019. Directors/Officers of the corporation at that time included Lisa Runquist and Bruce Larson. Public record.

TLW has announced a liquidation sale on its website. Letters have gone out to their subscribers announcing that they will no longer send out physical copies of the "word" and buried treasures will be available on mp3 on their website. What this means in the long run is anyone's guess.

Date: April 24, 2019 04:30AM

Onion wrote:
'CHHP filed an amendment changing the name of that corporation to Hargrave Family Ministries - A Living Word Ministry. That gave them the ability to take the money paid for the church property into their HFM account. Although how they became entitled to that money when they had no physical church structure seems hazy at best. But I have been told that a lot of money began flowing from the trust to HFM at that time so their sense of entitlement was unchecked in my opinion.

In December/January the name was changed to just: Hargrave Ministries. This document was filed with the California Secretary of State in January 2019. Directors/Officers of the corporation at that time included Lisa Runquist and Bruce Larson. Public record.

TLW has announced a liquidation sale on its website. Letters have gone out to their subscribers announcing that they will no longer send out physical copies of the "word" and buried treasures will be available on mp3 on their website. What this means in the long run is anyone's guess."

Take the Money and Run

Date: April 24, 2019 05:13AM

Onion Wrote:
"CHHP filed an amendment changing the name of that
corporation to Hargrave Family Ministries - A Living Word Ministry. That gave them the ability to take the money paid for the church property
into their HFM account."

Thanks for sharing this info, Onion.
Any idea what the city of Anaheim paid for the Church of His Holy Presence (CHHP)? Was it purchased through the process of eminent domain?

BTW, I came across this site (link below) that confirms the name change (Hargrave Family Ministries to Hargrave Ministries). There's also a listing of the directors/officers:

[opencorporates.com]

note: I'm assuming David B. Larson and Bruce Larson are one in the same.

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: April 24, 2019 12:10PM

my history as a forum poster is relatively short, 4 + months. my history with lw/shiloh, about 6 years, is also relatively short. from the multiple accounts offered on this forum, i was first awakened to an incredible sense of antipathy towards gary hargrave, one who claimed to be a "christian". i sense that my sense of antipathy would have been equal regarding the queen of the realm, marilyn; but she's dead either having met her judgment at the court of divine tribunal or just ashes in an urn or a slowly rotting corpse in a buried casket.

i think it was puddington that stated the issue is not hargrave and the justice we all wish he would face but rather the fate of the remaining churches and congregants, that they be free from the shroud of delusion, deception and emotional and material disenfranchisement. mostly, these are exceptionally decent folks who have believed, and many for a long, long time that the lw avenue was the path to a high moral conscious and the pinnacle of christian duty and now this! it is near impossible for me to fathom their conundrum given that 40 years ago i reasoned that this scene sucks; frigging good god, praying for the death of the leader's wife (while mariln's pussy in the wait in the alcove). i struggle with the stupidity that allowed this to happen and then allowed it to continue. i was stupid and allowed it to continue for a season as most of the merries did. and then, for each of us, in different seasons and different times and for different reasons allowed our moral compass to engage, allowed the rational to prevail over the whimsical. fuck hargrave and his future - i contend the fight is the rescue, however possible, for those that still believe in the same ruse that we merries all, once believed.
happy trails, good ones

[Moderator Note: No one is "stupid" just "brainwashed." Read and research the methods of coercive persuasion, thought reform and influence used by leaders to gain undue influence over their followers.][/b

[Links to help people understand how coercive persuasion works.]

See how coercive persuasion works [www.culteducation.com]

See the criteria to used to identifiy a thought reform program [www.culteducation.com]

See the distinct differences between education, advertising, indoctrination and thought reform irnation, [www.culteducation.com]

See Principles of Influence [www.culteducation.com]

[It's better to do meaningful research about how cult leaders manipulate people than to blame victims by calling them "stupid." Such name calling is against the rules of this message board and reflects gross ignorance.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 07:25AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 24, 2019 09:46PM

changedagain
Thanks for sharing this info, Onion.
Any idea what the city of Anaheim paid for the Church of His Holy Presence (CHHP)? Was it purchased through the process of eminent domain?

BTW, I came across this site (link below) that confirms the name change (Hargrave Family Ministries to Hargrave Ministries). There's also a listing of the directors/officers:
[opencorporates.com]

It looks like this branch of HFM (now HM) was incorporated in 2000 as a Foreign Nonprofit Corporation with jurisdiction in Hawaii. Isn't that about the year that G&M took up full time residence in Hawaii?

Does anyone know why it needed to be a Foreign Nonprofit?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.