Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 17, 2019 11:33PM

981,950 page views to date.
So far there is no indication this forum is dying. I'm sure that day will come.
Perhaps if I start sharing lyrics I've written to church songs it will expedite its demise:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 17, 2019 11:57PM

He's no longer here...which is a shame, since there was no one better at searching for sensitive documents.

Attachments: no one better.jpg (77.4 KB)  
Date: April 18, 2019 11:58PM

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
-Steven Weinberg

Steven Weinberg is an American theoretical physicist and Nobel laureate in Physics for his contributions with Abdus Salam and Sheldon Glashow to the unification of the weak force and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles.
-wikipedia

note: this description of him lost me at 'physicist.' Anyway, I wonder if given the chance, he would have spent any time attempting to get a revelation of Marilyn. Apparently he is still alive, so I may try to contact him only to ask that question. Wish me the best.

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: April 19, 2019 02:27PM

I don’t know if anyone on this forum previously observed that the term “upward flow” is a synonym for “pyramid scheme.”

With Marilyn deceased and with Gary and many others ostensibly out of the picture because they resigned and fled, or are laying low hoping that the law doesn’t catch up with them, who is at the top of the pyramid now?

How would one reconcile that doctrine now given the current reality?

Date: April 19, 2019 11:04PM

Amos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don’t know if anyone on this forum previously
> observed that the term “upward flow” is a synonym
> for “pyramid scheme.”

True

Date: April 19, 2019 11:12PM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Onion, I hope that Rick Holbrook is no longer
> receiving a salary from TLWF. The severance
> package is a very bad joke already.

Any details about the severance package Rick received, Reep?
I won't ask about the status of the independent investigation into allegations of sexual abuse and coverup in TLWF, since that is obviously a sham.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 20, 2019 01:45AM

Amos
I don’t know if anyone on this forum previously observed that the term “upward flow” is a synonym for “pyramid scheme.”

With Marilyn deceased and with Gary and many others ostensibly out of the picture because they resigned and fled, or are laying low hoping that the law doesn’t catch up with them, who is at the top of the pyramid now?

How would one reconcile that doctrine now given the current reality?

Who is at the top of the pyramid now? Good question, Amos. You can probably only know this by revelation. Lol! ;)

Date: April 20, 2019 02:01AM

Could you imagine either Hargrave or Holbrook having to submit to one another?
I think right now they're unified because of common interest. If one turned on the other, that would be a nightmare. Each one knows too much.
If they really are men of God, willing to lay their lives down for one another, please correct me. I admit--occasionally my perception is off. Like back in mid-2016 when I declared that the country was getting ready to enter into an era of unprecedented civility and serenity. In retrospect, it appears I wasn't quite perceiving things accurately.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: April 20, 2019 07:08AM

The problem (as I understand it) of a pyramid scheme is that those at the top benefitted as those below them brought in more people to make money that flowed up the pyramid. But some of the money did go to those not at the very pinnacle of the pyramid - just not enough to make the pyramid a legal structure for marketing.

In the walk pyramid scheme EVERYTHING flowed straight to the top and possibly second tier but nothing ever remained with those below. If they lost people they just worked the ones left all that much harder. It is no wonder that so many people have discovered or are discovering residual health issues that may be with them the rest of their lives.

People have said the work we all did was as unto the Lord and therefore cannot be complained of now. That is a fairy tale. Acceptance, permission and conformity based on false promises/fraud is not given freely but obtained by those committing the con through artifice and blatant, ongoing lies.

The walk excuse for working people so hard was they were teaching people to be sons of God. That justified (in their warped minds) teaching people to neglect their families, neglect their homes, neglect their health, etc. The leaders benefitting from this slave labor could have afforded to pay for household help and allowed people to enjoy their own lives rather than losing so much by giving it all to the leaders who benefitted. In some instances, it was the normal function for all of us to share our work ethic because back in the day no one made more than a poverty wage if anything so we needed to focus on what each one of us could give and share the labor. After G&M took the reins (by force and fraud) the notion of sharing the work just became another fairy tale from the past.

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 10:00PM

These lyrics say a lot of it for me...

Oh, life is bigger
It's bigger
Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to
The distance in your eyes
Oh no, I've said too much
I set it up
That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
I haven't said enough
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try
Every whisper
Of every waking hour
I'm choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you
Like a hurt lost and blinded fool, fool
I set it up
Consider this
Consider this
The hint of the century
Consider this
The slip that brought me
To my knees failed
What if all these fantasies
Come flailing around
Now I've said too much
But that was just a dream
That was just a dream
That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
I haven't said enough
But that was just a dream
Try, cry
Why try?
That was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream
Dream

Losing My Religion
R.E.M.
Songwriters: Bill Berry / Michael Stipe / Mike Mills / Peter Buck
Losing My Religion lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.