Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: April 12, 2019 09:59AM

Sorry for the odd editing and dangling line at the end of my post about misuse of restricted funds. I have a really pretty new computer but the same ol' brain is operating it.

Money from Bob's memorial went to the APCO travel? Why? That's such a load of crap that Bob would have wanted that. When Bob was treated like the offscouring of the earth for so many years as MAGNIFIED by what Gary said from the pulpit that he thought it was a case of Bob committing suicide because he didn't have discipline and was addicted to pain meds. Motherf--ker. Bob was leaving behind 4 kids. One of them was only 14 years old and trust me, not one penny from any offering was ever given to those kids by the church. Bob had a lot of problems that I know he came by honestly because of the family he was raised in which by the way includes me. But Gary drank so much he should have had stock in Johnny Walker and he lied and stole from the congregants in the churches with not a backward glance. How does he like being remembered for what was wrong with him and all of his wrongdoing rather than every acknowleding something he may have done right. Bob McClane had nothing because he gave everything to JRS and they drove Impact into the gutter during JRS' divorce. There were problems but there was a heart for JRS and for God there that I sure as hell haven't seen anything close to in G&M, Rick, and their banner carriers. Sick.

Okay back on topic - If anyone reading here was or knows someone who was a contributor for the COL gym, the retirement community in Shiloh, or anything along those lines, where the money was used for something completely different PLEASE SPEAK UP. Please write a letter of protest so the decision will have to include input from you before they give the offering money to some frickin' asshole for his fancy $3.5MM "retirement home" in Hawaii.

The rules I read in the book written by TLWF's pet lawyer talk about the church's record keeping. If you don't have records from that far back but you know you gave for that purpose, stand up and be heard. I know the churches used to keep good records. Let's see if they dropped that procedure too. THEY have to keep records.

Makes me sick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 12, 2019 11:03AM

Onion Wrote:

> Money from Bob's memorial went to the APCO travel?
> Why? That's such a load of crap that Bob would
> have wanted that. When Bob was treated like the
> offscouring of the earth for so many years as
> MAGNIFIED by what Gary said from the pulpit that
> he thought it was a case of Bob committing suicide
> because he didn't have discipline and was addicted
> to pain meds. Motherf--ker. Bob was leaving
> behind 4 kids. One of them was only 14 years old
> and trust me, not one penny from any offering was
> ever given to those kids by the church. Bob had a
> lot of problems that I know he came by honestly
> because of the family he was raised in which by
> the way includes me. But Gary drank so much he
> should have had stock in Johnny Walker and he lied
> and stole from the congregants in the churches
> with not a backward glance. How does he like
> being remembered for what was wrong with him and
> all of his wrongdoing rather than every
> acknowledging something he may have done right.
> Bob McClane had nothing because he gave everything
> to JRS and they drove Impact into the gutter
> during JRS' divorce. There were problems but
> there was a heart for JRS and for God there that I
> sure as hell haven't seen anything close to in
> G&M, Rick, and their banner carriers.

Agree

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: April 12, 2019 12:01PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The plan for senior housing went nowhere. Was that
> ever a real thing?

If they wait long enough there is no need for senior housing, unless that resurrection life thing happens, in which case they won’t need it then either. All those surviving seniors in resurrection bodies can sign billion year contracts like Scientologists do and work for all eternity on Gary’s houses and other kingdom stuff (maybe even my yacht)!

Date: April 12, 2019 11:44PM

Amos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> changedagain Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > The plan for senior housing went nowhere. Was
> that
> > ever a real thing?
>
> If they wait long enough there is no need for
> senior housing, unless that resurrection life
> thing happens, in which case they won’t need it
> then either. All those surviving seniors in
> resurrection bodies can sign billion year
> contracts like Scientologists do and work for all
> eternity on Gary’s houses and other kingdom stuff
> (maybe even my yacht)!

What a vision. Who could resist that!
#TransportedIntoFuture
#WorkingForEternity

Date: April 12, 2019 11:52PM

974,000+ page views.
I'm wondering if some of the people visiting are really just looking for someone to serve throughout eternity. If so, just a warning to them: you will never be considered sacrificial enough. So make sure you go in with a right attitude :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2019 12:01AM by changedagain.

Date: April 13, 2019 02:28PM

And another thing.... just kidding. But, yes, here is another thing.

People talk a lot about the "tax exempt purpose" and "nonprofit purpose" and now there is discussion after Ron Caquelin mentioned purpose in the newspaper article - and this is my take. Remember I'm not a lawyer so this is just my humble and pissed off opinion.

The language regarding purpose as to the REASON an organization is given tax exempt status is more general as to comparing tax exempt purposes between organizations.

When discussing the purpose of restricted donations (i.e. donations made to the church for VERY specific purposes) then handing the funds over to another nonprofit to fulfill that purpose is talking about the purpose of the offering.

I would understand that to mean that the funds for senior housing would be given to another nonprofit who would use the funds for the purpose for which they were donated. This is NOT a free pass to just give funds to another nonproft such as Hargrave Ministries (office name change from HFM ETC.).

I hope those who have a heart to want to see things done correctly and honestly understand the differences and gee, maybe even consult an objective attorney whose face is not surgically planted to Gary's butt? A real tax attorney is a good idea if everyone really wants to do the right thing.

Oh -- And if everyone wants to keep the IRS out of your own pockets because if directors sign off on doing something wrong, the IRS gets very personal.

I pray some good comes out of this for Shiloh/Kalona. And I pray someone gets a clue in Los Angeles about the many very IFFY projects like the Barn, the Resort, how about the secret wiring in all of the conference rooms? They probably didn't specify offerings for the wiring -- but people gave to purchase a property for the school, not a wine and cigar cellar and remote controlled floor for the Baby Grand piano....at the resort.

G'night.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 13, 2019 11:39PM

Extrapolating from your last post, Onion, I'm guessing that it's not a good time to be a director of TLWF and related entities. No matter how much members are told that said entities no longer exist, if the (non) leaders ask someone to serve on a board, interim or otherwise, the invitee might want to consult with a tax attorney that is completely independent from said (non) entity. Before feeling "privileged" and "honored" for such a task, those invitees might want to consider their families and find out exactly what they are agreeing to be legally responsible for. A word of caution: The IRS is not a respecter of persons. When the axe falls and the now MIA (non) leaders are nowhere to be found, take care that you are not the one left holding the proverbial bag.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: April 14, 2019 02:19AM

Is it true that Rick Holbrook is still drawing a salary from the Living Word?

Date: April 14, 2019 03:46AM

Is it true that the former "youth ministry" Rick Holbrook who was fired from TLWF based on numerous credible reports of his sexual abuse of congregants, by Gary Hargrave before Gary Hargrave himself stepped down in shame, is continuing to reap financial benefit from TLWF? Is Rick still receiving a salary? Is Lorena Holbrook still receiving a salary? Does Rick Holbrook still have access to the million dollar properties he convinced congregants to donate time and money for under false promises?

Have most or all of the former TLWF churches signed MOU's with the APCO and why are those being kept secret? Who benefits from this secrecy? Who is harmed by this secrecy? If there's not harm resulting from the MOU's then why the secrecy.

TLWF: False promises; secrecy; money misused; sexual abuse; underage drinking; rampant divorce; ministers having multiple affairs;

Total secrecy and silence pertaining to The Living Word at 7321 Atoll Street in North Hollywood - and the building next door purchased for huge sums of (offering) money and used only by Rick for whatever he wanted including parties and storage of his various lures used to draw young women to TLW.

Date: April 14, 2019 09:07AM

Amos Wrote:
> All those surviving seniors in
> resurrection bodies can sign billion year
> contracts like Scientologists do and work for all
> eternity on Gary’s houses and other kingdom stuff
> (maybe even my yacht)!

BTW, there has been an inexplicable surge in the number of yachts sinking lately. No real explanation as yet. I actually witnessed one last week, and I'm still spooked.

Attachments: sinking yacht.jpg (48.4 KB)  

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.