Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: April 02, 2019 12:33PM

richard m,

indeed a lot of sad stories but many in transition to enlightenment. perhaps one of the saddest stories in this complex saga is your former wife, marilyn and consequently, you. you can best imagine in whole what us others can only in part imagine should we care to. in my composing this in the very now i cannot help but wonder how the trajectory of the entire lw/shiloh enterprise might have been so incredibly different had you been able to persuade marilyn to engage in a path of a more rational embrace of a truthful narrative. i may be going out on a limb here but i read in your testament that you loved her unequivocally and lost her to a ruse, a ruse in which she became an ultimate player. perhaps i wax sentimental, i am sorry for your loss.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 03, 2019 03:26AM

Hi Prettyboy,

I got your PM. Many of us aren't exactly sure what we believe these days. There is no doctine test here.We all seem to know what we DON'T believe, though. ;)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 03, 2019 03:39AM

The Kingdom of God arrived in 1979. That's about the only thing I believe right now. And if that is somehow debunked, I'm not sure what I am going to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 03:39AM by changedagain.

Date: April 03, 2019 03:42AM

changedagain
A short clip of an individual who always followed his inner voice. This often meant exerting the least amount of effort to enjoy life & completely ignoring any and all guilt-trips. Trust me, I sent many his way, to no effect.
[youtu.be]

And we could all learn something about following our inner voice from this individual. Thanks for sharing, changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 03:43AM by Reepicheep.

Date: April 03, 2019 03:45AM

Well, stuff happened in 1979, but it sure didn't feel like the Kingdom to me. ;)

Date: April 03, 2019 04:29AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> And we could all learn something about following
> our inner voice from this individual. Thanks for
> sharing, changed.

Glad you enjoyed it. He taught me a lot of things--mostly what not to do :)

Date: April 03, 2019 06:21AM

"If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with other dogs."
He had an excellent track record in abiding by this scripture.
Evidence:

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: April 03, 2019 04:12PM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, stuff happened in 1979, but it sure didn't
> feel like the Kingdom to me. ;)

I was in that 1972 service when John Stevens described that vision and has only found the Walk a few months prior. I always thought that he was being metaphoric. Admittedly; however, I wasn’t much worried about retirement plans since I was sure that by now we’d be paving streets with gold and hanging out with Jesus.

My first child was born in October 1979, and that was pretty ”kingdomy.”

I still want my damn yacht though. You people need to stop carrying on about how messed up that whole thing was because if too many others catch on it’s going to wreck my chances!

My slogan will be “Make the Upward Flow Great Again” or MUFGA. Not as catchy as MAGA, but it can still fit on a hat.

Date: April 03, 2019 09:41PM

I like that slogan. In fact, I much prefer it to the uncatchy one I came up with, which might not fit on a hat: 'Sexual Abuse Happens in Every Church' (SAHIEC).

As far as John's vision, I took it literally, which I suspect most people in the Walk did at the time. Imagine my disappointment when 1979 arrived, and there were still stop lights demanding my attention. They had not disappeared as the vision promised. Yes, I was tempted to believe the Man of God's vision over what my eyes were seeing...but fortunately I decided to play it safe and stop my car when these imaginary stop lights turned red. I felt guilty for being an unbeliever, but in retrospect, it was probably wise I didn't exalt faith over sight in these instances. I'm certain it spared lives.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 09:43PM by changedagain.

Date: April 03, 2019 09:50PM

BTW, if anyone owns the living word book 'The Shape of Things to Come,' there's a chapter devoted to John's 'vision,' where he was alledly transported from 1972 to 1979 to witness the emerging Kingdom of God.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 09:55PM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.