Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 29, 2019 10:28PM

fool me twice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting new article in Kalona News today
> concerning Shiloh.
> [www.kalonanews.com]

The political maneuvering is impressive. They have a way of convincing the right people (with influence) to lobby on behalf of their will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 29, 2019 10:44PM

changedagain
The political maneuvering is impressive. They have a way of convincing the right people (with influence) to lobby on behalf of their will.

They've had years of practice using coercive persuasion on us. I wonder how the average Kalona resident feels about using the cult property?

Date: March 29, 2019 11:01PM

Could you imagine if they came face to face with the real history of this place? Maybe they would resist this "gift" out of concern for not being directly associated with it. But it sure is appealing, and I wouldn't bet that the offer will be rejected.

Date: March 29, 2019 11:45PM

In retrospect, perhaps the implosion of TLWF had more to do with the people not taking responsibility for the perfect word they had been given. Yeah, that's it. /s

An excerpt from a message a little over a year ago (by Gary Hargrave):

Together, We Drink This Cup
"It is not enough that I alone drink the cup the Lord is asking of me, but there must be a people who enter into the same commitment to drink this cup. It is time for each one of us to take responsibility for the Word of God over us. We have been given the perfect direction and provision in the Word that John Robert Stevens spoke."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2019 11:47PM by changedagain.

Date: March 29, 2019 11:52PM

950,000+ page views to date.
I was going to write that if we did not get at least a million page views before the end of the year, then what has been written is not true. But frankly I am spooked by a very notable person saying something similar many years ago, and it not working out. So I have decided to restrain myself :)

Date: March 30, 2019 12:55AM

fool me twice Wrote:
> Interesting new article in Kalona News today
> concerning Shiloh.
> [www.kalonanews.com]

excerpt:
"Many individuals have only truly seen Shiloh’s facility at July Fourth fireworks celebrations. There is much more to it. We would look, in partnership with Shiloh, to provide an open house for the public to view the facilities firsthand."

Date: March 30, 2019 01:44AM

changedagain Wrote:
> fool me twice Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Interesting new article in Kalona News today
> > concerning Shiloh.
> >
> [www.kalonanews.com]
>
>
> excerpt:
> "Many individuals have only truly seen Shiloh’s
> facility at July Fourth fireworks celebrations.
> There is much more to it. We would look, in
> partnership with Shiloh, to provide an open house
> for the public to view the facilities firsthand."

BTW, there have been over 600 comments on this forum that have referenced Shiloh. So if any of the Kalona residents want to get a glimpse of the flip side of this PR campaign for annexation, they have plenty of material. It doesn't deal with the qualities of the facilities, of course, mostly with people's experiences. Here is a link:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: March 30, 2019 01:49AM

And, under city control, the future experiences will likely not be negative ones. But I still think it would be wise to face its history--not just from the perspective of former leaders there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2019 01:58AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 30, 2019 12:22PM

It would be interesting if Shiloh could become something beneficial to the area what with trails and lakes and such.

It would be interesting to see if people can turn the amphitheater into something that can be used by anyone but Rick. Do you think he will call Kalona city folk on the phone when they open the storage rooms and yell at them for touching "his stuff" as he has in the past to Shiloh people? How is he going to keep up his ability to be surrounded by young women/prey? Maybe he will go into girls little league or cartoons or something along those lines.

Say bye bye Ichabod.

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: March 30, 2019 03:30PM

And now for something completely different ...

I remember sneaking out of a communal home in the Valley in 1973 in the middle of the night because I was sick of paying everyone elses rent, and at 18 being in charge of a half dozen older hippie types who couldn’t keep a job and grew pot in their rooms.

I remember almost getting beat up at a Jesus People meeting in Ventura where I used to go to debate doctrine as a pastime.

I remover chasing, with five other pastors and elders, a demon as it passed from person to person after a Santa Paula church service, creating quite a commotion, and finally ending it all by tossing a piece of jewelry out the door.

I remember one of the guys in the Mason House in Santa Barbara telling me that he threw out my Satanic Bible because it was “staring at him” after falling from my bookshelf (I had [still have] quite a collection of unusual literature that I would study alongside LW literature).

I remember trying to unsuccessfully convince a woman in Ojai California that she hadn’t committed the unpardonable sin.

I remember attending an after church party in Dallas Texas at an affiliated group where we from the Houston Church would visit now and then and having the cops called on us at 3 AM because it became a loud drunken celebration. If I recall, we weren’t ever invited back.

I remember being in a van making the rounds of other Texas Churches with other pastors and elders from Houston Texas and trying to convince INS at a border checkpoint not to take one of the Brazilians with us into custody because he had no papers.

I remember having a vision where the Lord appeared to me in a room at an Embassy Suites hotel in Houston Texas days after hurricane Alicia and telling me that he was “angry with Houston because of their hardness of heart” and then showing me things that would happen (and some have). I told my wife and Bob Hunt about what I saw.

I remember trying to sneak into a sold out Disneyland New Year's party by trying to hide in the ivy above a restaurant in the park just before regular admission hours ended, getting caught, and paraded out like criminals by security, along with Nancy (my wife), and Peter and Sandy Skidanov.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.