Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 28, 2019 09:22AM

Me too Changedagain.

Hey everyone out there - Does anyone know what is being planned for Shiloh U?

I don't think the U can survive without offerings from the churches. I hope no other locations take on that burden. Another brilliant business idea with no plan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 28, 2019 10:21AM

Is it just me or does this all seem like it has been in planning for a long time? All without inviting input from the general congregation, of course. And definitely without any help from survivors.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 28, 2019 11:23AM

The plans are made, and then follows the pretense of 'seeking God' and asking for input from the ministries down the authority chain, and as a last resort, the congregation. The few times I was involved in an input session involving top leadership...I came to the conclusion that the decision(s) had already been made, and the meetings were just to give the appearance that the others had a say in what eventually went down. And perhaps more importantly, to see who would likely be loyal to them, and who they should be concerned about. Anyway, it's entirely possible Hargrave had been considering the dissolution of TLWF even before the sexual abuse scandal went public. Or perhaps some major change that the people would have a real problem with (his resignation?). I do recall early last year the messages about "the cup"--something supposedly Hargrave had already drank from...signifying (I think) an upcoming cross experience, that the rest of the fellowship would have to face.
My head hurts writing this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 11:26AM by changedagain.

Date: March 28, 2019 10:57PM

fool me twice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I may be wrong about the 1,000 acres but it's far
> more than 200 when you consider Marilyn Farms. HFM
> owns Marilyn Farms.

Aside from Gary, who are the members of HFM? Has it changed through the years?
...sorry for asking inappropriate questions. In the past, these are the type of questions that invoked the wrath of God the Father. I suppose I should brace myself for another year of hard voluntary labor :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 11:10PM by changedagain.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 29, 2019 01:35AM

changedagain
The plans are made, and then follows the pretense of 'seeking God' and asking for input from the ministries down the authority chain, and as a last resort, the congregation. The few times I was involved in an input session involving top leadership...I came to the conclusion that the decision(s) had already been made, and the meetings were just to give the appearance that the others had a say in what eventually went down. And perhaps more importantly, to see who would likely be loyal to them, and who they should be concerned about. Anyway, it's entirely possible Hargrave had been considering the dissolution of TLWF even before the sexual abuse scandal went public. Or perhaps some major change that the people would have a real problem with (his resignation?). I do recall early last year the messages about "the cup"--something supposedly Hargrave had already drank from...signifying (I think) an upcoming cross experience, that the rest of the fellowship would have to face.
My head hurts writing this.

My head hurts reading this, changed. Especially the cross experience part. This whole thing came down within a couple of days after the public FB posts. It had to have been planned ahead. What seems to have happened is that GH was dealt a magnificent stroke of luck: a way to blame victims and survivors for what he already had planned.

Date: March 29, 2019 02:36AM

And now for something completely different...
A short clip of someone who had an unorthodox method of giving back to the family.
Enjoy.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: March 29, 2019 02:01PM

changedagain,

wow, i am still allowed to post! be snarky and get a drink, changedagain. my recollection, enos bender sold his farm to lw a dime to a dollar. harvey bender, did something similar or even for less. certainly this recollection could be errant. "marilyn farms" - what a joke, what did the she god know about farming?

thanks rick, for allowing me to continue to post. i'll do my best to behave per forum constraints. like changedagain, i can be somewhat snarky. to the freedom of conscience, to those of us having been freed and to those still struggling with the allure of that freedom, well, spring has arrived and that demands of us to bloom. how we bloom rests to the testament of our respective demands of our moral compass, sometimes with great clarity and sometimes somewhat nebulous. like the great prophet jerry garcia and his minions once stated "what a long strange trip it has been" (and continues to be).
happy trails, merries

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: March 29, 2019 02:32PM

sometimes reading all these accounts can be so damn overwhelming. on the other hand, and the bright light that emanates from all these accounts, is that freedom eventually triumphed over servitude; that truth triumphed over deception; that community triumphed over isolation; that resolution triumphed over acquiescence; that the near powerless contended. with the very, very powerful.

the powerful (hargraves and minions) fear your voice.
do carry on.

Posted by: fool me twice ()
Date: March 29, 2019 08:21PM

Interesting new article in Kalona News today concerning Shiloh.
[www.kalonanews.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 29, 2019 09:17PM

Prettyboy:

Reading about the recovery of other cult members and studying research about cult recovery is very helpful. You realize that your group and problems are not unique and learn from the experiences of others who have made it through the recovery process.

Books like "Snapping," "Cults in Our Midst" and my book "Cults Inside Out" are good resources that can help.

And of course this database has a subsection on cult recovery within the database.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.