>
> Rick Holbrook is still being paid by the church
> and has been since the "administrative leave" or
> whatever they call it.

>
> There are probably very obvious others who are as
> well. In full disclosure I heard this first hand
> from a source I trust completely and implore those
> with the resources to confirm first hand.

Thanks for coming aboard, Enlightened465.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 26, 2019 01:41AM

changedagain
Gary H--best to assume that whatever he does has his own interests first and foremost. We saw it with his phony, nebulous apology (for PR purposes) and now in what appears to be the dissolution of TLWF...which still doesn't answer the question of who controls the remaining assets, obviously his primary concern (well, after escaping the long arm of the law).

Anyway, he's a skilled practitioner of deceit, so we can't assume what he has done, or is doing now, is motivated by any concern for the victims. People with legal inclinations, get to work.

BTW, someone on the FB thread has begun comparing him to Apostle Paul, prior to his Road to Damascus conversion. If that doesn't trigger your gag reflex, nothing will.

So, Gary was Saul prior to his conversion on the road to Damascus during all these years that he claimed to be THE Apostolic Fathering ministry? Well sh*t, that explains a lot of the past forty years, doesn't it? And how and why do these people believe that he has changed now? Wow!

Posted by: fool me twice ()
Date: March 26, 2019 08:09AM

Reepicheep wrote:
>So, Gary was Saul prior to his conversion on the road to Damascus during all these years that he claimed to be THE Apostolic Fathering ministry? Well sh*t, >that explains a lot of the past forty years, doesn't it? And how and why do these people believe that he has changed now? Wow!

From Wikipedia:
Conversion of Paul the Apostle
"The conversion of Paul the Apostle, was, according to the New Testament, an event in the life of Paul the Apostle that led him to cease persecuting early Christians and to become a follower of Jesus."
So does that mean no more blaming the victim and he will now, unlike before, become a follower of Jesus? You are correct Reepicheep: "it does explain a lot of the last 40 years."

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 26, 2019 01:47PM

KByrne - I so appreciate your measured and wise description of what we go thru in the imprisonment of our minds by the cult. The comparison you made to the abused children you've met in your work with CASA is exactly what we all need to remember. I am familiar with CASA's work from my many years working in family law in Los Angeles. You are really the heroes of the family law court system as far as the care for children is involved. Thank you.

There are some things going on right now that exhibit afresh that the ApCo and leaders of TLWF have never been sincere in their apologies and have not intended to do ANYthing to correct their behavior or to look for ways to correct the RESULTS of their behavior in us.

I will share more detail as I get it organized in my mind over the next few days. I have a lot of new input to digest which involves stomping my feet in anger, crying in my sadness for people ignored and still trapped, and trying to figure out how to cogently present the information so we can all be aware that there have been NO recognizable changes in the mode of conduct of Gary Hargrave or any of the others aligned with him. NONE at all.

I take very strong issue with being told I am complicit in the harm that was done to me by this cult. I have poured my guts out in my posts here and in other groups and in private, because I am tremendously sorry for being complicit in some of the actions that were taken in the management of departments I was involved in at Blix and TLW.

No one has the right to call any of us or of those who are still under the oppressive thumb of TLWF (by any name) as being complicit in the harm done and continuing to be done to all of us. That idea comes only from a place of ignorance and I believe we all deserve that those who wish to speak so harshly to us now, would please take some time to read the material made available to us by Rick Ross on this forum. Study the material Dr. Ross points us to. Understand the power of mind control. Then suggest to the wounded warriors present on this forum that we are complicit in our harm. I suggest with education you would never be able to utter such words here.

Thank you KByrne, Reepicheep, Changedagain, FMT and all those who write supportively here now both new posters and old. You saved my life and that is not an exaggeration.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 26, 2019 07:35PM

Prettyboy:

Your post attempting to blame former members for being victims of a destructive authoritarian group is wrong and not factually based.

Please don't use this board to post such opinions, which are against the rules you agreed to before posting here.

No personal attacks.

You apparently need to do some reading about the deception and coercive persuasion used by cults to trick and trap people.

See [cultsinsideout.com]

This book is an in-depth study with an 18-page bibliography and more than 1,250 research footnotes.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This subsection of the database has numerous articles and research papers about coercive persuasion, thought reform and influence techniques used to gain undue influence.

No one that has been victimized by a cult must to "come to terms" according to your proscribed process. In fact, your opinion isn't based upon facts, but rather insists upon blaming and shaming cult victims, which is not helpful.

Again, stop posting such misinformed and inaccurate accusations or you will be banned from this message board.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2019 07:38PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 27, 2019 11:45PM

I just read on FB that someone is in talks with the city of Kalona, IA to deed the Shiloh property to Kalona. For free...

Guessing that Shiloh is not the center of the universe after all. Who knew?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 28, 2019 12:05AM

The big escape plan? What is this about?
"In exchange for you not checking into our past, here is some valuable free property!"
On the surface (if true) it appears very altruistic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 12:13AM by changedagain.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: March 28, 2019 12:35AM

Free Iowa land with a cow disease in the soil. Sort of a “gift horse”.

Date: March 28, 2019 12:41AM

I guess if anyone is thinking of getting back wages from their toil in building Shiloh, they will need to sue the city of Kalona :)

My advice to anyone considering receiving something free from former TLWF leaders: DON'T!

p.s. We bind the cow disease in the soil, oh Lord!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 12:42AM by changedagain.

Date: March 28, 2019 01:37AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read on FB that someone is in talks with
> the city of Kalona, IA to deed the Shiloh property
> to Kalona. For free...

Any idea whether all the Shiloh property is being offered--or will a few former Shiloh leaders keep some of it for themselves to develop it for the Lord.
Nevermind. Let's just trust that the right thing will be done.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.