Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: March 23, 2019 11:26AM

little red flag, hello in there,
i just read the link you provided and in my reading that i was reminded of a woman that i had dated many years ago. she was born into a jehovah witness family and had been sexually abused, actually raped per her account to me, by an older brother. when finally, she gathered the wherewithal to alert her parents and church leadership of the sexual abuse, she was ostracized and instructed to repent. she did not despite that her family and her church were the core of her social life. as a result of her intransigence, she was excommunicated and her family was instructed to never share a meal with her(good ole bibical edicts) and the congregants instructed to shun her. what i found so profound about her story was that she was not bitter. talk about forgiveness, to me she was the embodiment of that notion and one, given the degree of offense/s, is something i would have been perfectly unable to do. religion is a double-edged sword; capable of raising a call to high moral standards but so often so completely derelict in the actual employment of those standards, the lw being a prime example of such.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 23, 2019 11:46AM

Prettyboy,
Thank you for sharing your account of the Jehovah's Witness woman who had been sexually assaulted and then ostracized for reporting the abuse. This is so upsetting and sad. I have dear ones in that organization, and I hate to think of this happening to them. There is some light at the end of the tunnel, as Watchtower has recently been ordered to pay $35 million for covering up the childhood sexual abuse of a woman in Montana. The following link provides another similar story. It's time for this to end everywhere, and especially in churches.
[www.nbcnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 11:46AM by Reepicheep.

Date: March 23, 2019 11:50AM

onion,
regarding your very serious query 2 pages ago how much i paid honeybutt. well, no $ stipend, just free room and board, full access to vehicle use, full access to a basement segment with growing lights for his favorite plant and no household duties (which is immense given he is the literal slob that hargraves is the figurative slob). i've yet to hear from him since his departure to d.c. i also have not heard from dear leader hargraves in response to my earlier invitation. as in the other dear leader, trump the frump, might say - "so sad"

Date: March 23, 2019 12:07PM

dear reepicheep,
indeed, it is time and way long past time for these abuses to end and not just the abuses, and perhaps with greater significance, the coverups, the willful, very willful coverups of those abuses. to be complicit with the crime by trying to cover it up is no less equal to committing the crime. who to despise more?

Posted by: Enlightened465 ()
Date: March 23, 2019 12:22PM

Hi Onion and all,
I have been a long time follower but as of tonight a first time poster. Luckily my family and I have been out for a while. That said we were involved for quite a long time at various locations. My spouse and I were involved in various capacities on and off for years. And at times a part of inner circles that many were not. We have maintained close relationships with many that to this day we still call friends. I agree like so many that the relationships with those in "the pews" are the true treasure in all of this.

I choose to post specifically as a response to the salaries of some senior ministries. The numbers quoted by Onion are in alignment with what I have heard.
What is most upsetting to me and I am sure to those who have left recently and specifically to those who are still choosing to align themselves is this.....

Rick Holbrook is still being paid by the church and has been since the "administrative leave" or whatever they call it.

There are probably very obvious others who are as well. In full disclosure I heard this first hand from a source I trust completely and implore those with the resources to confirm first hand.

As always FOLLOW THE MONEY! More to come.......

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 23, 2019 12:46PM

Enlightened465 - Thank you.

I am sure many others are still on payroll like the Haworths, Seboldts, and anyone else that can paint a picture they are helping in the transition.

I am shocked about Rick -- not shocked in the sense I expected any better behavior from the idiots in charge - but shocked that they would continue to PROVE that their position IS and HAS ALWAYS BEEN to facilitate, hide, cover up and probably participate in the many, many heinous wrongdoings of Rick Holbrook.

How can any one of the people involved in TLWF leadership ever say "they never knew or they would have done something" when they continue to pay that slimy piece of shit. I supposed Lorena is still on salary too. I learned today that she is living separately from Rick but sneaks over in the evening for a booty call. How lovely..... the sickness continues.

Date: March 23, 2019 01:02PM

enlightened465,

welcome to this forum and thanks for your informative first post. to keep holbrook quiet and safe it is necessary to provide for him until this shit storm subsides and the merries return to watching reality tv, march madness and/or the ensuing baseball season. hargraves must certainly know that holbrook is a key weak link, a michael cohen sort if you like. cannot allow holbrook to get squeezed into a corner with his best option to squeal. holbrook squeals with some promise from prosecutors to go light (statute of limitations on sexual abuse charges is gone so he is free there, unfortunately) but hard to imagine how that could happen. even a successful civil suit might be an opening, but that is really just a slap on his wrist when his offenses should put him behind steel bars just like other rapists. and to his current wife - hello, you are married to a rapist. oops, weak tact - she already knows it. ain't life a trip.

Date: March 23, 2019 01:06PM

i meant to include one other thought in my previous post - the merries are not going away. they are like nile crocodiles waiting to get some teeth on hargrave meat.

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: March 23, 2019 10:48PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> It would be interesting to do a roll call of who
> worked full time at TLW, Shiloh, KB's, for free or
> for sub-minimum wage - add up the money that was
> saved by the TLWF churches and businesses and
> publish it. It would be astounding. And it would
> be revealing.

Yes, and add to that not just the free labor, sub-minimum wage, but the money that was made FOR TLW from kingdom businesses.

I don't know how many times I went "chicken catching." What a horrible and dirty job, and every cent went to Shiloh.

One of the biggest betrayals is that I thought that the leadership was living the same life of sacrifice that we were living.

I sure don't remember Gary going chicken catching with us. ;-)

Posted by: fool me twice ()
Date: March 23, 2019 11:01PM

kbyrne wrote:
Yes, and add to that not just the free labor, sub-minimum wage, but the money that was made FOR TLW from kingdom businesses.

I don't know how many times I went "chicken catching." What a horrible and dirty job, and every cent went to Shiloh.

One of the biggest betrayals is that I thought that the leadership was living the same life of sacrifice that we were living.

I sure don't remember Gary going chicken catching with us. ;-)

My wife and I were at those chicken catching 'events' nearly every time they were held. It was indeed horrible and dirty. My wife developed allergies later to both dust and feathers. I did not ever see Gary there. ;-)
In 1974, just after my wife and I were married, I worked in a KB for a wage of $35.00 a week. After three months I got a raise to $75.00 a week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.